It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need for Citizen Intelligence Gathering When the SHTF

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Speaking of things WW2, It sounds to me like an introspective look at the formations and operations of the French Underground/Resistance would be in order for anyone trying to organize something like this.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
I am trying to understand what possible scenario would apply the OP?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Hey again S.B. How's it up there? Something to think about in your thread here.

You know I'm with FEMA, Homeland Security, 1st Responder in disasters...and here's something not exactly secret with us, but not generally known.

In ashtf scenario emergency services, police, fire...even the Guard...will switch to dedicated frequencies for communication. Though will be both encripted and not for some..what's generally not known is they have MORE THAN a few dozen different ones...sometimes will be switched in MID-Broadcast...even mid sentence.

This will keep the messages broken, dropping off completely, change current encryptions even word for word. Only the other end will get the breakers per message.

I believe its something NASA developed after the code breakers methods of WWII...and prior to humans in space.

When SHTF....only some of all messages may...may get through by scanning. Certainly not every one nor all...

Take care...hey! Now I'm hankerin' for a pastie or 3!
MS

Hey Mysterious, things are hot and muggy here.

That is some really good information, a big thanks. More reason to establish your own private intel group. Your insight is quite valuable and I will be incorporating that info in my research.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

Let's see, almost any emergency like natural or man made disasters, a first strike or invasion by enemy countries, a large scale terror attack, mass migrations due to the same, riots and lawlessness, insurrection, civil war, etc. Even smaller disasters that are local in nature. Almost anything you can think of that may go generally unreported, misreported, or have little information available on. I'm sure you can think of a few more if you thought along those lines.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Speaking of things WW2, It sounds to me like an introspective look at the formations and operations of the French Underground/Resistance would be in order for anyone trying to organize something like this.

A study of the underground resistance during any war would be useful as you could learn some good lessons that way, unfortunately, the governments have learn those lessons already. It might help to get thinking out of the box though.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: Orionx2

Let's see, almost any emergency like natural or man made disasters, a first strike or invasion by enemy countries, a large scale terror attack, mass migrations due to the same, riots and lawlessness, insurrection, civil war, etc. Even smaller disasters that are local in nature. Almost anything you can think of that may go generally unreported, misreported, or have little information available on. I'm sure you can think of a few more if you thought along those lines.

You said If "normal lines of communications were still open" in your OP. Are you saying that in anyone one of these situations Normal communications could be faked or something? People on the internet would be lying about their situation? The news would be faked? Live video would be faked? I guess I am not grasping the problem.

However if in those situations if Normal communications were cut off then a lot of these alternatives could be useful.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Well, yes, even when the normal lines are open, the commercial broadcast media might not give you all or any of the facts, they may even give you misinformation, or in the case of a localized event, may not report it at all. Your internet network, like Facebook and twitter, can be censored, but if not, then gather as much intelligence as you can from your online friends and neighbors. Whatever sources you have, use them while they are available, if not, as in a communications blackout, then use whatever is left. I'm just covering more ground by saying that.

Perhaps you are correct that while the lines are still open, then false flags could be circumvented with eyewitnesses that you know personally. Still, there are shills and disinformation agents that could try to sway opinion away from the actual events (this is still a conspiracy website isn't it?). My main point wasn't concerning a scenario in which you still could acquire good intel from commonly used communications. But I see where you are becoming confused by the OP.

If you have an alternate network that can fact check in the above cases where disinformation may be present, then a private intelligence gathering group would have a good dry run before a real SHTF scenario develops.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Now..it would be great if regular citizens could organize and control comm. our own way in the same vein as suggested by Swampbuck.

I think the 1st problem may...and I say...may...be how to use certain broadcast frequencies independent from TPTB...that they wont squash or step on to keep us off in times of trouble.

Thanks Guyfri-MS

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well, here are some examples of how the normal lines of communications can be censored or go down even when there is no SHTF scenario happening. This is in addition to police switching frequencies and using digital encryption on their two-way systems to keep citizens from monitoring on scanners.

ATS Threads:

Twitter is conveniently down over NYC and Philly

Trump left out of Google search for presidential candidates

Perhaps it is a high traffic problem, a DDOS attack, or a simple programming "glitch", no matter, the effect is the same.

Here are some more.

Algeria Shuts Down Internet, Facebook as Protesters Battle State Police

Cellphones blocked in SF to hinder transit protest

Vandalism in Arizona Shut Down Internet, Cellphone, Telephone Service

Multistate AT&T Service Outage

Internet Outage Disrupts East Coast Traffic

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Here is another example from ATS to add to the others above.

Apple's SIRI Censoring Anti-Hillary Film

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have done a lot of coding and I can tell you one thing, GPS may be unreliable in certain SHTF situations as the live trafiic updates can be programmed to reroute traffic into or around a Geo-Fenced area. Keep an up to date map handy if you must travel and learn how to use it as some of my friends seem to have lost that skill.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join