It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Claims It Shot Down A US Warplane Over Iraq, Crew Reportedly Killed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

If I was posting as a moderator, it would be perfectly clear.

Isis making a claim means nothing. They claimed they shot down that C-130 that crashed in Iraq that turned out to be pilot error. They can make all the claims they want but that doesn't mean it happened, and it's hard to blame someone for an event that didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

MANPADS only work at low altitude, and against most modern fighter aircraft aren't nearly as effective as they once were.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You probably will find out in one of the next wikileaks releases

They probably have some Clinton emails that will shed some light on the situation

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
ISIS will take responsibility for anything that happens in order to gain more publicity. That being said the United States is currently denying that they have lost any plane over Iraq.

I just don't see any evidence that a plane was lost.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hopefully their "systems" are degrading over time.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
false terror claims Pentagon forced to refute claims that ISIS shot down US military aircraft in Iraq

Source

To the skunk works.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

The fact that their even refuting it make me think something was shot down, A top secret drone possibly?

The don't usually refute things that did not happen.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Not for me. They said it was a warplane with crew and claimed they were dead.

All warplanes are accounted for. They would not respond if there was something to it.

Typically.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Probably thought it was Russian. TOW came back to bite the hand that feeds it?

googled

link
edit on 25-7-2016 by intrptr because: second link

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Heres the response: "Where does it say a TOW missile shot down anything in your links?"

It doesn't. But the insurgents used one to down a Russian helicopter recently.

The Official story: Centcom has stated all their planes are accounted for.

The US military regularly denies all friendly fire incidents.
edit on 25-7-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Link of tow taking out a helicopter?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

Link of tow taking out a helicopter?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

The MSM as far as I could see wont even advertise the accusation of Putin. I haven't seen it anywhere.

The MSM want the sheep ONLY to concentrate on the political game not real news outside of the election sham they run every 4 years

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Awesome, thank you. That is one hell of a shot with a TOW.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not in my experience. They just don't respond.

And I was investigated twice for MLRS dumps in Iraq. Not my fault the operator didn't fire properly, I was targettig properly.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Bearing in mind there is no confirmation it was a TOW, just a supposition based on TOW missiles are in country, helicopters are slow, and that was a large warhead that struck the tail rotor.

Heat seekers would target engines instead. So they surmise it was a TOW.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not in my experience. They just don't respond.

And I was investigated twice for MLRS dumps in Iraq. Not my fault the operator didn't fire properly, I was targeting properly.

Thanks for the correction. Sorry about the MLRS accident. An area weapon is harder to control.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It could still be a stinger or some such. If you watch the vid you see a few flashes before it blows. That's counter measures kicking in. Also as it goes down it tilts before the drop, that is likely damage to the rear rotor, but as it goes down the tail is intact still. TOW do a lot of damage as they are meant for armor, which a lot of helos lack. They definitely didn't "hit" it, but probably suffered the damage from the counter measures popping the missile too close.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It wasn't six-pack bomblet rockets. It was ATACMS, on both accounts. After the official war was over in 03 and the occupation began we weren't firing a lot of area munitions. Hence the investigations.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It could still be a stinger or some such. If you watch the vid you see a few flashes before it blows. That's counter measures kicking in. Also as it goes down it tilts before the drop, that is likely damage to the rear rotor, but as it goes down the tail is intact still. TOW do a lot of damage as they are meant for armor, which a lot of helos lack. They definitely didn't "hit" it, but probably suffered the damage from the counter measures popping the missile too close.

Mmm Not sure about flares. Flares would extend away from the air frame. Flashes could have been weapons discharge.

Eat: Yah, go fill screen you see the smoke puffs from rockets being fired. That also lends to TOW, they never saw or detected it coming. And it exploded aft on impact wth the tail, not center like a heat seeker hitting the engines or exhaust cowlings.
edit on 25-7-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join