It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Player One...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Player One

"Player blend57 has died" The machine announces to the world as blend stands there in ghost form. In real life, this would be a small announcement under obituaries in the last page of a newspaper. A side thought as she waits for the resurrect timer to start. It didn't matter, she didn't have time really to think about why a big voice in the sky was announcing her death to the world... as she had just been moved to the nearest res location and was waiting for her turn to respawn.

There were a lot of people there with her. She would have to say around twenty or thirty or more. All standing around looking at each other in ghost form. Some were anxious to res, they were wondering the perimeter of the res spot, trying to find a way out...a glitch in the program. One of the players must've had ADD, as he just kept jumping up and down in place to pass the time. blend57 just stood there waiting, watching as her own personal res timer counted down to zero.

She wondered why she just couldn't go and get her body like in all the other games. It was a lot easier than waiting out the clock. At least she was moving then...she hated to stand still. But as she watched the other players try to get out of the res zone with no success, she realized that this was a different type of MMORPG altogether.

Ok..what did she remember. Not too much to be honest. She was driving to work and chanced a quick look at an incoming text....then, nothing. She looked down at her clothes. They were the same clothes she'd been wearing all day. Looking over at all the other players waiting to res, she noticed they had regular clothes on too. Something wasn't right here at all.

Her res timer had dropped to 30 seconds. She noticed that some of the other players were disappearing. They must've died before her in the game. Their res time being up and they finally get to go play again. But what game were they playing?

She was trying to remember, her memories seemed to be fading a bit. In the car, glanced at text, loud sound of metal scraping on metal, a huge jerk forward, then darkness...then here. She didn't remember playing anything. But if she hadn't been playing a game, what had happened?

15 seconds left on the clock. And it took all of them for her to realize what was going on. As the reality of it sunk in, when she finally understood, the res timer was done, having completed it's countdown to zero. She had just enough time to think "Huh, who would've thought it? " before she respawned back into the game...

"Sarah...her name is Sarah." The woman holding blend57 looked down at her as she spoke. She pulls blend tight to her chest as she whispers "Welcome to Earth my little Sarah, we've been waiting a long time for you."

A smile crosses the woman's face as she lays her head back down on the pillow and falls to sleep....

Thanks,
blend57

edit on 25-7-2016 by blend57 because: for editing

edit on 25-7-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Wow great story and you had me on the edge. I am happy you respawned. Can I ask? Are you Sarah?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
something about women dressed as ninjas
that gets the blood up

nice story

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I cant remember, it was so long ago, i remember calling Sarah by her lost name... Sanee... Whenever she called i returned home..

top topics

join