It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a fun game to play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I like to do this with my Democratic friends. I give them a point to debate about and see if they will actually debate the point in contention or tack on over to "But that Trump guy did X". Totally unrelated to the discussion we were having. Case in point, the DNC emails. I asked "as a Dem, how do you feel about it?" Immediately the first two responses I got were
1). " Trump is in cahoots with Putin."

And

2) "Trump raped a 14 year old, did you know that?". Neither of them answered the question when immediately posed again.

Everytime they do the Trump tack without responding to the actual question posed, I have to drink. Needless to say I've been drinking a lot today.

I'm sure you could do this with Republicans too. Give it a try

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Can i play can i play, i am a canadian communist do, not sure if that works also, so when does the game start.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Can i play can i play, i am a canadian communist do, not sure if that works also, so when does the game start.

No sorry, Canadians don't get worked up enough about politics, unlike Trump does. You Canucks can't play.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

No sorry, Canadians don't get worked up enough about politics, unlike Trump does. You Canucks can't play.

What if i bring cookies

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I asked "as a Dem, how do you feel about it?" Immediately the first two responses I got were

Well your friend doesn't speak for everyone.

The answer to that question is easy, we were all saying it from the begging that the DNC wanted Hillary and it was going to happen.
Bernie made a great run at it, but in the end it was inevitable that he would not win.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I think the ones from Wasserman-Schultz were horrible. You should see my thread about that.

Oddly, conservatives actually do this in about a 2:1 ratio on this site.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'll check it out

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's because you can't express coherent support for Hillary and the DNC without looking like a hypocrite and a fool.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I asked "as a Dem, how do you feel about it?" Immediately the first two responses I got were

Well your friend doesn't speak for everyone.

The answer to that question is easy, we were all saying it from the begging that the DNC wanted Hillary and it was going to happen.
Bernie made a great run at it, but in the end it was inevitable that he would not win.

It's kind of sad that Sanders had to lose in such an underhanded manner. He probably would have won given a fair fight. I just had a Clinton supporter just call all the Sanders supporters whining hypocrites. Way to shore up the Sanders vote with talk like that.

It goes on with both sides, they just got caught with their pants down.
edit on 25-7-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Kinda, I lots of people were aware of the underhand but when Sanders started his surge then people had some hope.

I just had a Clinton supporter just call all the Sanders supporters whining hypocrites.

Meh, when the other side of the coin is Trump, I believe some will feel their hand is forced. I for one will not be voting for either. Going to write someone in.
Also again that one person does not speak for everyone.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I would say that supporting a DNC candidate after how thoroughly boned poor old Bernie got, not by the people, but by the party itself, would be the least Democratic thing one could do, short of starting a dictatorship.

I would also say that anyone voting for either candidate in this utter mess of an election, Clinton with her emails, flip flopping on the issues over the years, and her money connections, and Trump...because Trump, must have lost their damned minds, frankly speaking.

If I was a democrat in America right now, I would justly feel that the party I generally would favour, had abandoned the principles which drew me to it in the first place. I know that, because that is exactly how I felt about the Labour Party here in Britain, before Corbyn showed up, kicking it old school, and giving the middle finger to all those Red Tories that most UK Labour voters have had a strong dislike of for two decades or more.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You'd think. But this was the reply from the person who called Sanders supporters whining hypocrites:

"If they don't understand cut throat politics..shame on them. If they don't understand that is now down to trump and Hillary...shame on them.. Politics is an ugly business, cut throat and tough. The message goes beyond this. The party sided with the candidate that needed to win. The Republican Party handed the party to a freak. Bernie has a message, the party moved closer to it. Bernie, moved the party to register more voters. Bernie has a successful leadership role, and will continue to have one. His message is out there, it has been heard..the shift will take time, it's not an immediate change. Nothing ever is. We have time, we have the will, we have the right message. It will turn in favor of the people only if they come together and continue the message. All in all, NEVER Trump. I want us to move forward, bumps, bruises, whatever it takes. The world needs to be better for our children. I worry more about climate change, Separation of church and state, etc etc. let's stay real about this....

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
And I thought some right leaning people were scary. That lady scared me with those words. All we have to do is get the People behind the Party and It's message then we'll be alright. YikeS. Silly me, I thought it was the other way around

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Kinda, I lots of people were aware of the underhand but when Sanders started his surge then people had some hope.

I just had a Clinton supporter just call all the Sanders supporters whining hypocrites.

Meh, when the other side of the coin is Trump, I believe some will feel their hand is forced. I for one will not be voting for either. Going to write someone in.
Also again that one person does not speak for everyone.

But why would you say that about people your are politically courting. I think she spoke for a lot of democrats, they resented Sanders and what he stood for.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Heh.. Appeasers and compromisers.

There is a right way and a wrong way to choose a candidate. Choosing the lesser of two evils makes a person complicit in the result. No matter how evil one might (with bloody good reason) believe Trump to be, voting for Hilary is not an answer unless she is, herself, an honest, upstanding, respectable individual, and she just is not any of those things in the least.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
[a reply to: TrueBrit

You'd think. But this was the reply from the person who called Sanders supporters whining hypocrites:

"If they don't understand cut throat politics..shame on them. If they don't understand that is now down to trump and Hillary...shame on them.. Politics is an ugly business, cut throat and tough. The message goes beyond this. The party sided with the candidate that needed to win. The Republican Party handed the party to a freak. Bernie has a message, the party moved closer to it. Bernie, moved the party to register more voters. Bernie has a successful leadership role, and will continue to have one. His message is out there, it has been heard..the shift will take time, it's not an immediate change. Nothing ever is. We have time, we have the will, we have the right message. It will turn in favor of the people only if they come together and continue the message. All in all, NEVER Trump. I want us to move forward, bumps, bruises, whatever it takes. The world needs to be better for our children. I worry more about climate change, Separation of church and state, etc etc. let's stay real about this....

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I simply do not understand that response. The party should not be selecting Jack diddly. The people should. The people should be the only ones to choose who represents each party, and they should be the only ones to decide which party and leader thereof gains office.

Backwards. The whole bloody system is upside down.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I think she spoke for a lot of democrats, they resented Sanders and what he stood for.

Well I think you are wrong. That is thing about this anecdotal stuff, we can go tit for tat all day and both of use in reality could just be making stuff up.

You know that one persons opinion on the matter but she doesn't speak for anyone but her self.
And I doubt she personally is trying to court anyone, at least that is what I am assuming by the comments she is making.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Couldn't agree more. And the funny thing was this is coming from a so-called liberal Democrat. I bet if she heard a republican say that she would have gone ballistic on them for being a fascist.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Normally I'd agree with you on that but however she is posting that on a political debate group on Facebook. She is hardly the only democratic-leaning person to express those kind of views. You may not believe me but I'm being factual here.

True Hillary supporters despised Sanders almost as much as Trump. "Who is he to talk about a rigged system" was one comment I remember. They resented him even mounting a challenge.

I like to do this test, how many actual Hilliary supporters to Sanders, Trump or Johnson do you know? Try it, it's shocking. How did she actually win then?

top topics

join