It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been confirmed, Japanese man is a mental patient and former employee (19 killed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Just to let you all know that Satoshi Uematsu is a former employee and a mental patient and also wrote some stuff that is now being aired on Japanese TV.

A former staff member of a home for the disabled in Kanagawa Prefecture admitted to going on a deadly stabbing rampage in his former workplace early on July 26, police said.

Nineteen people were killed and 26 others injured, many of them seriously, at the Tsukui Yamayurien facility in Sagamihara in the northwestern part of the prefecture.

According to the National Police Agency, the stabbing rampage is the worst such incident since 1989 in terms of the death toll.

The 19 people killed consisted of nine men between the ages of 41 and 67 and 10 women aged between 19 and 70.

The man later turned himself into a police station in Sagamihara and was immediately arrested.

He was identified as Satoshi Uematsu, 26, who worked at the facility from December 2012 to February this year.

“I hope that disabled people will disappear (from this world),” he told police.

According to Kanagawa prefectural police, an employee of the facility called police at around 2:40 a.m. saying, “Something serious has taken place.”

Police said Uematsu broke into the facility at around 2:10 a.m. and stabbed residents there in rapid succession.

At about 3 a.m., he surrendered himself to the local Tsukui Police Station after driving there by car. He was wearing a black T-shirt and black trousers, and three knives were found in his bag. At least one was stained with blood.

A window on the first floor of the facility had been broken, and a hammer was found nearby. Police received another call at around 2:45 a.m., which said, “A man broke into our facility.”

The caller also said, “We (staff members) were bound, and during that time, people were stabbed.”

According to the Hachioji Medical Center of Tokyo Medical University, which admitted four of the injured, all four have stab wounds to the upper half of their bodies, particularly around their necks, and are unconscious.

The facility is located near the prefectural border with Yamanashi Prefecture and is about two kilometers east of Sagamiko Station on the JR Chuo Line.

According to the Kanagawa prefectural government, a total of 149 people with intellectual disabilities were living in the facility on a long-term basis as of the end of April. Their ages ranged from the teens to the 70s.

The residents are divided into groups, each of which consists of 20 people, and each group is living in an area called the “home.”

At night, at least two staff members of the facility are assigned to each two-story building. The front gate of the facility and entrances to the buildings in which residents are living are all locked.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
My heart goes out to those poor innocent victims. How very sad and tragic!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is horrible...hopefully the victims families can grieve and get past the nightmare the madman has created in so many lives.
I have a mental disability and do not tolerate the mans actions... and I tend to disabled folks for a living..
May the souls hurt in this nightmare find everlasting peace and serenity.
My prayers to all involved and that the man responsible receives proper prison time.

Attacking disabled folks is a high dishonor the man is a wimp... he will most likely experience great loneliness and have to reconcile with Christ or his deity or God.. maybe he receives death?
edit on 26-7-2016 by peppycat because: japonese prison?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Radiation has gone to his head

www.rediff.com...
edit on 26-7-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Update, Satoshi suffers from sever hallucinations and has a long history of mental and social problems. On TV it shows him getting out of his car and getting into his trunk and taking out a bag. I can't say he was hallucinating at that time, can you guys...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011
Radiation caused brain tumors? Possibility .
This is sad . And this US citizen mourns ,
May this type of event be eliminated one day.
Peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Not one day without a tragedy.
Hope & love for the families of the victims.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
A senseless act by a disturbed man. How very sad indeed.

edit on -05:002016Tue, 26 Jul 2016 02:43:36 -050031America/Chicago000000Tue, 26 Jul 2016 02:43:36 -0500TueAmerica/ChicagoJul by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Update, Satoshi suffers from sever hallucinations and has a long history of mental and social problems. On TV it shows him getting out of his car and getting into his trunk and taking out a bag. I can't say he was hallucinating at that time, can you guys...

To be honest, hallucinations are more like augmented reality (mixed with real visions) than Virtual reality (it's own enclosed visual system)
I'm not defending this guy in any way possible but the fact he drove and took things out of his car wouldn't make me say "NO he is not hallucinating" though do think it's a cop-out of a defense.

new topics

top topics

join