It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peak Irony: Mexico Wants To Build The Wall To Stop Illegal Immigration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I am intolerant of fascists, if that is what you mean.

I am not one myself, although hate preachers, xenophobes, homophobes and anti-Semites would generally prefer to be able to get away with calling me such a thing. Luckily, they can't, because the only people I have a problem with, are those who have fascist tendencies toward others. I am the absolute opposite of a fascist. Fascist groups are my enemy, and the enemy of all free people of sound moral judgement.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Tempter

I am intolerant of fascists, if that is what you mean.

I am not one myself, although hate preachers, xenophobes, homophobes and anti-Semites would generally prefer to be able to get away with calling me such a thing. Luckily, they can't, because the only people I have a problem with, are those who have fascist tendencies toward others. I am the absolute opposite of a fascist. Fascist groups are my enemy, and the enemy of all free people of sound moral judgement.

Yes, but people who are absolutely intolerant of a thing can indeed become exactly what they say they will not.

Not to mention, you are talking about people of sound moral judgment ... well aren't you getting into the realm, between sound moral judgment and being intolerant, of shoving your morality down the throats of others? When does that become acceptable? When you decide that your morality is the correct morality?

Who made you arbiter of morality?

Just to point out arguments that get made when someone bases their position on moral grounds.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
ATS used to be a place where a thread title like this wouldn't be allowed to stand

the misleading title should be changed

<< 2  3  4   >>

join