It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary and Trump. aren't the only two options

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

The whole thing is rigged and you know it as well as the rest of us. The 'alternate' options you refer to are equally rigged...or at least most are.

None of us want to believe the one we support or choose as 'the lesser of two evils' is the one of the rigged/bait options.

None of us know for sure. Likely it's systemic as much or more so outright individual candidate-rigged. Although, IMO, Hillary is the most blatant of the potential group.

Nothing adds more confusion into the process as the other 'options' as you cite. If not you and I stress 'IF', then many have no other intention than reducing the chances either of one or the other main candidates.

Simply put, you option are no less suspect that the two main ones....and you know it.

Even an honest, sincere option is likely allowed the slot for no other reason than the draining of votes from the actual intended candidate. Tell me that isn't a realistic possibility.

To hell with the 'options'. One candidate makes money from politics and is likely completely bought and paid for. The other spends his own money-and therefore more likely to be altruistic- and his rhetoric is improving the lot and direction of the U.S. of A..

It's your call and choice....

edit on 26-7-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Public schools are funded by the government which teach republican and democratic nothing else. Nada. Squat.

So now there's over 100 million that aren't gonna vote and 100+ million Americans that have no idea third parties exist, and if you were to tell them now it's too late. It wouldn't make it a difference they're Already D or R.

And the other third of Americans, well they're probably kids

And here's the catch with the third party, it's a vote for any candidate and every candidate.

Because once someone votes against the two parties. That's one less person that would've voted for a democrat or republican, which ultimately leads to a vote for either a democrat or republican.

And even if the 1/3 of Americans knew of the third parties, with no help from the media they would still believe people are gonna vote Dem or Rep so it doesent matter.

edit on 26-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The whole thing is rigged and you know it as well as the rest of us. The 'alternate' options you refer to are equally rigged...or at least most are.

None of us want to believe the one we support or choose as 'the lesser of two evils' is the one of the rigged/bait options.

None of us know for sure. Likely it's systemic as much or more so outright individual candidate-rigged. Although, IMO, Hillary is the most blatant of the potential group.

Nothing adds more confusion into the process as the other 'options' as you cite. If not you and I stress 'IF', then many have no other intention than reducing the chances either of one or the other main candidates.

Simply put, you option are no less suspect that the two main ones....and you know it.

Even an honest, sincere option is likely allowed the slot for no other reason than the draining of votes from the actual intended candidate. Tell me that isn't a realistic possibility.

To hell with the 'options'. One candidate makes money from politics and is likely completely bought and paid for. The other spends his own money-and therefore more likely to be altruistic- and his rhetoric is improving the lot and direction of the U.S. of A..

It's your call and choice....
Sadly, I agree with your entire post. People with their eyes wide shut is the bugger

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

Then Bernie endorsing Hillary making everything he's said as a candidate void

How does it make EVERYTHING he said void, when one of the things he said was that he would support Hillary and endorse her if he lost?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Gary Johnson or Jill Stein... I'll let you pick and we can boost each other.

I'm glad to see a taker, but were you planning on voting for Trump or Hillary? I really want to pull someone away from one of them!

If so, I am good with voting for either Johnson or Stein!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No they aren't, but Trump's the best. Vote with your conscience if that let's you sleep at night. In the end it won't really matter.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

No, I have not planned to vote Trump or Hillary.

You won't be taking one away with me.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

No they aren't, but Trump's the best. Vote with your conscience if that let's you sleep at night. In the end it won't really matter.

If I vote third party and Hillary wins I'll feel like I should've voted trump so she wouldn't win. My conscience won't be clean.

If I vote for trump my conscience won't be clean.

If I vote for Hillary *shivers uncontrollably a little bit* my conscience won't be clean.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Would love to see an organized effort to appeal to apathetic, disenfranchised voters and entice them to vote third party.

The time is ripe for that.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Decades of voting for the lesser of 2 evils is exactly what got us here in this septic race to the bottom. Does anyone here really think that Hillary or trump is any better than the other? They both put us in serious danger of ww3, neither of them has any kind of plan to deal with peak oil or climate change. Neither one can improve the quality of life for the middle or lower classes in any way. Neither has any sense of the crisis the global economy is facing or how it will affect our country. Neither has any ability to create diplomatic relationships with anyone ever. They are the two most odious choices possible. A vote for either one condones the process that brought them and guarantees aneven worse choice next time. Vote for someone else, anyone else, and vote for real choices.

If wenough people vote for another option, no one will get elected and the whole debacle goes to congress. That will send a message!!! And if congress is as incompetent as usual, we could be president free for YEARS!!! LOL just kidding about that last part

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I would too. That said Jill Stein made a really good case for herself at the DNC tonight.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst

Decades of voting for the lesser of 2 evils is exactly what got us here in this septic race to the bottom. Does anyone here really think that Hillary or trump is any better than the other?
Well said and I couldn't agree more. But the Internet and/or media corporations have a lot and I mean a lot lot lot alot of lot to do with how the how Americans think and/or react.

And the media. MSM. And/or social media was and still is bought out and paid for a long time ago.
edit on 26-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

If you vote for Trump it should be clean. Third party is fine too, better than Hillary.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Heck yes! Jill Stein, please.

NO vote is a wasted vote as long as one votes their ideals and values with the candidate who holds their values and ideals. What IS a waste is holding values all election season and then rolling belly side up and doing what tptb want - every single time- and going "lesser of two evils".

There are loads more running than just two, and people always insta forget that.
Definition of Insanity, people.
Break the mold.
There are more than two.
The top two ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a lesser of two evils aspect.
And like trained monkeys, everyone always rolls over despite their hating of a candidate and votes them in.... With a huge "but" and a sigh....

You tired of being used?
Tired of the same insanity dance?
If you have ideals
And they lie with anyone but the lesser of top two
And if you ain't evil
Then why keep voting the devil in?

Break the cycle.
End the bs.
Stop playing the govts game.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Would love to see an organized effort to appeal to apathetic, disenfranchised voters and entice them to vote third party.

To offset the idea that a vote for Stein is a vote for Trump and a vote for Johnson is a vote for Clinton. How about you vote for Stein and I will vote for Johnson? We equalize our votes for both third parties and at the same time nullify a vote for the 2 established parties!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833

Heck yes! Jill Stein, please.

NO vote is a wasted vote as long as one votes their ideals and values with the candidate who holds their values and ideals. What IS a waste is holding values all election season and then rolling belly side up and doing what tptb want - every single time- and going "lesser of two evils".

There are loads more running than just two, and people always insta forget that.
Definition of Insanity, people.
Break the mold.
There are more than two.
The top two ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a lesser of two evils aspect.
And like trained monkeys, everyone always rolls over despite their hating of a candidate and votes them in.... With a huge "but" and a sigh....

You tired of being used?
Tired of the same insanity dance?
If you have ideals
And they lie with anyone but the lesser of top two
And if you ain't evil
Then why keep voting the devil in?

Break the cycle.
End the bs.
Stop playing the govts game.
Exactly

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

To offset the idea that a vote for Stein is a vote for Trump and a vote for Johnson is a vote for Clinton. How about you vote for Stein and I will vote for Johnson? We equalize our votes for both third parties and at the same time nullify a vote for the 2 established parties!

If I can't find any Hillary or Trump takers, I will vote for whichever third party candidate is polling ahead! I'll vote for Stein, I'll vote for Johnson, but I will not vote for Clinton or Trump!

And I want to encourage anyone who feels like me, to post the same message on their FB. It's a generous offer! I may not have gotten any takers, but I did get many 'likes."

If anyone wants to copy & paste it, here it is again:

Is anyone else apathetic about the election? Are you voting against ‘the other party/candidate’ more than you are voting FOR a candidate? Are you disgusted with the two party system but afraid your vote won’t be meaningful if you cast it for a third party candidate?

Please let me double the weight of your vote!

If you plan on voting for Hillary or Trump, but answered yes to any of the above, I will gladly pledge to vote for the third party candidate OF YOUR CHOOSING, if you vote for them, also.

I am serious. I will double the weight of your third party vote, I will vote for the third party candidate you choose, and consider it a very small sacrifice to end this lousy two-party system. Just 5% of the vote will give a third party ballot access and public funding.

It’s not unreasonable to think that ^^THIS^^ might be the very best outcome of this election that can be hoped for.

PM me if you are interested!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I was willing vote for whichever polled better, but upon finding out Johnson believes in and supports "citizen's united" which is pretty much straight up saying, "I'm for enriching and empowering corporate America, and fully endorsing everything that embodies the corruption of politics with corporate greed.

For me Citizen's United is the clear point where we the people may have lost the fight. The damage of it is so great, I'm not even sure the fight isn't already lost because of it.

The only thing that's given me hope up to now is that they still tried to hide. Meaning they had reasons to still be afraid.

Now with the blatancy of Hillary's corruption, I'm beginning to fear that, they're really not that afraid anymore.

That said, Johnson's support of "Citizens United" clearly places him firmly in the corner of corporate greed and the bankers.

So I can't vote for Johnson. Shoot at least even Hillary pretends she's against it. I'd feel more comfortable voting for Trump then Johnson.
edit on 7/29/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am looking at Lynn S Kahn as a possible candidate I would vote for. My vote may not matter to anyone else..to you, the government, to the world..But I think really your vote should only matter to yourself. Even if it doesn't count..I would rather know I tried and voted true to myself..then to vote for just the lessor of two evils as some have called it.

She isn't as polished a Hillary, not a rough as Trump. But when she talks, I truly believe she aims to do what she says she is going to..I get a sense of honesty from her that I haven't gotten from any other candidate. And so far..what she has spoken about..the changes...makes perfect sense.

I am still looking..but she seems to be pretty well balanced in her stances.. Here's some videos and her website..

Platform

I dunno..just searching for someone I truly want to support.. instead of someone I am being forced to support..hate not having options.

anyhow..second time I stuck my nose in a forum I really don't belong in. So, I will exit stage left and go back to lurking..

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 1-8-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I felt the need to bump this thread due to prior revelations

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join