It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman who once feared Guam could capsize compares Jewish settlers to 'termites'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is amazing that in this day and age someone can get elected to Congress that is not only a bigot, but also a stupid bigot. I can't believe this guy hasn't been subject to censure yet by the House. What a disgusting human being.

We don't need this kind of hatred and ignorance in 2016.

Rep. Hank Johnson, D- Ga., launched into a tirade against Israel and its policies toward the Palestinians, comparing Jewish people who live in disputed territories to “termites” that destroy homes. Johnson also compared Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, a remark that drew vocal agreement from those in the room.

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ah, Israel, the absolute pinnacle of freedom and human rights...

I mean, how dare anyone stick up for the palestinians...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Awesome, so blatant bigotry by members of Congress is okay with you?

Thank you for your input.

edit on 2016/7/25 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Damn, it's OK to have apartheid Israel, but hell no, South Africa's gotta go.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Take a look at the legislative map for Georgia. It has been drawn and engineered to almost guarantee this guy or someone like him gets re-elected. If Republicans did that (and they sometimes do) it would be called "gerrymandering," but if Dems do it, it's all about "equality."

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

In all fairness that is exactly what the Israeli people have been doing. They designate a zone for settlement then evict the inhabitants. Next comes the bulldozers and construction crews. Then in comes Israelis...how is this not comparable to how a termite colonizes?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. When the Palestinians enjoyed democracy, courtesy in large part to the Israelis, they elected Hamas, who immediately dismantled it and instituted a dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Antisemitism, bah. Who cares?

The capsizing island idea is much scarier to me.

I don't ever say this out loud, but what a @#$%ing idiot.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I was reading on a news site recently how the Israeli goverment had served writen notice to a number of Palestinians, letting them know their homes were gunna be bulldozed to make way for new houses for Israelis.

So in all honesty I can see Johnson's point. In fact I think he's perhaps holding back a little with his comments. Damn him!
edit on 08/06/82 by jamespond because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I couldnt give a damn about what you refer to as "bigotry" Anytime someone mentions Israel's despicable human rights abuses against the palestinians the PC words like "bigot" are sure to follow, If you were any sort of a decent human being you would be applauding that man for daring to call out the israelis for their despicable policies.

I shall await more "PC" word from your good self....

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Back then they enjoyed a lot more land aswell....

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

In all fairness that is exactly what the Israeli people have been doing. They designate a zone for settlement then evict the inhabitants. Next comes the bulldozers and construction crews. Then in comes Israelis...how is this not comparable to how a termite colonizes?

I suggest you have never been there. "Resettlement zones" don't evict Palestinians. They are largely bare tracts of land on which are built apartments to house "Right of Return" immigrants. These tracts are basically across the street, literally. I have a five acre parcel of land across the residential street from me. In Israeli terms and scale, "Building a settlement" is like building an apartment house across this street. People who have never been to Israel often imagine that these settlements are huge and take up a vast amount of territory, but the scale is vastly different. Most people who criticize Israel "building a settlement" have no real idea of what they are talking about.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

So name calling aside, are you aware of Israelies moving, literally moving in on Palestinian land and then spend all their energy making the Palestians lives hell in hope they'll move. Sometimes they also kill them.

Do you support Israel's illegal settlements AND rogue Israeli Outposters?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

stop being such a snowflake, Hank is just riding the wave of anti political correctness y'all are promoting here. What's the problem ? I thought you were anti PC,or does anti PC only apply when bashing muslims ?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I agree with him wholeheartedly.

If Palestinian children can be compared to rats by Likud's highest order to silence from you Israeli apologists...
Then every illegal Israeli settler can be likened to a termite.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

stop being such a snowflake, Hank is just riding the wave of anti political correctness y'all are promoting here. What's the problem ? I thought you were anti PC,or does anti PC only apply when bashing muslims ?

Lol he's sure outraged about this but won't denounce the Terrorist act of practicing apartheid done by the very Israelis he's defending.

The irony is overwhelming.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Take a look at the legislative map for Georgia. It has been drawn and engineered to almost guarantee this guy or someone like him gets re-elected. If Republicans did that (and they sometimes do) it would be called "gerrymandering," but if Dems do it, it's all about "equality."

if dems did it, they would have a person in congress that knows you can't capsize an island......

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

He never mentioned their religion it's just that the terroristic land thieves just happen to be Jews.

How would you feel if Hamas showed up with guns and bulldozers and erased your family?

The guy is right the settlers are termites.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
how does a person who is so stupid,that they think an island can capsize, even manage to get elected? his constituents must be so proud.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
how does a person who is so stupid,that they think an island can capsize, even manage to get elected? his constituents must be so proud.

Ask the people that voted for sheila jackson lee.
Remember her?
When the Mars rover was rolling around, she wondered if it landed anywhere near where the astronauts planted the flag.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join