It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 19 Killed, 45 Injured By Knife-Wielding Man In Japan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Having been stabbed, not sure that I wouldn't prefer being shot.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I was thinking about this event and then began thinking about eugenics. (I thought the killer was fatally taking matters into his own hands for some reason -- personal? The suffering of others caused his mind to snap? Mind control? There are many possibilities.) This led me to recall an article which came from Japan a while back about a Japanese leader stating the elderly should hurry up and die and not be a financial burden on the government.

The Guardian article

The patients at this facility where this man knifed so many people are between the ages of 19 and 75 and all have heart issues (according to a report) so it's not all elderly people but this theme that anyone who is no longer productive in the worldly sense should quickly die and make room for healthy, productive people is very apparent in society. It's also promoted by the New Order of Barbarians.

Maybe my thinking is off the wall in this case but that's where it went.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

if i recall correctly the Forrest at the base of mt fugi referred to as the "suicide forrest" is the same place were elderly and disabled would be taken to when they were no longer able to provide for them. The Japs are ruthless.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Yes! That's right!! I remember the gruesome stories about that place not too long ago. People are wired and conditioned to be productive in set ways in this world and when they no longer measure up to that standard they feel useless.

That reminds of the stories of Eskimos when they no longer feel useful to the tribe will go out on the ice and wait for a polar bear to take them.

Regardless, the killer's mind was snapped/possessed/deranged and he had no business doing what he did. It wasn't his call to make.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The Japanese appreciate and care for the elderly a lot better than western countries do.

Could we please stop spouting hateful crap and following it with the mug icon, like it makes it all hokey and ok? I can't stand that emoticon.

"_______ people are the worst! Cheers!"
edit on 25-7-2016 by MoreInterior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yeah. I heard of that movie. Not my cup of tea. Or sake. I'm sure it's loosely based off of a real thing(for a lack of a better word) but I fail to see how this "ruthlessness" is related to what happened here. A nutbar with an ax to grind. Pun intended.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am surprised at reaction time of killed Japanese people. Is it due to automation?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

Do you have any insight into a possibility as to why this person wanted to kill a whole bunch of disabled people?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Asahi Shimbun newspaper reported that the suspect was quoted by police as saying "I want to get rid of the disabled from this world."

Source

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: terminator292
I am surprised at reaction time of killed Japanese people. Is it due to automation?

Yes. People have become robots when it come to death. No humanity. Just how can I use this to my gain? Skynet is here.... AND IT'S PEOPLE!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The Japanese appreciate and care for the elderly

apparently not

Ubasute (姥捨て?, literally "abandoning an old woman", also called "obasute" and sometimes "oyasute" 親捨て "abandoning a parent") refers to the custom allegedly performed in Japan in the distant past, whereby an infirm or elderly relative was carried to a mountain, or some other remote, desolate place, and left there to die, either by dehydration, starvation, or exposure, as a form of euthanasia. The practice was allegedly most common during times of drought and famine, and was sometimes mandated by feudal officials.

so there are stories that directly go along with what i stated previosly.

not to mention they were a fierce warrior culture as can be known by just reading the history's.

so my statement was not out of line.

are you really worried about a mug icon? I can tell you are the most fierce social Justice warrior, i will cower before you......next time i see you

edit on 25-7-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

i wasnt talking about that movie although i did see it , i already have a better one in my head

how it applies is that any one willing to take the old and lame out for any reason is ruthless, and this is not the first time we have seen it

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I see no link there. When is that talking about?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
wow this killed more people than the Christian terrorists did in the Sarin gas attacks of '95

Crazies gassed over 5,000 people in subways the year before Timothy McVeigh blew up Oklahoma City federal building.

In five coordinated attacks, the perpetrators released sarin on several lines of the Tokyo subway during the rush hour, killing 12 people, severely injuring 50 and causing temporary vision problems for nearly 5,000 others. The attack was directed against trains passing through Kasumigaseki and Nagatachō, home to the Japanese government. It is the most serious attack to occur in Japan since the end of World War II.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

what link do u want?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

what link do u want?

To this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

what people are the worst?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

oh sorry u can google ubasute and see what im talking about is a story passed down from the ancient times ill throw a link in u want it

link

wikilink

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is fricken priceless. You DO know what "folklore" is, right?

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

oh sorry u can google ubasute and see what im talking about is a story passed down from the ancient times ill throw a link in u want it

link

And he was charged with his sisters murder.

wikilink

You are equating, and denigrating the Japanese people of today, because of their distant past. Are you sure you want to go there. We don't have to go that far back, maybe 60 years, to see nasty skeletons in America's.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Oddly enough, I was there in Tokyo in '95. In that same subway, I was approached by a young Japanese woman, telling me she loved Americans and asking if I wanted to go to a party. I politely declined the offer. And not a week later the gas attack happened. I am convinced she was part of it looking to kidnap American hostages.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join