It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Charges Dropped Against Activists Behind Undercover Planned Parenthood Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The case against those pro life people who made some of the anti-planned parenthood videos has been dropped.

Two people were indicted by a grand jury, but today a county district attorneys office in Texas cancelled the charges.

WoW

Many people thought this case in particular was a lock cinch.

All Charges Dropped Against Activists Behind Undercover Planned Parenthood Videos

All charges have been dismissed against the pro-life activists indicted in Texas for their involvement in the making of undercover videos about Planned Parenthood.

The Houston Chronicle reports the Harris County District Attorney’s Office has dismissed all charges against the two activist filmmakers, David Daleiden, 27, and Sandra Merritt, 63. As LawNewz.com reported in January, a grand jury empaneled to investigate misconduct by officials at Planned Parenthood instead decided to flip the script, returning indictments against Daleiden and Merritt. Both were charged with second degree felony tampering with a governmental record for allegedly using fake identification cards to hide their real identities when making the videos. Daleiden was also charged with a misdemeanor for allegedly attempting to purchase human organs.

edit on Jul-26-2016 by xuenchen because: nomail

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yah, best just to drop it, after all.

Lifts corner of rug...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now, are planned parenthood ceo's and baby parts salesmen going to be charged with selling organs at a profit?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/26.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Yah, best just to drop it, after all.

Lifts corner of rug...

"This one is full! Inform the tax payers we will need to get another one"

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Now, are planned parenthood ceo's and baby parts salesmen going to be charged with selling organs at a profit?

Cheers - Dave

Seeing how they weren't doing that no they won't be charged. It's no shock that Texas would let antiabortionist walk free.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

No, because they didn't.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Honest question, dosent the article say that both will still have charges brought against them, just different ones?

I might have read that wrong.
edit on 26-7-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It's no shock that Texas would let antiabortionist walk free.

I am pretty sure the term is pro-life not anti-abortionist. I am sure that pro-choice people don't want to be stigmatized with anti-life as their position.
edit on 2016/7/26 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Shhh, how can they go back to business as usual if people keep bringing it up?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: buster2010

It's no shock that Texas would let antiabortionist walk free.

I am pretty sure the term is pro-life not anti-abortionist. I am sure that pro-choice people don't want to be stigmatized with anti-life as their position.

Their rhetoric would leave me to describe many of them as anti-life.

Some of the excuses and foul rhetoric I heard in the PP threads made me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Honest question, dosent the article say that both will still have charges brought against them, just different ones?

Not seeing it.

What part do you think says that?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Had to drop it or have it broadcasted ...with the obvious false logic that the video makers were un-American....

I gotta tell ya,it's that old saying we heard our dads and their friends parrot.....can't fool all of the....all the time....

edit on 26-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Not seeing it.

returning indictments part, does that mean there charges where droped or changed, thats the part where my poor understanding of english lets me wonder.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Not seeing it.

returning indictments part, does that mean there charges where droped or changed, thats the part where my poor understanding of english lets me wonder.

The charges originally came from the indictments.

Then dropped later by the States Attorney.

"Returning" in this context means "charges were returned by the grand jury"

I see now the word 'returning' could be interpreted as "coming back" like a verb.

But that's not the original meaning in this case, it's a "noun" in context from the grand jury.

as a "verb" ... or "noun"

re·turn
rəˈtərn/
verb
verb: return; 3rd person present: returns; past tense: returned; past participle: returned; gerund or present participle: returning

come or go back to a place or person.
"he returned to Canada in the fall"
synonyms: go back, come back, come home
"he returned to Halifax"
antonyms: depart
go back to (a particular state or activity).
"Ollie had returned to full health"
turn one's attention back to (something).
"he returned to his newspaper"
(especially of a feeling) come back or recur after a period of absence.
"her appetite had returned"
synonyms: recur, reoccur, occur again, repeat (itself); More
reappear, appear again
"the symptoms returned"
antonyms: disappear
give, put, or send (something) back to a place or person.
"complete the application form and return it to this address"
synonyms: give back, hand back;

noun
noun: return; plural noun: returns; noun: carriage return; plural noun: carriage returns

an act of coming or going back to a place or activity.
"he celebrated his safe return from the war"
synonyms: homecoming
"his return to Oregon"
antonyms: departure
an act of going back to an earlier state or condition.
"the designer advocated a return to elegance"
synonyms: recurrence, reoccurrence, repeat, repetition, reappearance, revival, resurrection, reemergence, resurgence, renaissance
"the return of hard times"
antonyms: disappearance
the action of giving, sending, or putting something back.
"we demand the return of our books and papers"
synonyms: giving back, handing back, replacement, restoration, reinstatement, restitution
"I requested the return of my books"
Football
a play in which the ball is caught after a kick or pass interception and is advanced by running; an advance of this kind.
(in tennis and other sports) a stroke played in response to a serve or other stroke by one's opponent.
a thing that has been given or sent back, especially an unwanted ticket for a sports event or play.
British
a ticket that allows someone to travel to a place and back again; a round trip ticket.
noun: return ticket; plural noun: return tickets
an electrical conductor bringing a current back to its source.
a second contest between the same opponents.
noun: return game; plural noun: return games
a profit from an investment.
"product areas are being developed to produce maximum returns"
synonyms: yield, profit, gain, revenue, interest, dividend
"a quick return on investments"

edit on Jul-26-2016 by xuenchen because: .........

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I heard the Democrats new rallying cry is MOLOCK! MOLOCK! MOLOCK!
Sorry but nothing is more disgusting than extinguishing life....especially a newly formed life

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The charges were dropped in June because of technical flaws in the way the misdemeanor indictment was worded.

The charges were dropped yesterday on the felony indictment for the same reason.

It is a known and documented fact that Daleiden and his accomplice did attempt to purchase human body parts, and they did use fake IDs to do so. Their own heavily-edited videos clearly demonstrate this fact.

Planned Parenthood was investigated in 11 states AND WAS EXONERATED on the bogus charges of selling fetal tissue and associated nonsense.

Bloomberg

top topics

join