It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics of Mass Hynotism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Most of us have been to magic shows on stage and come back amazed. The magicians allegedly use mass hypnotism to perform their tasks. so what would be the physics behind such mass hypnotism which even hypnotises not only humans but the cameras filming the magic show too. One may argue that dark forces are at work, then what is the physics behind these dark forces?
Hope someone from ats can enlighten.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sorry to break it to you, but stage magicians don't hypnotize anybody (or any cameras), nor are there any "dark forces at work". It's all illusion, misdirection, and distraction...
edit on 7/25/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I blame YouTube

but no physics and magic shouldn't be in the same sentence unless you work for a prop department.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Most of us have been to magic shows on stage and come back amazed. The magicians allegedly use mass hypnotism to perform their tasks. so what would be the physics behind such mass hypnotism which even hypnotises not only humans but the cameras filming the magic show too. One may argue that dark forces are at work, then what is the physics behind these dark forces?
Hope someone from ats can enlighten.
No.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I really thought this was going to be a thread about mass media's manipulation of the populace through scientifically vetted processes. Much like how a movie or a book can lead you into expressing and feeling certain emotions. Which would have been a worthy topic to discuss.

a reply to: Nochzwei

edit on 25-7-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Sorry to break it to you, but stage magicians don't hypnotize anybody (or any cameras), nor are there any "dark forces at work". It's all illusion and distraction...

and manipulating the humans innate desire to please and be part of a group.

That said...the things Rasputin was able to do were beyond simple aptitude. He was truly a "magician" casting spells of charisma and suggestion.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Mass Hypnotism at a stage show? Wherever did you get that idea from?? It is simply entertainment, The magician was able to keep the audience's attention all night because he was entertaining them.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I really thought this was going to be a thread about mass media's manipulation of the populace through scientifically vetted processes. Much like how a movie or a book can lead you into expressing and feeling certain emotions. Which would have been a worthy topic to discuss.

Me too, but now that BFFT has mentioned it, a thread on Rasputin along these lines would be quite interesting.

On topic: As stated by ATD above. No dark forces needed. Just lots of training.
edit on 7/25/2016 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Illusionists are highly skilled at what they do, and they can have ingenious equipment and clever tricks. The really good illusionists (both the stage variety and the street variety) can be immensely entertaining...

...But no. Stage and/or street magicians are not hypnotizing people or practicing dark arts. The things they perform are called "tricks" and "illusions" because they are tricks and illusions. They could be very ingenious tricks and illusions that may require great dexterity, skillful set-up, or a cleverly engineered piece of equipment, but they are tricks and illusions nevertheless.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Mass hypnotism isn't what magicians do, that is about tricking you into observing something else.

Mass hypnotism is the governments job, it is part of our conditioning. There is a lot of this utilized in our economic policies.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
DP
edit on 25-7-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Mass hypnotism isn't what magicians do, that is about tricking you into observing something else.

Mass hypnotism is the governments job, it is part of our conditioning. There is a lot of this utilized in our economic policies.
there ought to be some physics behind tricking you to observing something else. or maybe dark forces.

A magician is supposed to arrive on stage at 9 pm, but purposely arrives 15 mins late. all the audience is visibly agitated about this. though the magician arrives and calmly says ladies and gentlemen please look at your watches. everyone looks and it shows 9 pm not 9:15. This i would say is mass hypnotism and it happened in london's royal albert hall

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not everybody can be hypnotized so even if he got some people to misread their watch, it wouldn't happen to everybody. What you're suggesting does not exist. There are illusions of mass hypnosis, like this one, but it's just an illusion/misdirection, not mass hypnosis.

Not Getting Sleepy? Not Everyone Can Be Hypnotized

The brains of people who can be easily hypnotized are different than the brains of people who can’t be hypnotized, according to new research from the Stanford University School of Medicine.
So even if some people misread their watch, there are others who read it correctly, though I see no source for your claim and it contradicts what's known about people who aren't subject to hypnosis.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

yes all people did misread their watches and that was the magicians first act. his name is p.c sarkar

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

yes all people did misread their watches and that was the magicians first act. his name is p.c sarkar
You mean P. C. Sorcar? Here's a direct quote saying he doesn't hypnotize the audience:

P. C. Sorcar Jr.

Shock element acts seem to be Sorcar Junior's forte-the Elephorse (elephant turning into a horse), Vish Kanya (girl turning into a python). "I don't hypnotise people," he says. "I only misdirect people psychologically."
That's what everybody here has been trying to tell you but you can't ever seem to get your facts straight, not even the guy's name.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There was ONE famous mass hypnosis episode, and here it is...watch this several times.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Do you mean P.C. Sorcar? He was a very famous Indian illusionist who was extremely popular in Europe in the 1950s and 1960s. His son and grandson are also illusionists, and I think they also perform this trick that was originally performed by the father/grandfather.

Do you have anything other than anecdotal information about the watch trick? Could it be that he used the power of suggestion (not hypnosis) to make people think it was later than it was, such as have the clocks in the theater set later, or had a clock near the stage that was visible to that audience that was set late -- i.e., providing many visual clues and prompts to the audience making many of them (the ones who don't look at their watches) believe it was later than it really was? Many of the people may have been using those clocks to "know" the time rather than looking at their watches (because those clocks were conveniently provided to the audience). Possibly, he then would set those clocks back to the correct time immediately before declaring that he was not late, so....abracadabra...when people check their watches and looked at those clocks again, it was suddenly earlier than they thought.

I'm not saying that's what he did, but you are not providing enough information about it for me to say "Yep, there is no other explanation -- he must have hypnotized them."

edit on 2016-7-26 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

pc sorcar/sarkar sr, is who i am talking about and he received a standing ovation for his first act

though the junior sorcar will not agree to hypnotism for some unknown reason.
but anyway be that as it may, i am searching for the physics behind their acts

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

pc sorcar/sarkar sr, is who i am talking about and he received a standing ovation for his first act

Many mentalists use the power of suggestion, which doesn't rely on hypnotism per se but rather relies on being a student of human nature and learning how to read people and manipulate people. Mentalists are highly skilled in understanding human nature, but it is still for all intents and purposes a trick -- tricking a person's or peoples' minds through manipulation.

Mentalists are illusionists who use human nature to pull off their illusions.

edit on 2016-7-26 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Many mentalists use the power of suggestion, which doesn't rely on hypnotism per se but rather relies on being a student of human nature and learning how to read people and manipulate people. Mentalists are highly skilled in understanding human nature, but it is still for all intents and purposes a trick -- tricking a person's or peoples' minds through manipulation.

Mentalists are illusionists who use human nature to pull off their illusions.

the camera is also filming illusions, so what camera nature is at play, or is the camera also human?

top topics

join