It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Priest killed by Islamic terrorists during morning mass

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk... 21.html

www.mirror.co.uk...

EDIT: As I have said in my next post, after doing a keyword search, ATS did not return anything that looked like this topic so I posted it. Only after it sent me back to the forum landing page did I find this event. I have reported the thread to the mods so they can do what they deem best, however I will keep this post up just in case. I feel like the original thread is not going to get much visibility due to it's (now) outdated headline.

Welp, seems we can't go a day without hearing of another Muslim terrorist attack in Europe. Tuesday morning, local time in Normandy, France, 2 Islamic terrorists (one of whom had terrorism related convictions and was under electronic monitoring) burst into a Church during morning mass and took several people hostage while shouting "Allahu Akbar". A nun managed to escape and alert authorities, but the 2 men managed to take several people hostage. In the end, while one of the terrorists filmed, the other forced Father Jacques Hamel to his knees and cut his throat at the altar after performing some sort of "Arabic Sermon". Another person was also severely injured and is currently fighting for their life. After nearly beheading the priest (from what I've read, they did not technically behead him, but got through almost his entire neck) the 2 men stormed out of the church and were shot dead by police. A third suspect has been detained who appears to be a minor (17 years old)

When is the West going to wake up?

At this point, I don't even know what else to say that I haven't said what seems like a thousand times before. Muslims are now butchering Europeans on the daily, and the "leadership" in charge is doing nothing but importing more of the same. I don't care that out of the million Muslims that have come into Germany "only x amount are terrorists" - people (Europeans) are going to continue to die as long as refugees and "migrants" from countries where practices like storming churches and murdering priests are common place and tolerated, are allowed entry. I know it keeps being said, but more attacks like this are only going to cause more violence in turn. Europeans are GOING to turn on Muslims eventually, and no doubt after Muslims die from these attacks, it will create more radical Muslims who will in turn attack more Europeans and a vicious self-perpetuating cycle will result. European officials who are burying their heads in the sand shouting "there is no problem" are only going to exasperate the issue. The longer they refuse to take action against Muslim terrorists for fear of being labelled "Islamaphobic" the worse that self perpetuating cycle is going to be when the final straw is drawn.
edit on 26-7-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ok, so I actually just saw the post that is here. Mods, please delete thread if you feel it needs to be. I promise I did a search before making this typing key words such as "priest killed france" "normandy church priest" etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Welp, seems we can't go a day without hearing of another Muslim terrorist attack in Europe.

Or hearing about each one three times before noon.

Edit: I see you noticed. To search ATS for a thread you have to hit pretty much on the exact title, to search for key words use browser like google beginning with above top secret, _____________.
edit on 26-7-2016 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Already posted like 4 times in this section alone today.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

When is the West going to wake up?

So the west should invade France to stop the terrorism? What's your solution? These nations need to put on their big boy pants and start to solve their own problems.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The best way is to search the New Topics page first, then try a search. You tried. Sometimes it happens. S&Fed anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
We are dealing with this problem the wrong way, Instead of having "A war on terrorism" We should have " A war on liberals"

Once the leaf eating liberals are out of the way the rest will soon take care of itself....

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

I eat nothing but animal corpse, but I suppose you could call me a liberal. I am for no monitoring of the Internet without specific warrants for specific data, I am for freedom, privacy, liberty and the right of people to govern themselves, not be governed. I would also do horrific things to xenophobes if presented with a decent batch of them. I also support LGBT rights, and the notion that national security must always be the job of the people, not the state exclusively.

Further to that, I also believe that if you want all the lefty liberals out of the way, you would find it much harder than you think. Oh, and by the way, without people like us, you would be living under Hitlers vision of this period in history, so unless you like the taste of shiny boot leather and your own colon, I think you probably have an awful lot to thank us, lefties and liberals, and our grandparents for. My ancestors were amongst many who literally saved the world, and they taught me how to assimilate data and process it, to come up with my own world view. I admire their courage, dedication, and the balls they showed while protecting my future from the forces of darkness, tyranny and oppression. They did not make war on their fellow man, just so some jumped up right wing wannabe could brush us all aside.

Go ahead...poke the bear. I double dare you.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The other thread title makes no mention of islamic, terrorist or killed.

Keep this one up.

People deserve to know hat really happened.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Im settling with my war POLITICAL CORRECTNESS,only.
THERE must be a balance to the middle.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So it's the far right thats shipping all the islamist into europe, Got it

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Given that the CIA and other intelligence agencies in the west are responsible for the creation of IS, not to mention every other major terrorist outfit of recent decades, as proxy pawns against unhelpful regimes, yes, I would say the right wing corporate/government binary fascism is mostly responsible for this clusterbang.

I would also say that if you think removing lefties is going to help win the war, you obviously do not know what a liberal is, otherwise you would understand that it was the left that won the Second World War. We fought an endurance game for ages before the Americans turned up, and most of the lads who went to fight from Britain were labouring folk, working men, not capitalist swine with hearts of lead.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I eat nothing but animal corpse, but I suppose you could call me a liberal. I am for no monitoring of the Internet without specific warrants for specific data, I am for freedom, privacy, liberty and the right of people to govern themselves, not be governed. I would also do horrific things to xenophobes if presented with a decent batch of them. I also support LGBT rights, and the notion that national security must always be the job of the people, not the state exclusively.

Further to that, I also believe that if you want all the lefty liberals out of the way, you would find it much harder than you think. Oh, and by the way, without people like us, you would be living under Hitlers vision of this period in history, so unless you like the taste of shiny boot leather and your own colon, I think you probably have an awful lot to thank us, lefties and liberals, and our grandparents for. My ancestors were amongst many who literally saved the world, and they taught me how to assimilate data and process it, to come up with my own world view. I admire their courage, dedication, and the balls they showed while protecting my future from the forces of darkness, tyranny and oppression. They did not make war on their fellow man, just so some jumped up right wing wannabe could brush us all aside.

Go ahead...poke the bear. I double dare you.

While I sort of respect your sentiment, I just hope you are equally as indifferent to the killings of Muslims when it reaches that tipping point as you are to the current slaughter of Europeans. Right now, Europeans are being butchered left and right, and you are worried about individual rights. Fine, there is nothing wrong with that. But something tells me that if Muslims start getting killed in the same fashion as they are killing, you won't be so open minded. Time will tell if you are as big a hypocrite as I think you likely are.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Im just glad the french authorities shot the bastards dead.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I should hardly have to point out the stupidity of your statement, given that drone strikes and bombing raids kill more innocent civilians every week than have died in Europe, in total, from all the attacks to date. Furthermore, all of those bombing runs created more terrorists than they killed, because they killed way more collateral, non combatant targets, than they did terrorists. Every orphan created in IS territory is taken up and indoctrinated. Every person who lost a young son or daughter, every person who lost a mother, father, uncle aunt, an innocent one at that, is made ten times more likely to join up with IS, even if they do not agree with their dogma, through the understandable need to seek some sort of recompense against the origin of these "surgical strikes" which are anything but.

The same thing happened after the 9/11 attacks, did it not? Massive surge in US armed forces recruitment? Yeah, that's what I thought.

And for the record, if ones individual rights are eroded even slightly to account for their behaviour, terrorism wins. We have to be prepared to die to maintain our freedom and liberty, and that I simply accept, because I understand that such boons come with a price, and it is one I will gladly pay if my time comes to do so. This is the only way to defeat terror, refuse to be afraid, regardless of what threat presents itself. Perhaps some have not the stomach for it? Perhaps they should stay at home, while people who understand the value of their rights continue about their business, and take the risk associated therein?
edit on 26-7-2016 by TrueBrit because: Added clarification

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I love how the lefties convince themselves of all sorts of nonsense,

it was the left that won the Second World War

You must have forgot the part where Churchill (the conservative) was prime minister, So the UK was certainly feeling right wing at the time to vote him in. Not to mention the fact that fighting and dying for your country is a probably the single most nationalist thing a person can do.

You forgot to mention the russians when you mentioned the war in your second paragraph, Cant blame you, our rothschild influenced history books always seem to forget them as well.... Since it was actually the Russians that gave the greatest sacrifice in WW2 why didnt you reference them as a prime example of far right vs far left???

Oh yea, Thats right, Communism......

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I should hardly have to point out the stupidity of your statement, given that drone strikes and bombing raids kill more innocent civilians every week than have died in Europe, in total, from all the attacks to date.

The stupidity of MY statement? Says the jackass that thinks because Western governments have bombed the ME that European civilians are fair game for Islamic terrorists. I wonder what the 10 children run over by the Muslim terrorists in Nice thought about France's involvement in the ME . . . . .

Furthermore, all of those bombing runs created more terrorists than they killed, because they killed way more collateral, non combatant targets, than they did terrorists. Every orphan created in IS territory is taken up and indoctrinated. Every person who lost a young son or daughter, every person who lost a mother, father, uncle aunt, an innocent one at that, is made ten times more likely to join up with IS, even if they do not agree with their dogma, through the understandable need to seek some sort of recompense against the origin of these "surgical strikes" which are anything but.

Again, not sure what any of this has to do with Muslim terrorists murdering (and nearly decapitating) an 86 year old Catholic Priest inside of his own #ing Church in front of an image of his god.

And for the record, if ones individual rights are eroded even slightly to account for their behaviour, terrorism wins.

Not if the limit of erosion is stopped at the rights of the people most likely to commit these crimes. This is where bull# Political correctness comes into play. People like you would be up in arms if there was general surveillance of Mosques, but not on Churches or Synagouges (forget the fact that when it comes to religious terrorism, Islam is responsible for more than 9/10ths of it in the West). Political correctness is partly responsible for the San Bernadino massacre here in California.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Show me where I stated that I am just fine with children being murdered, or with fundamentalist terror groups, or retract your slander at once.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Oh, and while we are about it, if you fail to see that there is a direct connection between the creation of terror groups, both as proxies AND as a direct, predictable outcome of foreign policy stupidity which continues to this day, then you may need to get yourself a clue sir. Ignorance like that is hardly going to avail you of much.

And as for my issue with surveillance, I would protest most strongly at ANY surveillance ANYWHERE without a specific, named target, and a warrant. I believe in liberty. Some only give it lip service.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Churchill did not do the fighting.

Lads from towns and cities all over the UK did. And for the record, our lads were more effective per man than the Russians were. They used their numbers in horrific fashion, and many died bravely. But we got more done with less, pound for pound, than they did. Thats not to do them down at all. Many of them were sent to war without rifles, had to wait for a comrade to die and take up his weapon. Awful business.

But with that well in mind, it was the left that won the war. The communists took crap tons of territory, and the British who were actually spending their lives in service to freedom were mostly working lads, as I previously stated. Without those red blooded union men, there would have been precious little fight in the British military of the time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join