It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the lighter side of the election...Full Frontal with Gary Johnson. Hilarious!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Say what you will about Gary Johnson's policies, but he represents a socially liberal/fiscally conservative party (like most of the U.S.) and has a fabulous self-deprecating sense of humor -- and that is honestly enough to make me probably vote for him. I sure don't relate to the two-party candidates.

Gravitas. *Gary style*

(It's just a few minutes long and worth watching!)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If he was running alone against Trump ...

Not risking it with Hillary on the ballot.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

There is no lesser nor greater evil between the two, IMO.

So, I feel like I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by voting third party or not voting at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Snarl

There is no lesser nor greater evil between the two, IMO.

So, I feel like I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by voting third party or not voting at all.

Kind'a like if you had starred my post.

If you had ... I might have joined you. LOL

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I don't know what to say to that. I really don't.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
America needs a Metrosexual, Homosexual, peace loving, rock climbing kind of guy with nice grey hair, as its new President.

I say, vote for him.......and he will legalize Gunja/Hooch/weed for you all.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Watched the vid, he was either high at the time they made the interview or he's always high. Vows to stop using if he's elected president, which would change his personality into something stranger or squarer.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Watched the vid, he was either high at the time they made the interview or he's always high. Vows to stop using if he's elected president, which would change his personality into something stranger or squarer.

I love that he's so funny about being a pot head. Some of the best and most capable people I know are longtime pot smokers.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Not authoritarian enough. He doesn't incite enough fear.

People like to be ruled, or they've been made to think they like it
edit on 7-25-2016 by UnknownQuantity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnknownQuantity
Not authoritarian enough. He doesn't incite enough fear.

People like to be ruled, or they've been made to think they like it

Disagree. People are led like sheep to vote for weak, puppet leaders, every election, and the fact that they claim to be Ds and Rs is enough to convince voters they actually have authority.

Let's be honest: The people will lap up whatever crap the media and two-parties sell them.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'll be the first to say/admit that Johnson is NOT the best representative of Libertarian principles.

But he is a good hearted guy and the principles themselves: non-aggression, Constitutionally limited government, fiscal conservatism and social freedom, are sound.

This is the best chance weve had since Perot to get 5% of the vote for a 3rd Party, which will mean matching funds next election and a national platform.

Even if someone hates this guy and Libertarianism (kinda hard to imagine if understood properly), most people will admit that theres a 2-Party stranglehold on this country.

And to break that stranglehold we need a 3rd Party to rise up.

So please consider voting for him.

Especially if youre a Trump supporter in a blue state. Trump wont get the electoral votes anyway.

Or if youre a Hillary supporter in a red state. Again, the electoral college votes (the only ones that matter), wont go to her.

But a vote for Johnson will infact further the cause of liberty.

edit on 25-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Guy is a weirdo.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUSARIA
Guy is a weirdo.

Hillary and Trump are as weird as it gets.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Better than Hillary or Trump by a far margin.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll take an honest, good-hearted guy with executive experience any day over either major party candidate. If the 44% of the voting public who say they want someone other than the majors will go to the polls they can make that clear by voting for him. He is our only hope at this point in my mind.
He's feared by the pharmaceutical lobby, the military-industrial complex lobby, the education industry lobby and the BigAg lobby. That's why he won't be allowed into the debates. The msm depends on those folks for their revenues so they will find ways to exclude him.
There is no doubt in my mind that had he been the Republican nominee he could beat the pantsuit off of the lady. He's an honest guy who doesn't take himself too seriously.
I may not agree with him on every issue but I'm willing to vote FOR him and feel good that I'm voting FOR something instead of against something. He honestly believes in liberty and personal responsibility. The weed is just the gravy on the taters.

After watching some of the videos of the Libertarian convention, kinda made me wish I could sit and have a cuppa with some of those folks. What a hoot! They were laughing and talking and not all mad and red-faced and screeching. Looked like a pretty neat bunch overall.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
We have endured 8 years of a mild barely there leader. He's not respected anywhere in the world much less his own country.

The whole point of electing a leader is to be a LEADER.

I am a total libertarian but also understand what's at stake right now. At least Trump's a leader closer to my Libertarian beliefs.

The Libertarian party has got to get more serious. This guy's is like a joke.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
We have endured 8 years of a mild barely there leader. He's not respected anywhere in the world much less his own country.

The whole point of electing a leader is to be a LEADER.

I am a total libertarian but also understand what's at stake right now. At least Trump's a leader closer to my Libertarian beliefs.

A leader?

He's talking about arming the Japan and South Korea with nuclear weapons.

Didn't we spend 60 years trying to prevent a nuclear war?
edit on 25-7-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: fixed text

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Trump and Hillary are jokes.

That is a fact.

They are both big, fat, freaking jokes vying to be president of this great nation of people in dire need of genuine...GENUINE... leadership.

Not an excuse to pass on Johnson for Trump.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Nice try, but I've never known any Libertarian that would agree with Trump on foreign policy. He's all in with the military industrial petrochemical fascists as far as I can tell. He's all for poking our noses into other people's business. Heck, he's even all in with the private prison War on Drugs cartels. In fact, I don't think I've heard anything Libertarian come from any of his speeches or writings.

In my view, electing either of the major party candidates will only serve to divide the country further. Johnson can pick and choose from both major parties those who are interested in doing the right thing. (I have to believe there are a few good people of honor left in both parties or I wouldn't bother to vote at all in this election.) He can actually, from his relatively independent position, be a uniting factor rather than a dividing one. I'm tired of constant wars and the two major candidates have only war to offer, foreign and domestic.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

This country doesn't need a leader. It needs people to start owning up to their ignorance and fear. That's how these potential "leaders" get voted into office in the first place...and then fight for special interests, not the people.

Please America, vote for platforms, not personality.

Does anyone truly give a shlt about a president's persona if positive changes are actually taking place??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join