It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houthi Rebels Invade Saudi Arabia, Launch Ballistic Missile In Counter-Offensive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I guess you could say what goes around comes around. I doubt Saudi Arabia and its' allies ever thought for one minute their invasion of Yemen would meet with such resistance . Military mentality is still trapped in the early 20th century IMO . One determined individual if supplied with the correct weapons can cause great harm and mayhem; just look at some of the reports out of Europe.

Saudi has within their own borders people who would like nothing better than to see the Monarchy gone according to several sources.

The Royals would be replaced with something probably every bit as bad for its' people, unfortunately, IMO.

While the war in Syria continues to rage and the world’s focus oscillates between American elections, terror attacks in Europe, and a failed Turkish coup (which no one really understands), a scrappy band of rebels in Yemen has not only withstood an onslaught from the Saudi-led coalition, they have managed to launch a counteract that amounts to an invasion of Saudi Arabia.

Now, in July, 2016, Houthi forces are launching ballistic missiles into Saudi Arabia. According to reports coming from Al-Masdar, Houthis launched a Tochka ballistic missile toward the Ahad al-Masarihah Military camp, resulting in a heavy death toll of Saudi soldiers as well the destruction of several armored vehicles.

The Article goes on to say the coalition is on the verge of being expelled from central Yemen.
www.activistpost.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Uh , yeah.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Should we feel bad for the House of Saud?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Absolutely not! In fact, it save us the trouble of doing it ourselves....

One has to wonder where those people got ballistic missiles? Can there be much doubt it would be Iran/Russia?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's a good thing neither Saudi Arabia
or Israel have any nukes.
I wonder do nukes work as well if they do not
officially exist ?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 26-7-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: dbl

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good news for Yemen. Get some...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I guess if you really need to make a point to your neighbour then guns and bombs are the language they speak over there. Just seen this earlier before I spotted your thread and am dropping it off .
this just poped up 6 min ago as well

edit on 26-7-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This doesn't come as a surprise, there was a reason behind the generous proposal to get Putin on board for their goal.
Their proxy army in Syria is almost destroyed, Jemen turned out to be stronger than expected with Iran behind them.
Back in 2013 Saudi Arabia felt that they were quite a powerful force, even threatening Russia with attacks in Sochi if he didn't drop Assad.
It has all the signs of karma, their actions are going to backfire and in the meantime Putin is going to play around with a Saudi ally, Turkey, while he finishes what he started to do in Syria last year.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good. Turn the House of Saud to ash.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A reply to all who have never been to Saudi Arabia... Really nice school book from a 14 year old who reads behead all Christens until there are no more.
youtu.be...

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Oh great.

Get ready for $5 per gallon of oil again if Saudi Arabia gets overthrown.

This is all around bad news for everyone.

And I hope it doesn't happen. But the USA might be in Yemen soon.
edit on 26-7-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This attack by Saudi reminds me of the WWII attack on Ethiopia by Mussolini and his terrible Italian Army who couldn’t fight there way out of a paper bag.

Saudi Arabia thought they were going to have an easy time with the desert dwelling Shias but it looks like the pampered Saudis are getting a butt kicking.

I wonder what will happen if and when ISIS is kicked out of Syria they go and attack Saudi

be interesting

edit on 26-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
KARMA!
Qatar next…?
It amazing how many of the Arab countries and Turkey are coming under intense strains after their f____ up war on Syria has backfired.

Also NATO and the US are getting their KARMA with Brexit, their ISIS puppets coming back to haunt them and the possible election of Trump to humiliate the idiot Obama who let all of this happen under Hillary ROTTEN Clinton

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The houthis are fantastic fighters, i used to follow them a lot over on liveleak, In every battle between them and the Saudis, The Saudis got their asses handed to them, I have no idea where the got a ballistic missile from but generally the Houthis are poorly equipped, Some of them don't even have shoes on their feet, But still manage to obliterate the saudis every time.
The Saudis use modern US equipment but are extremely poorly trained, You can have the best gear in the world but if you don't know how to use it you're no better than a sitting duck....

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Maybe the whole entire ME (Mid, not Mandala!) should have one big proxy war/steel cage death match for control of the region! World wide revenue will be split with the winner the losers get their choice of martyrdom and the rest of world has only one enemy to face. Then we string up Soros, take his money, and remigrate everybody back to the New ME.

No more oil spikes, no more gang rapes, no more "lone wolf" (OK so he is a Muslim but he was not an extremist! Just confused) attacks, and 'Merica can go back to watching football and basketball players pound the crap out of each other for entertainment's sake!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

One has to wonder where those people got ballistic missiles? Can there be much doubt it would be Iran/Russia?

Iran has been backing the forces who overthrew Yemen for a while. It was only a matter of time before they moved on Saudi Arabia.

I suppose it helps now that by treaty we are helping to fund those forces too.
edit on 26-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Well lots of this is exaggeration. If you listen to the claims by the Houthi at this point the entire Saudi Navy has been sunk, its air force shot down and half of Saudi Arabia occupied. The reality is much different. Things have not gone well for the Houthi. They have had minor successes here and their but, the over all trend is they are losing.

They go for PR attacks to raise morale such as this one. They used a BM-27 Uragan, its an old Soviet MRL. They are mostly used for laying mine fields but can be used to launch missile attacks if you have nothing better. It is hard to hit anything but, if you get close you can cause some damage.

The Houthi have been launching the occasional rocket or mortar attack from the Hajja providence. Along with attacks on border patrol stations. As the Saudi side is lightly populated doing anything about this was a lower priority, until now. As things have been getting better on the ground in Yemen so loyalist forces have moved into Hajja taking the city center of its capital Harad. Soon the Houthi will lose the ability to raid the Saudi border.

The biggest Houthi victory has been holding out in their capital Sanaa. They managed to hold out against loyalist offensives and air strikes for this long but, a second front has now been opened against Sanaa and once they launch an attack from both sides Sanaa will fall. This attack is being held up until after the Peace talks in Kuwait as a way to avoid having to take the city by force and instead it be surrendered in a peace deal. Talks have been extended for another week as progress has been made.

Either way without Sanaa it is pretty much over for the Houthis.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Thanks for the data.

edit on 26-7-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join