It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Mods allowed to star posts more than us regulars?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Anyone overly impressed by "stars and flags" rather than the factual/rational quality of a post is the same kind of thinker that believes that whatever the MSM/Facebook and/or Twitter tells them is true.

I.e. they are not "denying ignorance."

That said, I've never met a mod here that wasn't fair-minded who does a sht-ton of work FOR US FOR FREE.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Because it's not up to Them to decide what We think is most important. Just like a newspaper that puts one political party above the other and not reporting it's misdeeds. We, as members, should be the ones to decide what we are most concerned/interested in and what makes it to the front page.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: imod02
People should also remember that MODs can take part in other OPs . This is very strange as if you disagree with a MOD they can take revenge later, a MOD should be a MOD and not have the power to intimidate others to push there own agenda, add to this the power they have with stars and flags (all stars removed from this post becouse they dont like the truth) ATS makes facebook look good

One would like to believe that there is a reason that a MOD is a MOD and that you and I are not.

I do not actually know, but I assume most MODS started as ordinary members and then in some way excelled and made someone think that they could meet the MOD-material-criteria.

Usually one of those criteria is "don't be a vengeful douche".
And usually that criterion is met.

In ATS a MOD is someone who helps the owners make money, they dont care about what is right or good only that which brings in money, there is no freedom here becouse of that, look how they have removed all the stars from this post.
edit on 26-7-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Wrong thread sorry.

edit on 7/26/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/26/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Removed all the stars from this post? Well, that's taking it a bit far. You can't star AT ALL in this forum. It's the Business Board and Questions forum. A bit hard to remove that which was never there...

edit on 26 7 2016 by kaelci because: added a smidgen more.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
a reply to: imod02

Removed all the stars from this post? Well, that's taking it a bit far. You can't star AT ALL in this forum. It's the Business Board and Questions forum. A bit hard to remove that which was never there...

I have seen many posts moved to where stars cannot be given

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It's not our site. It's the owners' site. It's their front page - not our front page. This isn't a newspaper. It is a private website opened up to the public. We, as members, aren't owed a decision on anything, except whether to post here or not. Many times the site owners ask our opinions on things, but they certainly don't have to. We aren't customers who have paid for a service and deserve certain rights because of it.

And I DO decide what's important to me. I only read the threads I want to - and those threads aren't always on the front page.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

And the attacks on ATS's credibility begin. Someone doesn't like the direction things are going. I don't either, but that's the membership's fault, not the Mods.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Exactly. I don't even look at the home or top pages, just the new page.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

If you knew about it, and I knew about it--I'd say it's been made transparent.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So you think mods are not members of this site? At least there's an upside to modding this kindergarten, great news!

Someone doesn't like the direction things are going.

Some people never like platforms where free speech is actually possible. You're one of them? This thread is here for us all to see and that point alone added more credibility to the site than all slander combined might be able to take.

Yeah, I know. The starwhoring machine is crooked and not a real popularity-index, pity. Poor lad, may the purge begin!

edit on 26-7-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think the OP is correct... Lots of members admittedly judge a post by star count. Many definitely do it subconsciously too... Else there would be no point at all for the stars.

I also wonder if some mods have a couple of accounts, so they can get in among it all without having the stigma of 'Mod' attached to their avatar.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Cute trick, using the "quote" function to make it look like I said something I didn't.

So you think mods are not members of this site? At least there's an upside to modding this kindergarten, great news!

Of course the Mods are members of this site. Their job is to enforce T&C, not censor. If a member's, er, enthusiasm, leads them to become rude, it's on them, not the Mods.

Some people never like platforms where free speech is actually possible. You're one of them?

Nope, but I'm pretty sure you are. If you feel that ATS is being censored, why do you bother to post here. There are plenty of sites that will rubber stamp your opinions. (They might even delete posts that challenge you... wouldn't that be great?)

This thread is here for us all to see and that point alone added more credibility to the site than all slander combined might be able to take.

Agreed; the attempt is self defeating. Accusing a site of censorship and having the post remain pretty much confirms that there is no censorship.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

My fault, edited the post.

Thanks for your reply, I'm pretty cute sometimes. Agreed to agree then, that's a bummer!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Agreed; the attempt is self defeating. Accusing a site of censorship and having the post remain pretty much confirms that there is no censorship.

That's a complete fallacy.

If I were a mod I'd allow posts like this to continue, so members like yourself would believe I were transparent and censored nothing. Meanwhile in the background I'd be deleting Sandy Hook threads etc

link   
Speaking purely as a mod, who has just read multiple pages of attacks upon his integrity, thank you so much.

Because your sainted Bernie "sold out" you somehow came to the conclusion that ATS is somehow "just like that"?

Now that's a conspiracy. Well done!!
edit on 7/26/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

link   
Lots of whining in this thread lol
I couldn't give a # about stars personally or if mods 'cheat' and award more than one.
Lame but amusing first world problem at best.

link   
a reply to: and14263

No, some of the worst posts get the most stars. Stars are an indication of the popularity of the opinion. Mods cannot have multiple accounts, but many members rely on sock puppets and forum ganging. (Notice how many stars Infowars posts tend to get.)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

If I were a mod I'd allow posts like this to continue, so members like yourself would believe I were transparent and censored nothing. Meanwhile in the background I'd be deleting Sandy Hook threads etc

I wouldn't, but thank you for being up front on your views on censorship.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I have no problems with the mods and how they do things. They have given me applause, as well as warnings and penalties when I've been a bad boy. The mods giveth and taketh away.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join