It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Reminds Me to Watch the DNC, but not RNC?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have a dummy Twitter account I use to follow certain people and organizations. I don't tweet on it and it has no personal information.

So, here I am looking through email tonight and I get a reminder to "XXXX, watch the Democratic National Convention live". I am assuming they are just alerting everyone that they can watch the DNC which is fine, but then I got to thinking I didn't remember getting one for the RNC.

Sure enough I worked back through emails and even checked my trash and deleted bin and nothing. No, Twitter apparently forgot to remind me that the RNC was live or maybe they just were selective in who they choose to cover or maybe the DNC pays Twitter to remind people?

So, why the reminder to watch the DNC and not the RNC? It almost feels like this election is rigged and the media is complicit.

Just an honest mistake by Twitter I am sure.

I feel so manipulated right now.

edit on 2016/7/25 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Twitter is not part of the solution, it's part of the problem. They have been taken over by the same twits at the DNC, same type anyway. Cognitive dissonance is strong in those ones.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Oh how this wonderful social media can be used against the public
Go ahead everyone , continue on . I am in the shadows laughing my a** off at you.
Thanks for another reason NOT to join any social media.
Wwell , except ATS (if you include it as social media . I consider it a current events forum) But I been around here in one form or another since 2003 or so
Peace
edit on 7/25/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Twitter is as bad as Fakebook, when it comes to censoring Conservatives and has shown full support for the Libs/Dems.
I really hope the Sanders fans are watching right now. Bernie has deserted you and has his lips at full pucker to kiss Hillary's ass. Instead of exposing her and the party as the lying, manipulative scum they are, he's supporting them right down the line.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
How is anyone supposed to feel good about our country when everything is just so damn corrupt. I am so disgusted right now.

Between the RNC and the DNC conventions and the media BS I understand the thread where someone wrote they didn't want to vote this year. It is probably part of the plan to get us to just give up.

edit on 2016/7/25 by Metallicus because: Readability Update

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Negative divisive talk.
Sanders: We are stronger when we stand together.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DAVID64

Negative divisive talk.
Sanders: We are stronger when we stand together.

Please stop hijacking my rant with yet more partisan BS.

I am so sick of the manipulative 'correct the record' flunkies and corruption.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the media bias I am talking about...start your own damn thread if you want to toot on Bernie's band wagon.

edit on 2016/7/25 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It's so different from the RNC convention.
Michelle brought tears to many eyes.
Elizabeth lead a war cry. Go Pocahontas go.
Bernie was strong and positive.

Not a we hate trump or how bad is trump orgy.
Yes there is we must beat him. He is a danger but it's not a totally attack convention. We did not hear hate in every speech. We didn't hear ugly chants led by supposed leaders.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Oh right crush my free speech so you can have yours. Ok.
The floor is yours.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

A sponsored reminder? FB has similar things. I am not following the fascination with what Twitter and FB decide to push.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Twitter is as bad as Fakebook, when it comes to censoring Conservatives and has shown full support for the Libs/Dems.

Well, good, as I am a Lib/Dem. Do you need a safe space?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Ps I'm a voting American citizen and I'm not on anyones payroll. Please stop saying that about me.
edit on 7252016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Oh right crush my free speech so you can have yours. Ok.
The floor is yours.

IF you are off topic then you are violating the T&C.

You are free to exercise your 'free speech' in an appropriate thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

A sponsored reminder? FB has similar things. I am not following the fascination with what Twitter and FB decide to push.

If it was sponsored then I have no issue at all, but my understanding is that sponsored 'Ads' must be identified. Since this didn't have an appropriate identifier I must conclude that it is simply a ridiculous bias by the media. Why not remind people to watch both (not that either of them are worth watching mind you).

edit on 2016/7/25 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

It's so different from the RNC convention.
Michelle brought tears to many eyes.
Elizabeth lead a war cry. Go Pocahontas go.
Bernie was strong and positive.

Not a we hate trump or how bad is trump orgy.
Yes there is we must beat him. He is a danger but it's not a totally attack convention. We did not hear hate in every speech. We didn't hear ugly chants led by supposed leaders.

Again, none of your bloviating is on topic. Please desist and start your own thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If it was sponsored then I have no issue at all, but my understanding is that sponsored 'Ads' must be identified. Since this didn't have an appropriate identifier I must conclude that it is simply a ridiculous bias by the media. Why not remind people to watch both (not that either of them are worth watching mind you).

You didn't provide an image of what it looked like.

ETA: This thread is about a single email? SMH
edit on 25-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Completely one sided. Twitter proved this with the #DNCLeaks camoflague.

Facebook was in a similar position but due to the potential complexity of some computer coding they could excuse themselves and claim it was an accident. So no smoking gun as usual.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You didn't provide an image of what it looked like.

ETA: This thread is about a single email? SMH

It is about a disturbing trend in social media and the mainstream media of rigging elections. The email is a symptom of the kind of bias we have right now in this country.

I think if Bernie had won the Democratic nomination and say Jeb Bush had won the Republican we would see this bias the other way. The issue is they push the oligarch candidate.

Are you actually not understanding the systemic problem with the media working for the elite or are you just playing dumb?

I think you are too smart to not get this.

edit on 2016/7/25 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yup.

We know from the DNC email scandal that most MSM and Social media is fixed and rigged.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join