It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure whats up near my town, Germany

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Dr shot dead in a University hospital in Berlin apparently.....let me find a link....

news.sky.com...

CX.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CX
Berlin is 600+km away from here so it was not related but thumbs up for the information

CX

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

CX.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The black eurocopter flew back. It had a black round sphere on top, I think it´s the radar.
I know that might sound lame but I ran out as soon as I heard the sound, started up the camera app while opening the back door but until the phone readjusted to the bright light outside and gave me to "shoot" button it was all to late behind the treetops.

Dang. Was around 100m high, judging by the church tower that is ~45m.
Also. Longest sentence ever..
edit on 26-7-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Eurocopter as in EC665 Tiger? In all black?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX
Dr shot dead in a University hospital in Berlin apparently.....let me find a link....

news.sky.com...

CX.

That's not a terror incident though. The killer, a patient, then shot himself.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I would be pretty freaked out. I cannot imagine living in a European country at the moment.

Once in Denver(major metro area) i had just come out of a shop and was standing on the sidewalk, and all the sudden all you could hear was sirens from every direction. As i stood there i literally watched at least two dozens cop cars zoom past me in just a couple minutes on a single on lane road going as fast as they possibly could. They were literally swerving around cars driving in the median and the oncoming lanes all at once.

As i fnally drove out of there i saw several blocks of neighborhoods completely blocked off with police units on all sides. I saw on the news later it was an officer shot just about a quarter mile down from where I was standing.

I saw on the news later that an officer had been shot and so they were all responding to that call. It was intense.

I've also seen the house directly across from mine get the swat team pop in after dark. I cant even imagine being on the recieving end of that one.
edit on 26-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

I think, or maybe a very dark grey. I saw it from the back, would be 5 to 6 o clock from their view.
I ran out to take the photo, when I went through the door searching for it, I noticed to round orb above the blades and the arms sticking out. I´m familar to this pictures. When I did fire detection in the airbase in Laupheim in the new Hangar for the Eurocopters I saw them coming in and taking off very often when I went through the big hangar doors to have a smoke.

I don´t know if there are different version though. I know them simply as a "Eurocopter" ;-)
I even had to google EC665 Tiger to know what you mean and if it´s the same. Pretty sure it was a Eurocopter. At least it looked like one. One thing that sticked out was that it had no ski underneath. The normal police / ADAC / news ones flying so low that you can make it out, normally have ski under them in my experience.
edit on 27-7-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype
If you would know my region, you would not freak out. It´s all rural with small towns. Nothing like Denver or such.
But I live nearby a street that serves as a redirection route for the autobahn (if there´s a crash..autobahn is 25km away) It´s also the next best connection to bavaria.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I don´t know if there are different version though. I know them simply as a "Eurocopter"

Yup there are different types. Eurocopter is just the manufacturer name (changed to Airbus Helicopters nowadays).
If it really was a EC665-UHT-"Tiger" then what you said looked like a sphere would be it's optical visor - and would have been an indicator of what they were up to.
Any news on that?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious
Oh it was a while since I was down there at Laupheim, maybe 2004/5?
After they flew back towards Crailsheim / Ansbach (that´s where the next bases are), they did not come back.
I´ve searched the newspapers and asked local people but no one knows anything. I´m pretty sure now that it was a coincidence with the heli and the sirens.

BTW, I only saw one coming back, the other two (unidentified) helicopters either flew back another route or very high so that I could not hear them inside the house.

I´m also not aware of any similar looking helicopters, at least I never saw one with arms for tools / weapons in Germany. So my first thought was -> eurocopter.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Seems like its connected with some sort of exercise, it´s been awhile since I saw jets. Today has been a bit bussy. Back in the 90s and earlier 2000 they excercised yearly with jets and even tanks rolling up the mainstreet, making the glases in the closet ring.

Back then they would blast across the sky maybe with 20 second delay, two or three jets always, coming from the same direction. I always thought they were going hypersonic but I learned here on ATS our windows would be broke then. Because they were so low you could make out parts underneath the wing.

We also had A-10s in green flying around, saw one descending with a engine fire once. Zahpod was very helpful finding out more about this incident. But that was 1994 or so.
edit on 29-7-2016 by verschickter because: spelling / vocabulary

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It's a mast mounted sight. Optical and infrared cameras. The German Tiger is the only one that uses it. They hide behind terrain and stick that up so they can stay hidden in higher threat areas.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That sounds sneaky! Thinking of our terrain, that makes sense. Lots of forrests and except for the north, small hills and mountains, slopes everywhere. As always, you can provide interesting stuff

This is how it looks like but I just saw a black blob.
I was interested if it´s stationary or if it´s liftable but it seems stationary.

www.airteamimages.com...

However, there were sirens again, firefighters rushed out today:
www.24pr.de...
Sorry only german, a barn was burning / is currently burning.
Busy times, relative to what we are used here localy.
edit on 29-7-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It rotates around, 360 degrees.

www.army-technology.com...

It looks something like that, although usually the rotors are hidden too.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Had to smile, that looks really sneaky. I´d # my pants if I knew it was coming for me

I guess it doesn´t rotate as fast as the blades although and is controllable.

edit on 29-7-2016 by verschickter because: ...and is controllable.

I wonder how they solved the problem of the spinning blades rotating into view every x ms.
But then there is the "Strix" (mounted under the blades) I learned.
edit on 29-7-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It's steerable by the gunner to look around. They can even use a laser out of it to guide weapons so gunships can shoot without getting near the target, or they can use their own weapons.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Digging into "Strix" and "Osiris" currently

I wonder if there will be an upgrade for "the real laser", because rheinmetal...
But then I recognize the bad shape the fleet is in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join