It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Mods allowed to star posts more than us regulars?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who says I don't like the place? And why would I not come back just because of some BS banning? You don't get to shut me up.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
You idiots will squabble so much this thread will be closed before we get a decent answer.

Actually no. See the problem here is that this thread was started by someone who is a genuinely caring member who was clearly distressed about something. Unfortunately it got crapped on by the usual crew who aren't interested in an answer but rather an opportunity to rail against the staff.

You want answers? I'll prep a thread when I get home from work about what moderator accounts can and can't do. The false accusations, while often funny, have gotten a bit out of hand at this point and have become insulting.

I'll be happy to clarify the roles/responsibilities/tools of our staff in a proper setting. There is nothing to hide. Folks want transparency? No problem. It's funny in a sense because of all our moderators were regular members first anyway.

I have no problem engaging with people who are genuinely interested in an answer. My time, however, will not be wasted on those just passing the time away by lying and attempting to drag our name through the mud.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Nah...it's all lies I tell ya...a conspiracy!!!

[/rocking in chair with crazed eyes]

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Stay out of this.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DearDiary
Who says I don't like the place?

I equate respecting something with liking something. You obviously, as it has been revealed, have an issue with respecting the rules so therefore you do not like the site.

And why would I not come back just because of some BS banning?

VPN all you want, it's your time.

You don't get to shut me up.

No, I am not a mod. Dealing with tedious people like yourself is why I probably would not want to be one either.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

So can one single mod influence the forums by giving multiple stars or not? Djarums?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Stay out of this.

Make me.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
You want answers? I'll prep a thread when I get home from work about what moderator accounts can and can't do. The false accusations, while often funny, have gotten a bit out of hand at this point and have become insulting.

I'll be happy to clarify the roles/responsibilities/tools of our staff in a proper setting. There is nothing to hide. Folks want transparency? No problem. It's funny in a sense because of all our moderators were regular members first anyway.

Fanks

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DearDiary

I'd probably address your questions if you promise to never call me "big boy" again.

That was creepy. I don't get paid enough.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
Thanks erik!

I read the OP and then scrolled through to find a mods response.

Makes sense.

Thanks for the job you guys do, mods have always been fair and pleasant to me.

I couldn't and wouldn't do your job but I am glad you guys do.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
I'll be happy to clarify the roles/responsibilities/tools of our staff in a proper setting. There is nothing to hide. Folks want transparency? No problem.

Can you provide some detail on your 401K and health coverage plans?

link   

I equate respecting something with liking something. You obviously, as it has been revealed, have an issue with respecting the rules so therefore you do not like the site.

That makes no sense.

it's your time.

What is this "time"drivel? I spend just as much time as you or whoever.

No, I am not a mod.

You don't say. I was speaking in general.

Dealing with tedious people like yourself is why I probably would not want to be one either.

Ooh, butthurt huh. There is no problem for mods if they treat people fairly.

link   
a reply to: Djarums

Well I for one have only contributed in the thread for amusement.
You mods do a decent job, I click alert and in seconds y'all remove whatever is bad....and I assume because I push the rules so often myself that you guys think 'Oh it must be bad if grainofsand is alerting it'.

I never alert people I'm enjoying arguing with, that would be lame, but I alert plenty when I see hate, or topics I wish to discuss but I know break T's and C's and I'm checking I can reply seeing as they don't seem to have closed the thread.
(Mods know what I'm on about lol)

Excellent modding here I reckon, just like my favourite clubs with decent bouncers...they ain't saints but it would be #ing carnage without them...and we all know it.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That makes no sense.

Not surprised it makes no sense to you by your past behavior. You seem to have an overly entitled stance on how you should behave here.

What is this "time"drivel? I spend just as much time as you or whoever.

I have one account. I set it up years ago. If you are creating new ones as has been discussed then you are obviously using more time than I am. This is rather simplistic in its overview, not sure why it went over your head.

Ooh, butthurt huh. There is no problem for mods if they treat people fairly.

No, I was speaking in general. Tedious people are boring, I do not like to be bored, therefore being a moderator and dealing with tedious people would bore me. You are actions are a snooze fest.

edit on 26-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

But someone is paying you?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Jealousy? P***s envy?

Please.

No, you see, I am not pathetic....

The moment that a lot of people here like me is the moment that I have sold out and have become a brownnose poser.

Actually, given some of the stuff you've said so far? You actually are kinda pathetic. ...and a bit of a poser, as well. Well done.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

What makes you think anyone is getting paid here?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Not surprised it makes no sense to you by your past behavior. You seem to have an overly entitled stance on how you should behave here.

Me liking this place has no reltion to the T&C whatsoever. Your claim is just drivel.

I have one account. I set it up years ago. If you are creating new ones as has been discussed then you are obviously using more time than I am. This is rather simplistic in its overview, not sure why it went over your head.

More drivel. We are talking minutes here.....

No, I was speaking in general.

You said "tedious people like yourself". That's not in general at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

If someone is paying me, at least *I* have a job. You could get one too - now that school's out.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

He said "I don't get paid enough" and then I asked a question. As usual your response doesn't apply.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join