It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Not sure whats up near my town, Germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:02 AM
Somethings going on at the border to bavaria, Germany. This was the third helicopter flying low towards south-south-east buzzing at low altitude over my house. At least the last one was a eurocopter, I´ve seen them up close when doing work at the base in Laupheim, so pretty sure it was one. Was sitting outside when they came in very low.

I would not have posted this if the police would not have gone all bonkers while leaving town. I´m living in sightline to the station. Its a small town I´m living in, with only two police officers. I´ve heard several other sirens coming up the road from Bavaria trespassing my town. They were all police as far as I could tell.

I´m not sure if some heard about the last bombing incident at the music festival in Ansbach, Bavaria, yet. It´s around 30km from my house :-/.
Looking at the map and where the last incidents happened, there is a blank space in between and thats where I live.
No relatives or friends harmed.

All I can say there might be some incident again! I´ve searched the internet and called a few people down the approximate line of sight if they know whats up. No one knows until now. I´m normally not the alarming type of person but I have a really bad feeling currently.

As I type the next sirens come down the road, this time ambulances.

It might probably be nothing but keep your eyes open. Also, fellow germans, stay safe!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:05 AM
a reply to: verschickter

Oh no. More terror? Keep us posted and stay safe.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:11 AM
Oh oh...

Maybe another "exercise" going on?
Then it could be possible that it "goes live" later...

Hoffen wir mal das es nicht so ist!
(Let´s hope it isn´t like this)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:12 AM

Maybe just traffic accident or something? Can't find anything.

A7 is east of you? Laupheim south ulm?

edit on 26-7-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:13 AM
Does seem that Bavaria has been seeing a rough patch over the past few weeks.
My prayers are with you and all those who have suffered from the barbaric attacks.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:14 AM
my best destination is Bavaria and its so sad to see what is happening to it lately, i wish nothing more happens

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:17 AM
Its silent now. Changing local radio channels to find something. If there was an accident and one of the helis was a yellow angel (rescue heli) chances are high its much more close to me than the other sites where rescue helis are aviable. this would be aalen, ansbach, dinkelsbühl, ellwangen.

Normally the bavarian helis stay on there side of the border. I´m trying to call up someone I know in the rescue center in aalen via mobile. Maybe he knows whats up.

Don´t panic. It was just a very very unusual situation and since the last incident was only 30km away. Who knows!

I´m can throw an apple down the hill into bavaria. There has been similar incidents with hand weapons in Ulm, Reutlingen(Stuttgart) and also Ellwangen and Aalen. Those towns are all in Baden-Württemberg It´s not only Bavaria, it´s all over south Germany currently with reports of touching girls and boys in public pools, attacking people with axes and knives, robbing local super markets etc.

But lets not jump the gun (like I did maybe by creating this thread too early)
edit on 26-7-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:33 AM

Stay safe please.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:34 AM
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I thought of that too but exercises normally involve the firefighters. Like I said, police station and firefighters (and some other public services) are right in the line of sight. Firedepartment is silent.
Did not reach the one in the center. No service or phone is off.

Maybe I should have waited creating the thread until I know more.

Ich werde das ganze beobachten

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:35 AM
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thank you for the care. Staying right here in my house. Not of fear of course but I don´t plan going out of town the next days anyways.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:46 AM
Btw, the general consens that there are no guns in civil hands in germany is just false.
The percentage of sport shooters -and don´t get me into hunters- is very high here. At least in the area where I dwell, you´ll find a shooting range in every small town with more than 500-700 people. My father even founded the one in our town. You´ll have a "schützenfest" every year where the "königsschütze" (transl. -> shooting king) is determined.
Even if it´s just fought out in .22LR most of the times so that older kids can partake, too.
And the airrifle class..

Edit: Shooting on paper targets, not each other as it might read

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:55 AM
Oh, and believe me, there is a lot of illegal weapons in the hands of german citizens. "Funny" thing is, is the older people that own them.

I shot some illegal guns, up to a sawed of shotgun.
But, deep, deeeeep in the woods, ready to escape at everytime, course you know as a german, that could become very expensive, or you could even face jail-time, if you had some criminal records before...

As kids we stole the blackpowder(to build our own firecrackers, nowadays we would be terrorists) of the father of a friend, who illegally owned a revolver and made his ammunition by himself. Once he shot, drunk, a hole into the kitchen door...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:24 AM

I spent so time in your country. I miss Germany on occasion. I was in Rhineland Pflaz though.

I have a gold Schutzenschnur and few friends over your way still.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:24 AM
I´m split apart, I´m sorry to you guys that I come over like an alarmist. I´m also glad that nothing big happened, although, an accident is an accident :-/

a reply to: DerBeobachter
Right. Old farmers still have them. Condition might be bad and the powder moist. Nowadays it´s not traditional blackpowder anymore. I remember times where I would jump my bike with the bowie knife on the belt and selfmade bow on the shoulder and ride into the woods as a kid. We were on camping trips for weekends on our own in summer holidays. Most parents were okay with that. Imagine that today. A 12 year old or younger on a bike with two "weapons".
Kids without mobile phones in the woods / at the lake. Occasionally a parent would drop by with the dogs or bring fresh bacon and eggs for the next morning. Water came from the spring and the rest was brought with us.

That was when common sense and trust was still the norm.
I´m drifting, sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:25 AM

Are any of your average citizens armed? Shotgun, hunting rifle?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:28 AM
a reply to: thesungod
Thats nice to hear
. I´m a bit surprised how many people have been to germany or have family/friends here.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:38 AM
a reply to: HUMBLEONE
What´s averrage?
The most part of the people going to the local shooting club either own a .22 or airrifles. It´s a mix from young to old, men and women. You see all ages when it´s rangeday.

Then there are the people going to a "großkaliber schützenstand". Those include all pistols, repetier guns (known as "shot-gun") and basically any other kind of firearm EXCEPT for automatic weapons and weapons of war of any cal (except some special types). No nightvisions and no lasers. You can store them at home if you can afford the price for the safe or at the club. After one year of training and a small exam in weapons knowledge and law, you can have your own gun. No silencers.
Those are mainly hunters, competition shooters and police officers in private.
That´s where you shoot the "big" guns. You could even have a FN P90 if you find a gunsmith that converts it to semi. And a reason to own it.

Edit: There are two sorts of ranges because the rules for airrifle and .22 allow for cheaper building costs and safety measures.

It´s that easy. And then there are the hunters. They can basically walk into a gun store, show their hunters license and buy what they want, register it the next 14 days, everything fine.

Also, expect to loose your guns when you are found drunk in public or deemend irresponsible in the handling with firearms. Or in any other way like starting a fight or problems with the law. Drug history. Then you might get evaluated. If you´re under 25... You have to be evaluated by a pyschologist. It´s expected that if you own a gun that you behave like a civilized person. More so if you have the license to carry in public.
That´s how our gun culture works.

It´s also not uncommon to fire a real cannon (!) at weddings or 50th birthday at midnight, several times. If you´re in the shooting club, it might happen they show up in front of your house with a 1.5m long canon. To wake you up.

But let´s not make this a gun thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:26 AM

I suspect that the German Authorities are trying to play down any problems as they don't want to panic people further than they have to.

Last night on our tv (in UK) we say Angela Merkel telling everyone that the refugees are traumatised and we should all have compassion for them. Then we saw some Germans actually speaking their minds, none of them shared her views so I am wondering what will happen. Hope thou stay safe though.

I just wonder how long before this behaviour starts to happen in my country, although the killing of a soldier here sparked a lot of public rage alongside the outrage at the bigger underground and bus explosions etc.I wonder what the outcome would be where terrorists to start up here also, its probably just a matter of time seeing some of them on the streets already strutting about demanding sharia as if they already own the place.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:31 AM
a reply to: Shiloh7
Although, not all incidents are IS related. I don´t want to represent any opinion for whole germany but I feel many have a problem with our uncontrolled borders. But there are also many blind followers on both sides. It´s hard to fight the central line with arguments against emotional left and right.

The problem is, you get branded as a right wing by the absolute defenders.
Refugees breaking the law intentionally have to be shipped out of country the day they are judged.
Problem is, where to send them if they have no papers. That´s the fault of our government from the beginning.

It´s not right that those seeking shelter from war (and only war) are suffering under the criminal scumbags that hitchhike with them. I want zero tolerance towards that. Criminals have to loose their refugee status. Also, there should be no money giveouts. And they should have to pay damaged interior from the giveouts if they get money.

Because you would not believe the terror the population experienced when there were fights between the nationalities inside the camps. Stones, chairs everything that could be used to destroy something else was used.
Firealarms every day and non stop police interventions. Groups of 50 and more people beat the # out of each other because they want to "control" the ongoings in the camp.

And the honest and true people -as always- have to suffer because such scumbags cannot be kicked out.

Because of those scumbags:
-Trains are stopped at midnight and vandalized so that they don´t stop anymore and the population has to see how they can get to their work.
-Local shops have to hire security!
-Theres trash and leftover everywhere around
-Thieves steal from one shop, police let them go, two hours later they steal again, police can do nothing because the thiev is under 14 years old (sure... with arms like he serviced in military having the statue of a 25 year old)
-Women and girls, also boys are touched in public pools (several incidents every month)
-Many expect to get everywhere and everything for free.
-Drug crimes SKYROCKETED in the city.
-Violence towards other refugees.
Rant over.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:44 AM
My girlfriend said she just saw a quick newsflash on Sky saying there had been a shooting in Berlin

Will confirm when i get details.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>