It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Mods allowed to star posts more than us regulars?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

They offered us a job to partake in those endeavours. Check SO's threads if you don't believe me and tell me how that works out for you. It's a chance to strive with creativity, innit? How is that offending your artistic work when they're in fact rather supporting it?

edit on 26-7-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Truly unlimited though?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
Not whining just telling how it is, but yours is a strange reaction to been told you are been used everyway the owners can think of to make money from you

Why strange?
I don't pay anything to come here, I come for amusement, as I'm finding in this thread.

Why would I care if ATS makes money out of my posts, and how do they do that exactly?
Money from advertising? So what, pretty much every discussion/social media website does that.
Okay, I'd probably be annoyed if one of my mediocre threads was published and they got millions in royalties, but come on, be serious lol.

Nope, I think you are whining, the OP is whining, and if you are that troubled then just stop using ATS...nobody is forcing you or me.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Really? You guys are just figuring this out?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Meh, just whinge bags...plenty of other crap forums to choose from out there in cyber world.

So you're intimating this is a "crap forum". Then why don't you go to another one. See ya.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: grainofsand

Meh, just whinge bags...plenty of other crap forums to choose from out there in cyber world.

So you're intimating this is a "crap forum". Then why don't you go to another one. See ya.

Oh dry your tears won't ya.
I enjoy ATS, I'm not the one whining lol...and people like your good self amuse me so I'm not going anywhere.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Stars? I haven't the foggiest, as I can safely say I don't abuse the system. Certainly not to the point that is being implied in this thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
...as I can safely say I don't abuse the system.

So you are saying you are NOT the Debbie Wasserman Shultz of ATS?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This topic just made me cry, seriously.

I don't know exactly why, but it makes me wonder about a lot of things, like being the kid no one likes at school bulling , the outcast.

Wonder what gets said behind peoples backs, that sort of thing, the haves and the have nots, the popularity contests.

sad

Like why are some of the most popular people also the meanest?

And the smartest.

edit on 26-7-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

You actually cried because someone is whining that ATS mods can star more than once? Seriously?

I've found the thread highly amusing, different folks different strokes I guess...hope you cheer up soon.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Things are apparently starting to get out of control.....

-Alee

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So you people have the ability to give multiple stars and you don't even give me one?

They can also give several flags, at least my paranoid nature made me figure it out years ago when some supermod or something threads always had 7 flags since the first second

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just like people in power are usually corrupt, but the people keep worshiping them, the little peons, and the masters.

I never trusted authority figures, but I must obey their rules.

Think of all the horrible rules we have been forced to follow, and what the law makers encourage us to do to one another, how they control our lives.

They pit us against each other.

It is entertaining.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
it more than that, it made me think how the world works and how we are controlled

link   
I just know that I have written the most inane drivel and got a boatload of stars for it, whilst a post I have actually put a lot of thought into flies under the radar. The stars thing is what it is, I personally like to give a star because I like what was written. Some posts with loads of stars are just starred by someone's fan club, clear as day, others deserve the recognition.

At the end of the day, ATS is a tiny corner of the interwebs, and if stars stars in this tiny part of the information universe matter at all, it is because you make it so.

link   

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

it more than that, it made me think how the world works and how we are controlled

How are the ATS mods controlling anyone? We all know the T&C's and we all get smacked if we don't follow them.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How are the ATS mods controlling anyone? We all know the T&C's and we all get smacked if we don't follow them.

I not talking about the mods, I am talking about life in general,

The topic was just a trigger, that made me sad about the way the world works

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I not talking about the mods, I am talking about life in general,

But this thread is not about life in general, it is about the mods being able to star a post more than once.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Lol I've been spanked loads of times by mods...probably explains why I keep coming back.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join