It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China rolled out a new, giant amphibious aircraft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If you look at Honolulu International on Google Earth, you can see the old sea plane runways and taxiways by Keehi Lagoon where they cut them out of the reef.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

pretty cool.

I always thought that those sea planes were great for island hopping.

runway, no runway, who cares. I'm landing it wherever I want.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

There are a few that do, but they're the smaller Caravans with pontoons, or that size.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: etherUFOs
Flying boats are freakin' cool. In the early days of civil aviation when economy class didn't exist they were was luxurious as the Hindenburg and Graf Zeppelin.

Can you imagine the luxury of sitting in a large leather armchair with a G&R, brand or whisky, cigar in a wooden paneled room, some greenery, a ceiling fan with just a couple of gentlemen like an old school smoking room in a men's club! That's what that reminds me of, ah the wonders of aviation, 200 people crammed in a cabin!

I think that's why I like the idea of a large airship, bar the smoking and stuff, you could have cabins and rooms like this, in Aus there are these trains that go say from Adelaide to Perth, 4 times the price of an air fair and probably 6 time longer but with old school luxury, they still run full every journey!

Sometimes it's about the journey not the destination (or both).
edit on 27 7 2016 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I had an uncle, he passed away years ago, that would say, "There is nothing like having a 'Whiskey' at 30,000 feet".

lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join