It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living proof of change in species or evolution : An underwater breathing cricket

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Yeah but nah
I am just smart enough to see how stupid the claim was
You wait and see, I can already tell, it's a pilot down man, don't need a brain or a myriad of bones to see that

10 flags based on a lie, lots of snake oil being sold here
Bet you flagged it

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I can't accept the gills claim until i see real evidence first.
I have found quite a good link here. Not too long. Please read.
It explains how crickets breathe. Which doesn't really help the gills believers.
But. insists that crickets drown easily. Which then, goes against the video.
Also. Crickets hear the same as dolphins.
In MY conclusion. Crickets are the missing link of the dolphin world

See what you make of it. As, it goes against both for and against.
cricket-breeding.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yeah but nah
You wait and see, I can already tell, it's a pilot down man, don't need a brain or a myriad of bones to see that

Bet you flagged it

I did not star or flag the post. It's funny how you have already made up your mind on this before any research has been shown, but if somebody made a post about proving ID despite offering no said proof you would star it immediately before even reading it. Your game is old. It's 2016, if you can't handle these kind of conversations and have to resort to rhetoric from decades ago, you probably shouldn't respond. You don't know that any of this is a lie you just state it blindly without doing any research at all.
edit on 7 29 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

10 flags based on a lie, lots of snake oil being sold here Bet you flagged it

That ain't nothing.. You wanna see a bunch of flags based on lies, click just about any thread made by creationist. It's actually quite disturbing creationist have managed pull the wool on so many people.
The good news is that more and more people are catching on to the deception and are abandoning the cult all together.
You guys need better apologetics, it's getting harder to fool people.
My advice.. Keep up or face extinction!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Could it be related to this species?

Isolation in the caves has made the swimming cricket an apex predator. A swimming cricket was one of three possible "new species" filmed by a TV crew working in South America. The "unbelievable" insect find was captured on camera along with a no-eyed harvestman and a cave catfish.

The trio were found in a cave system of a remote Venezuelan tepui, a type of table-top mountain in the region. The three creatures have not been formally described but members of the team believe that they are new species.

"We've only named about a million species of insects and there are almost certainly five to eight million undescribed," said biologist and presenter, Dr George McGavin.

The filming was part of a new BBC/Discovery Channel/Terra Mater TV co-production called The Dark: Nature's Nighttime World.

"[It's] the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen," Dr McGavin, told BBC Nature."It swims underwater and uses its front legs as a proper breaststroke and its hind legs kicking out. It was just amazing," he said.

It doesn't mention anything about them breathing under water, but that is pretty incredible. The ones in the OP don't look like swimmers, but this one is just as good an example of evolution in action.

edit on 7 29 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Yeah but nah

Bet you flagged it

I did not star or flag the post. It's funny how you have already made up your mind on this before any research has been shown, but if somebody made a post about proving ID despite offering no said proof you would star it immediately before even reading it. Your game is old. It's 2016, if you can't handle these kind of conversations and have to resort to rhetoric from decades ago, you probably shouldn't respond. You don't know that any of this is a lie you just state it blindly without doing any research at all.

Shiver me timbers
It's a piltdown man, a con and that's obvious to anyone with a brain, sorry
I am more than happy to handle a conversation, more than happy to point out the obvious

edit on 29-7-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

I like answers to questions, the questions seem to go begging around here
I don't think you know science, I don't think you would know it if it invaded your country, you need to understand that science is not a religion.
Believing an op about crickets with gills is confirmation bias, I don't need confirmation bias

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a cricket that has evolved into a

Evolved into a cricket
edit on 29-7-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a cricket that has evolved into a

Evolved into a cricket

Actually, it's a new species of cricket that changed slightly to adapt to a different environment. Textbook speciation with noticeable distinguishing traits from the previous cave cricket species.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So you just outlined a fancy way to say it's a cricket that has evolved into a cricket
You just added more words to say the exact same thing
A cricket that evolved into a cricket

Let's all praise science

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So you just outlined a fancy way to say it's a cricket that has evolved into a cricket
You just added more words to say the exact same thing
A cricket that evolved into a cricket

Has anyone suggested that evolution works any differently? Small changes accumulate over time. It's not that complicated.

You'd get a lot out of this video if you actually pay attention to what he says.
edit on 7 31 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Oh, did I get it wrong then, it's not a cricket evolving into a cricket?
It must be a cricket evolving into a mouse or some such
It's not a cricket evolving into not a cricket, some complete different insect altogether, sure looks like a cricket

An I missing something
It has to be one of those three statements above doesn't it

Can you show me scientific evidence, you know, evidence lacking assumption, the empirical type of evidence that science relies on, not silly videos irrelevant to empirical evidence based on your faith
I could put up a Benny hinn video and say watch that, lots of people believe him, it must be true, but even I don't believe that nonsense, wouldn't want to assault you with that drivel

I don't want to forego my religion for yours without some foundation. Your evangelizing hasn't won me over yet Barcs

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You don't have to believe it, but he gives more than one example of a species that has experienced small changes to adapt to a certain niche and explains it very well. It's not about X "evolves into" Y. It's about small beneficial adaptive changes accumulating over time. Species and genus are just human labels. They are irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

You don't have to believe it, but he gives more than one example of a species that has experienced small changes to adapt to a certain niche and explains it very well. It's not about X "evolves into" Y. It's about small beneficial adaptive changes accumulating over time. Species and genus are just human labels. They are irrelevant.

So does that mean the cricket has gills
Come on, we both know the "puported" difference between Micro and Macro, if you believe it or not we know the difference

I dont deny small change, you know that, well should

Dont make up arguments.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
a reply to: VegHead

Macro and Micro-evolution are the same thing. Macro-evolution is just a term for the cumulative effect of lots of micro-evolution.

The equivalent of saying a swimming pool of water is the cumulative effect of lots of buckets of water.

Actually, I think micro and macro evolution can be distinguished by speciation. Dogs descended from wolves are examples of micro evolution. Horses and donkeys can't produce fertile offspring, find their ancestor and you have an example of macro evolution.

Perhaps there is an island chain somewhere where we have subspecies A,B, and C; where B can produce fertile offspring with A and C, but A and C only produce sterile offspring with each other. This would be strong evidence for macro evolution. Perhaps this type of thing has been observed breeding fruit flies in a lab?

Macro-evolution is distinguishable from micro-evolution, and may be practically confirmable.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Actually watching this thing walk around underwater reminded me of a lobster or shrimp.

That's why I get grossed out when people eat them - they look like sea-roaches!

Well, they do call crayfish, "mud bugs".

I won't eat a cricket tho, unless it's spiced and roasted.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Oh look more and more evidence of evolution.
Your world view is crashing around you.
But you could bleat about atheists that should make you feel better.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I used to love crab but seeing they are related to spiders....It put me off

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Oh look more and more evidence of evolution.
Your world view is crashing around you.
But you could bleat about atheists that should make you feel better.

Oh look you have come to the alter with your scientific empirical evidence, what, wait, where

None, not a drop, hearsay at best
Don't talk, show the evidence

I will bleat about religious atheists who pretend they have evidence

Cricket with gills, yeah right

13 flags and it has no proof, talk about brainwashed

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Maybe the flags it's got are for bringing an interesting subject to the table.
I too have a hard time with the gills. The way crickets breathe normally would take massive changes to convert itself to a gill filter breathing insect. Not tiny changes.
Or. These tiny changes have all made up the gill conversion. And, it is now time to try it out.
I want to see more about it.
I find it very interesting.
That's why i flagged it.
Respect. Ya know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join