It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Claims It Shot Down A US Warplane Over Iraq, Crew Reportedly Killed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ive just seen this story on Zero hedge, it is unconfirmed at the moment but i wanted to post just incase it turns out to be true

Local sources report that a US jet was downed by Islamic State militants in the vicinity of Ain Al-Assad base west of Anbar. The reports remain unconfirmed as no video footage or pictures have been published. Though, the event has been reported by ISIS’s media wing, Amaq.

Here's the link to Zerohedge, if anyone else has more info feel free to post below

www.zerohedge.com... ed-us-warplane-over-iraq

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Wow, Just as i was writing that post the Headline on Zerohedge changed to say the US is denying that a warplane has been shot down

Here is the new link to the new headline
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

My initial thoughts when I saw the title were:

"Probably orchestrated (and was purposely allowed to happen) as a way for Obama's administration and U.S. in general to refute Putin's claims that Obama is fighting a 'fake war' with them"

But that's just the tin foil hat-FamCore speaking.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I hope it in fact did NOT happen and everyone is okay, but the world is a messy place right now

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The last aircraft reported down in Anbar was many years ago. There are zero reports right now of an aircraft down.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I was hoping to get a report f4om you Zaphod as zero hedge has zero credibility.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It happens. Thanks for keeping an eye on things for us.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Gulf of Tonkin incident via 2016

(just a thought, if this is even true)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

There was an F-16 and a SIGINT C-12 that crashed in Iraq in March, but all five crew between the two aircraft were rescued.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Right on, Totally agree, But Zerohedge is usually a pretty reliable source for info, Just want to get this out there incase it was in fact some breaking news. I did state it was unconfirmed though.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"ISIS claims responsibility"

In other words TPTB will blame Assad and Russia

Watch and see...

Uncle Sam: My creation can do no harm therefore it was Russia and Assad.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Blame them for what? There's zero evidence anything happened.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Mmmmm......just as I'd hoped, that no plane shot down.

But then my question became...............does ISIS have anything they could shoot one of our Aircraft down with?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

They have at least a couple systems captured that could be threats, depending on the type of aircraft in question and what part of the mission.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

My initial thoughts when I saw the title were:

"Probably orchestrated (and was purposely allowed to happen) as a way for Obama's administration and U.S. in general to refute Putin's claims that Obama is fighting a 'fake war' with them"

But that's just the tin foil hat-FamCore speaking.

Yeah you guys are always here to deflect form the actions of Islamic terror by blaming everyone else.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Possibly, There was rumours that the saudis gave them manpads a while back to shoot down russian jets, this is said to be the reason the russians pulled most of their jets out, also isis has quite a bit of cash flow, so could possibly buy something on the black market.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yeah you guys are always here to deflect form the actions of Islamic terror by blaming everyone else.

Erm, Have you seen me "deflecting from the actions of islamic terror" on here before? because that would be strange considering this is my first day on ATS.

And cut the BS, i know exactly what isis is and who is behind it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

There's plenty of "evidence". It's evident that isis is claiming responsibility is it not? That's a start. It's no proof but the claim itself is a form of evidence.

Since when does forum moderation discourage speculation? You must have missed the part where I said (if this is even true)

Geez no wonder nobody posts around here anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Wow, Just as i was writing that post the Headline on Zerohedge changed to say the US is denying that a warplane has been shot down

Here is the new link to the new headline
www.zerohedge.com...

Well it is zerohedge we are talking about here. I don't trust that site one bit. It is just as bad as super station 95.
edit on 25-7-2016 by defiythelie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420

There's plenty of "evidence". It's evident that isis is claiming responsibility is it not? That's a start. It's no proof but the claim itself is a form of evidence.

Since when does forum moderation discourage speculation? You must have missed the part where I said (if this is even true)

Geez no wonder nobody posts around here anymore.

I personally have not seen "plenty of evidence" that ISIS shot down a US plane. If i said that a super model took me to a Slayer concert this morning is that also evidence that it happened or is it just me making a currently unsubstantiated claim?

Additionally where did Zaphod discourage speculation or do you just want it to be like GLP-BIN where people make up stories and then like minded people agree?

ev·i·dence
ˈevədəns/Submit
noun
the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join