It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Airforce Jet Collides With Small Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A T-37 Training Airforce training jet collided with a small private plane, near Frederick Texas, killing the pilot of the crop duster. The two Airforce pilots parachuted to safety. A spokesman at the base said that he did not know what caused the collision.

www.cnn.com
An Air Force training jet and a small plane collided Tuesday over southwestern Oklahoma, killing the private plane's pilot, authorities said. Both military pilots parachuted to safety.

The T-37 training jet from Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, Texas, struck the plane over a rural area southeast of Frederick, Federal Aviation Administration spokesman John Clabes said.

The two military pilots suffered only minor injuries after parachuting to the ground. Officials at the Air Force base said a nearby landowner picked them up and helped them get medical care.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Two T-37 jets collided near Frederick in 2002, while flying in close formation, no one was injured in that collision.

I wonder why this happens in this area, is it due to the pilots being trained and not real familiar with the aircraft or some other type of pilot error ?

Just seems strange to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I donno, it was obvisouly a training flight. and i have to wonder how they collided unless the T-37 tried to buzz the cropduster

new topics

join