It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allah off the Richter Scale

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Amuk,

www.geocities.com...

This may help a bit, however, one must also put into perspective the history of the two faiths and thier ages: Islam is a relatively new faith which did wage wars but not on the girth waged by Christians.

Deep

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Islam is a relatively new faith which did wage wars but not on the girth waged by Christians.

the problem with that is the Numbers you quote (thanks) are mostly from the far past so how does this justify the Muslim killings of non believers now?

If anything it would seem to point out why fanitics of ANY religion must not bew allowed to gain power. I will read some more on the link you provided

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well I never stated those killed now, but through out time. Personaly, i'm not a fan of Islam, as I am of Judeo-Christianity; or, to be perfectly honest, as I am of any organized religion. Most of our education in regards to Islam comes from the media, and if even, it's usualy biased and centered around Islam propogating terrorism. The school systems seem to have exclude all religious studies at the ages where children are most pliable. We live in a pluralist society, not a Christian one anymore; they may outnumber we, the minority, but they have also lauded equality. Equality is not just granted, it's taught. If we don't rear the young at mothers knee to respect others in a non-divisible manner, who will ? This is what has led to the ignorance of both the Middle East and Western worlds. One also finds the confliction of Middle Eastern sociopolitical ethos clashing with those of the western worlds to be the fundamental problem; though we should all know that by now. Suffice to say, the voice issued as representative of these two worlds tends to be extremely xenophobic, ignorant, and eluding. There never tends to be a universaly accepted consensus on how to adress the issues with the two conflicting worlds, and unless this is not adressed, we'll continue down the path of ignorance. I expect my president to be highly educated in those he deals with; I expect my elected officials to have an amazing grasp on the Middle Eastern culture and Islamic faith: this will give them the leverage one needs to embark on productive diplomacy, as it were, these should be mutual between the two parties.

This is why I educate myself on foriegn cultures; i'm an adamant xenophile and hope to become a diplomat, or something where I an run the show. lol

Deep

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Simulacra, thanks for the complement but I only research in the past of the Islam and not very deeply.

babloyi, you really know your islam I agree with you Mohammed first wife was older than him but I have not idea how old she was.

Now and for Islam and Christianity they both have in their past some of the bloodiest fighting in world history.

Islam is not a religion of peace but of surrender.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Simulacra, this is the first time that I have seen the age of Khadija questioned. I did not realise that there was any misconception here. While I am not sure of the exact age (that is why I said about 40), there is absolutely no question of her being 15. Check up any history of Muhammad. As for proof:
i-cias.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">lexicorient.com...://i-cias.com/e.o/muhammad.htm
www.jannah.org...

I would be appreciative if you would provide me with information on where you got the number 15 from. And btw, just because you are muslim doesn't stop you from propagating hatred for Islam, so I don't know why you brought that up.

and yeah, I agree with you marg
, saying that "This religion has caused many more deaths than this other religion" is not the right approach. That does not prove anything either way. Everyone should be striving towards less killing due to all religions.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As for this women,"Khadija", one should consult highly articulated University sites:

eawc.evansville.edu...

Mohammad (Peace be upon him) was the man through whom Allah (God Almighty) transmitted the teachings of Islam to the mankind. He was born in Mecca, a city on the Arabian Peninsula, in 571 AD. He was orphaned before his birth and his mother died when he was six. He was raised by his grandfather till he was nine when his grandfather passed away and his uncle raised him. He did not have the benefit of education and was an unlettered man. As he grew up he worked as a shepherd and as a trader in the caravans.

At age 25 he was hired by a rich widow, Khadija, to manage her business and trade. Khadija was impressed by the young man's intelligence, hard work, honesty and integrity. They grew to esteem each other's qualities and got married. Mohammad was married to Khadija for twenty-six years and they had five children. Later on Khadija would be the first person to accept Islam, and she is the epitome of a faithful and devoted wife in Islamic history. The society at that time was rife with polygamy, sensuality and sexuality; temporary marriages were a norm amongst the well to do. However, Mohammad remained faithful to his wife Khadija.

Mohammad grew up in an atmosphere and society of cruelty, lawlessness, war and treachery. He grew up untouched by these prevalent evils. He became famous for his truthfulness, uprightedness, charity and helpfulness. He was a man of kind disposition and was loved by all who knew him. He was deeply troubled by the inhumanity that he saw around him and would leave the city to meditate in a cave on a nearby mountain. One day, when he was 40, he received a message from God Almighty that he had been appointed the Messanger of God.

uwacadweb.uwyo.edu...

Khadija*
Khadija was Mohammed's first wife and his first follower. She was a moderately wealthy widow who hired Mohammed to manage the caravan business left to her by her first husband. Five years later, when Mohammed was 25 and Khadija was 40, she proposed marriage to him. They had a happy marriage with several children, including daughter, Fatima. During her lifetime, Mohammed took no other wives. She died in 619.

Savvy?

Deep

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hell, Christians are still killing Muslims. Maybe not for the church, but it still happens. Bush even called this war a "crusade".

cru·sade Pronunciation Key (kr-sd)
n.

1. often Crusade Any of the military expeditions undertaken by European Christians in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims.
2. A holy war undertaken with papal sanction.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join