It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global poll slams Bush leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has heard about this but I came across it last night.

news.bbc.co.uk...

More than half of people surveyed in a BBC World Service poll say the re-election of US President George W Bush has made the world more dangerous.

On average across all countries, 58% of people - and 16 out of 21 countries polled - said they believed Mr Bush's re-election to the White House made the world more dangerous.

Traditional allies

Most negative feelings were found in Western European, Latin American and Muslim countries.

They include traditional US allies such as Germany, France, Britain and Italy as well as neighbours Canada and Mexico.

I just wondered what all your opinions were? It seems like he's getting more and more hated across Europe and it now seems to be actually stemming to American hatred rather than just Anti-Bush feelings.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, just look at what happened in indonesia. That tsunami hit, and the U.S was among the top few countries in cash donations, as well as one of the only countries who offered troops support, ships, food, water, and other things! We helped out the most, and what happened in a few days? People were marching down the street holding signs saying they want the U.S. out. That REALLY pissed me off, as well as showed me the intelligence of the people in some of these countries
. The first one the vagrant lashes out at is the one giving him money.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well is nothing new and it should not be a surprised after the fiasco in Iraq and the way the president has portray itself to the world.

US sadly has now to pay for all the mistakes of the administration in the last four years and who knows what will come next.

When one nation in the world does something international it will affect every body around.

This is one earth and many nations not one nation in the entire earth.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That's right. It must be Bush's fault that the tsunami hit. It probably was his fault that the Earthquake hit.

The most negative polls cames from the very same countries that were involved with the Food for Arms scandal. Right now, I don't care what the polls say. Global polls have never affected my decisions, and they never will.

Nations have been against the US long before Bush came into office. All the presidents from Eisenhower (started us in Vietnam), Kennedy (continued us in Vietnam), Ford, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., and Clinton have all done something that the world did not like. Why is it a surprise the Bush such a low poll numbers.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, let see, Vietnam? It was VIETNAM! Know what Iraq is called? The NEW VIETNAM. Know why the world didn't like the US during the Vietnam War? Cause it was wrong! The people didn't want us there, the gov. we supported was as corrupt if not more then the Bush&Co. gov., and it was sending thousands to die for nothing. Just like today. Gee, world hates republicans and wars for no reason, go figure? The world doesn't like people who invade a country on lies, for oil, or for political means.(Vietnam) Iraq was not a threat, had no WMDs, didn't participate in 9/11(that was ALL Saudi Arabia, how come we not invading them?) no mass murders, nothing. All they had was oil. Knight, no one blames Bush for the tsunami, well, excpet for the people who think he is a Reptoid.....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by knights5629
That's right. It must be Bush's fault that the tsunami hit. It probably was his fault that the Earthquake hit.

We all know that Bush had nothing to do with the horrors that mother-nature can set loose on land and sea, but if there is anyone that actually beleives that Bush had anything to do with horrors,.... I'd say Bush brought that kind of thinking on hisself,........ pro-claiming to have serious conversations with GOD,..........
people may actually beleive that crap and think that Bush "asked" GOD to set mother-nature loose on those people so save him the trouble to possibly "wiping them out ", some day by invading those countries,....

Silly,...... that is just plain silly

IMO, Iraq, IS Bush's Vietnam War, and is a senseless waste of energy, man-power, and loss-of-life.

It doesn't matter any more anyway, we're stuck for four more years and He can and will do what ever he wants and not actually care,........ Bush thought he was the "choosen one" by GOD and wanted everyone to look up to him as if he was a god,.............. but Bush knows he's only a flesh and blood man that will bleed just like the rest of us,.......... thats why he needed all those armored-cars/trucks etc,.... surrounding him and Mrs. Bush to protect him because he knows that what he has been pulling over the past four years is/was wrong and he's pi$$ed-off to many people.

Myself, I'm just counting-down the days till we get rid of Bush once and for all in 2008,...............

[edit on 22-1-2005 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shibby
it now seems to be actually stemming to American hatred rather than just Anti-Bush feelings.

- Where does it say this?

My own experience in the UK is that by and large most loath the present US government and do see it as dangerous to world peace but there is one hell of a leap from that to claiming people here 'hate' Americans generally.

This is simply untrue.

It is true that the present visible version of the US religio-right is scarey as hell to many of us but that is not 'America' in her entirety, no matter how much they might fanytasize that they are.

Circle the wagons and join them in their paranoia and persecution-complex (as they, ironically, lash out at everyone and everything else), everybody?
I think not, they can be as loopy as they like on their own.

A moments thought might help with this.

Many if not most of us in Europe have US relatives, what the hell would we be doing 'hating' our own?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The reason being..... The most popular religion in the world is Islam. The free world views Bush's war on the "axis of evil" as a crusade for Christian propagation.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Thanks in part to Bushs bungled occupation of Iraq America has an image problem. It has nothing to do with being anti american. Polls like this one reflect peoples feelings towards Bushs road to disater in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxxofdeath
The reason being..... The most popular religion in the world is Islam. The free world views Bush's war on the "axis of evil" as a crusade for Christian propagation.

Actually, the most popular religion by numbers in the world is Christianity. Catholicism beats out every other religion.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
geography.about.com...

"With over 1.1 billion adherents, Islam is the world's most popular single religion.
Following Islam, Catholicism, Hinduism, Protestantism, and Buddhism round out the top five."

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
also noted in that link is that there are over 2 billion christians

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

it now seems to be actually stemming to American hatred rather than just Anti-Bush feelings.

- Where does it say this?

My own experience in the UK is that by and large most loath the present US government and do see it as dangerous to world peace but there is one hell of a leap from that to claiming people here 'hate' Americans generally.

This is simply untrue.

It is true that the present visible version of the US religio-right is scarey as hell to many of us but that is not 'America' in her entirety, no matter how much they might fanytasize that they are.

Circle the wagons and join them in their paranoia and persecution-complex (as they, ironically, lash out at everyone and everything else), everybody?
I think not, they can be as loopy as they like on their own.

A moments thought might help with this.

Many if not most of us in Europe have US relatives, what the hell would we be doing 'hating' our own?

Maybe hatred was too strong a word but.

Erm...right under the picture of Bush..."Negative feelings for Mr Bush extended to Americans as a whole"

and "Negative feelings about Bush are high and are generalising to the American people who re-elected him."

Yeah.

I was simply linking a poll. The poll isn't what I think and even if you have relatives in American, who cares? I haven't said you should hate American's. And please, people in the UK do hate America and American's, wake up to that fact please and stop living in denial.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Shibby]

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Shibby]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Maybe hatred was too strong a word but.

Erm...right under the picture of Bush..."Negative feelings for Mr Bush extended to Americans as a whole"

and "Negative feelings about Bush are high and are generalising to the American people who re-elected him."

Yeah.

- I have no doubt that people in the UK and Europe are responding as you have said, negatively.

But you original post said "hate" and this is what I questioned specifically.

I was simply linking a poll. The poll isn't what I think and even if you have relatives in American, who cares? I haven't said you should hate American's. And please, people in the UK do hate America and American's, wake up to that fact please and stop living in denial.

- How have I been in denial about anything?

You said hate. I disputed this.
I think I am correct as the poll you quote illustrates what I said (an enormous distrust and dislike for Bush and the US 'right') and not what you said at the begining (which was a general anti-American hatred).

Where is the "denial" in this truth?

Bush & Co (along with the electorate who support them) are not actually 'America', only a minority part of 'America', right?

top topics

join