It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary and Trump. aren't the only two options

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There's also a green and yellow party IMO are not power and/or money hungry, and/or corrupted

Keep seeing Hillary Clinton and Donald trump blasted everywhere over the media lies, fraud, money laundering the Clinton family probably even has a couple murders under their belt, trump is a reality tv star etc.

Then Bernie endorsing Hillary making everything he's said as a candidate void

Then DWS stepping down after the WikiLeaks then getting promoted to different position

Also Bernie was invited by Jill Stein to join the Green Party.

I would vote this woman if she happened to be a candidate somehow m.worldstarhiphop.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The US election is so confusing.. there are so many twist and turns, here in Denmark we just get a a list of names on a paper walk into a room and put a X with the one we want to vote for, same in US ? do the Americans just get a piece of paper with a two lines saying Trump and Hillary and one just set a X with the one you want for president ?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Shes a feisty one...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
They are the only practical options. One of them will get it. Oh, I know some people want to vote their "conscience," but if you do your vote will be only symbolic. Plus in a very close election you run the risk of allowing the candidate you least like to get in.

The way I see it you're not really voting for a President as much as you are voting for what effect they will have long-term. Short-term they can do very little. Look at Obama. From a policy standpoint, his are very close to Bush. Imagine that? Well, it's because he has very little choice, really. But where a President can influence generations is in his nominees to the Supreme Court. The next president may have opportunity to appoint several. The Supreme Court is currently evenly divided. If Hillary gets in she will assure that the anti-gunners get in. If Trump is elected, we're likely to get more conservative supreme court justices. I don't think Trump is a traditional conservative at all. In fact, if you analyze his stance on the issues of the day, he's pretty middle of the road, but relatively speaking, Hillary will appoint liberals. Hillary and/or Trump will be gone in a few years, but the result of the supreme court nominations will influence this country for decades.
edit on 7/26/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

We get a list of all the candidates and we fill in a line on a scan sheet to determine who we want. There is also an option for a write in where we can write in any name we want.

So on the ballot all names will be listed but most of the time the people will have only heard of trump or hillary because of media manipulation. Oh and on the ballot they will put trump and hillary at the top of the list of names so that you dont even think to look at the others.

Im surprised they don't just have hillary and trump listed with an asterix telling us to turn the ballot over for other options. Im sure thats in the works though.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
The US election is so confusing.. there are so many twist and turns, here in Denmark we just get a a list of names on a paper walk into a room and put a X with the one we want to vote for, same in US ? do the Americans just get a piece of paper with a two lines saying Trump and Hillary and one just set a X with the one you want for president ?

Pretty much, but majority vote doesn't mean win. Look up electoral college.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It's only symbolic because quitters like you make it symbolic by refusing to stand with us.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

I posted this on my FB wall yesterday:

Is anyone else apathetic about the election? Are you voting against ‘the other party/candidate’ more than you are voting FOR a candidate? Are you disgusted with the two party system but afraid your vote won’t be meaningful if you cast it for a third party candidate?

Please let me double the weight of your vote!

If you plan on voting for Hillary or Trump, but answered yes to any of the above, I will gladly pledge to vote for the third party candidate OF YOUR CHOOSING, if you vote for them, also.

I am serious. I will double the weight of your third party vote, I will vote for the third party candidate you choose, and consider it a very small sacrifice to end this lousy two-party system. Just 5% of the vote will give a third party ballot access and public funding.

It’s not unreasonable to think that ^^THIS^^ might be the very best outcome of this election that can be hoped for.

PM me if you are interested!

No takers.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

We have voting machines in our area. They give you a card that is just like a credit or access card. You scan it into the machine. Then you use the touch screen to navigate through the various options, selecting available options or typing in a "write-in" name if you wish, until you confirm your selections at the end.

I don't totally trust them. Anything electronic can be susceptible to hacking.

And you need to watch carefully while you are entering. There are reports of the choices switching on people after they move to the next screen. One time I got all the way to confirmation, and happened to look back before walking away, and it said something like transaction canceled. I had to get an election worker to set me up to remedy that.

On topic - the winner will be either Hillary or Trump. If you are in an area where it will be close, your vote is wasted on a third party.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

It's only symbolic because quitters like you make it symbolic by refusing to stand with us.

Oh, no! Wrong! I refuse to "stand with you" because what you stand for is generally crap. Most of the alternatives are nutjobs. I wouldn't "stand with you" if yours were the only candidate running. If you were stronger, I'd actively oppose you. As it is, that's just not necessary because you are weak and ineffectual. If anyone is "quitting," that would be you for refusing to face reality. If you want to throw your vote away, be my guest. If enough of you do, my person wins--and that's a good thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: ssenerawa

I posted this on my FB wall yesterday:

Is anyone else apathetic about the election? Are you voting against ‘the other party/candidate’ more than you are voting FOR a candidate? Are you disgusted with the two party system but afraid your vote won’t be meaningful if you cast it for a third party candidate?

Please let me double the weight of your vote!

If you plan on voting for Hillary or Trump, but answered yes to any of the above, I will gladly pledge to vote for the third party candidate OF YOUR CHOOSING, if you vote for them, also.

I am serious. I will double the weight of your third party vote, I will vote for the third party candidate you choose, and consider it a very small sacrifice to end this lousy two-party system. Just 5% of the vote will give a third party ballot access and public funding.

It’s not unreasonable to think that ^^THIS^^ might be the very best outcome of this election that can be hoped for.

PM me if you are interested!

No takers.

try AOL forums.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You have no concept of what I stand for then. I don't stand for any particular third party candidate. Yeah a lot of them are nutters, but is no worse than the slavers you're supporting. What I support is making it so that the dems and reps lose their monopoly, so that, getting their way becomes harder for the elites, to restore some balance.

Once third party becomes viable we'll get more worthwhile candidates. But it needs to become viable first.

As long as they'll be voted in no matter what, there's zero reason for the democratic and republican parties to change.

We can't keep rewarding them with our support.
edit on 7/26/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Bravo. Precisely.

a reply to: Puppylove

To add: this is a two-party system. In order to make other 'parties' count, one would need to rework the entire system. It is not feasible. The delegate and superdelegate system doesn't allow that kind of thing. Plus, the third parties never get enough votes to even make it into a primary of any sort, so actually, just an extreme minority supports them. It's good to use your right to vote, but it's essentially wasting your vote to vote for a third party. Don't like it? Go into politics and do something about it. Don't go blaming other voters for something that sounds like a personal problem.
edit on 26-7-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Don't pass the blame onto the enlightened voters, instead why don't you direct that at the hopelessly clueless portion of the over 146 million registered U.S. voters. Which I'd estimate at 100 million plus. That's why third party never has a chance in hell.
2/3 rds of the voters are most likely completely unaware of any parties beyond the big 2. Now how are you going to get 100 million voters convinced to vote for a third party when many have never heard of it before or won't even entertain the idea of voting for them once they've been made aware because they're not taken seriously since they're not the big 2?
edit on 26-7-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You have no concept of what I stand for then. I don't stand for any particular third party candidate. Yeah a lot of them are nutters, but is no worse than the slavers you're supporting.

You did not specify, so it doesn't matter to me what you stand for, but I haven't seen a third-party yet that I would support. Nor do I agree with your assessment of the situation. You said I was a "quitter" because I would not stand with you. I don't agree with you, but you are quite correct that I will NEVER stand with you. And now that you admit to standing for any old third party that comes along just to "break the monopoly" we know you don't really care what third party it is or what they stand for as long as it's a third party. Now that's true dedication to your ideals.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If your against the two party system, wouldn't the logical step be to vote for the Libertarian party?

Seems like they have a good chance to get their 5 percent this election... which would obviously make them an official '3rd party'.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Gary Johnson or Jill Stein... I'll let you pick and we can boost each other.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

A symbolic vote is the only one which can possibly be justified, given the unelectability of either of these entirely monstrous feinds.

Unless of course ones intention is to buy into the hegemony.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You have to start somewhere. This is my attempt to work within the system. What the country really needs is a full blown revolution. Actually it's what the world needs, not just this country. Even our forefathers knew such would be required one day, they as much as said so.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

You can request a paper ballot in all 50 states.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join