It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Police Scanners Shut Down for DNC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So, what is planned ahead of time, that they don't want anyone recording, as it takes place?

That's the most obvious possibility to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

No clue really. It definitely seems odd.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Very odd. If something does happen, then we know it's shady. Claims that this is to protect the cops don't make a lot of sense to me. Anyone targeting them would just do so elsewhere. Has to be more to this.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I have seen NO proof of this being to protect the police as of yet, just the claim.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just like how the DNC disabled chat on their official live stream. Seems like the RNC is the party that has no issue with transparency and freedom of speech.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PV2Omni

Okay where does it say in that link that this was either the police or the DNC or broadcastify?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

I have seen NO proof of this being to protect the police as of yet, just the claim.

Well, they didn't do that for other events, so I dobt that's the reason here. Seems quite odd, all considered!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It is. I just curious who's decision it actually was. The timing is impecable. Sort of like the Twitter outage.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

That sounds like something they would do in a country they invaded so the enemy would not know what they are up to.
Are all American Citizens the enemy now?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

It is. I just curious who's decision it actually was. The timing is impecable. Sort of like the Twitter outage.

Yes! Funny thing, I was posting in another format yesterday, and the whole thing went wonky for a while, close to the same time the twitter issue was reported. I'd get a message that no internet connection was detected, and comments wouldn't post, but the internet was fine, and I could surf all over the place, while still getting those messages. NOT a connection issue, clearly. Everything else worked. So, that's another posting medium affected.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

That sounds like something they would do in a country they invaded so the enemy would not know what they are up to.
Are all American Citizens the enemy now?

Of course we are! Did you happen to catch that DHS document that was released some years back, by police, naming half the country as "potential terrorists"? Lots of discussion on that here, as well as other places.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join