It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked DNC Documents Show Plans To Reward Big Donors With Federal Appointments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The level of corruption at the DNC is almost unbelievable. There are so many issues with these clowns that I had to pick one that I thought was the closest to bordering on illegal. I mean you just can't make this stuff up.

The DNC and Hillary have promised donors Federal appointments. This is coming from their own emails. I mean how do you more blatantly break ethical if not legal boundaries?

Do we REALLY need more proof that these political parties are completely corrupt? It really makes me sick to my stomach what these people will do to get money and buy votes.

Democratic National Committee documents recently released by WikiLeaks include spreadsheets and emails that appear to show party officials planning which donors and prominent fundraisers to provide with appointments to federal boards and commissions.

The documents, which were circulated among top DNC officials in April, could raise legal questions for the party, says Ken Boehm, the chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center, a government watchdog group.

“The disclosed DNC emails sure look like the potential Clinton Administration has intertwined the appointments to federal government boards and commissions with the political and fund raising operations of the Democratic Party,”

Boehm told The Daily Caller. “That is unethical, if not illegal.”

Source

edit on 2016/7/25 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This is politics as usual...what the hell do people hold signs for when it's time to vote even for mayors in your local cities..everybody is looking for a handout after...none of this should be a surprise but it's sad that it will continue even though more people might be aware of these types of shenanigans.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It will be very interesting to see when she wins if these people are appointed...and sadly we all know she is going to win..

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

It will be very interesting to see when she wins if these people are appointed...and sadly we all know she is going to win..

It might be hard for her to follow through on these appointments now that they have been exposed. I agree she is going to win which is in itself amazing given how blatantly evil the woman has shown herself to be.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
its disgraceful. at a time when the US is under a lot of scrutiny by allies. we won't be able to weigh in on issues abroad as much as we do now.

the Clinton's should be barred from politics. all of them.
but I believe these tactics are prevalent in both parties.
the dems just happen to have been hacked.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The clintons should be barred, period - all of them

But no, the other side likely isn't much better... although the clinton foundation and anyone tied to it are probably the scum of the earth. The other side just lost the race to the bottom.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's only illegal when republicans do it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The level of corruption at the DNC is almost unbelievable. There are so many issues with these clowns that I had to pick one that I thought was the closest to bordering on illegal. I mean you just can't make this stuff up.

The DNC and Hillary have promised donors Federal appointments. This is coming from their own emails. I mean how do you more blatantly break ethical if not legal boundaries?

Do we REALLY need more proof that these political parties are completely corrupt? It really makes me sick to my stomach what these people will do to get money and buy votes.

Democratic National Committee documents recently released by WikiLeaks include spreadsheets and emails that appear to show party officials planning which donors and prominent fundraisers to provide with appointments to federal boards and commissions.

The documents, which were circulated among top DNC officials in April, could raise legal questions for the party, says Ken Boehm, the chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center, a government watchdog group.

“The disclosed DNC emails sure look like the potential Clinton Administration has intertwined the appointments to federal government boards and commissions with the political and fund raising operations of the Democratic Party,”

Boehm told The Daily Caller. “That is unethical, if not illegal.”

Source

Oh have no doubt, this is literally how all politics works now.. I work for local government. Every senior leader in my office is a political appointee.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Political appointment AKA a title. Might as well just start calling people lords, barons, etc as there is no difference.

We are living in feudalism folks, time to realize this. Both republicans and democrats are burning this country down around us and feeding us its ashes.

Stop being followers.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Are you new to politics? This happens with every single administration. How else do you think so many of these high level positions get filled, particularly ambassadors? It's literally a case of "the people who help the most get rewarded for their efforts". Do you know what a "bundler" is?

ETA: Here's an article from 2007 to get everyone started.
Explainer: What Is a Bundler?

That mission is beyond reach of even a high-tech, fully-staffed campaign. So the campaign builds networks of bundlers to solicit their friends and colleagues. Bundlers work phones and stage events. Sometimes they get checks; sometimes they recruit other bundlers. All of the money counts toward the original bundler's tally at campaign headquarters.

And yes, the campaigns do keep track. In 1999, President Bush's campaign organized the "Pioneers," who pledged to raise $100,000 each. The 2004 Bush campaign upped the ante: it added $200,000 "Rangers." There were also "Super Rangers," who raised an additional $50,000 for the Republican National Committee. Pioneers and Rangers could buy souvenir pins and cufflinks, and they were invited to presidential cook-outs.

Many of them also got presidential appointments, government contracts, opportunities to influence agency decisions, and other favors.

This year, Hillary Clinton's $100,000 bundlers are dubbed "HillRaisers." Republican Sen. John McCain has "McCain 100s" and "McCain 200s." Republican Rudolph Giuliani, the former New York City mayor and devoted Yankees fan, has "All-American Sluggers" at $50,000 and "All-American Team Captains" at $1 million.

edit on 25-7-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
Political appointment AKA a title. Might as well just start calling people lords, barons, etc as there is no difference.

We are living in feudalism folks, time to realize this. Both republicans and democrats are burning this country down around us and feeding us its ashes.

Stop being followers.

Then there is Trump, looking to appoint actual qualified people instead of handing out table scraps to the donor dogs.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I can't believe I'm reading this on ATS.

Every political system, everywhere, makes promises to supporters.

Pretending that this is not a fact, or that there is something unique about the DNC, is patently absurd.

Pure political theatre.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Next, people will be complaining that the new President, new mayors, and new governors will be appointing strategic allies into their Cabinets. The horror! It reminds me of this:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Selling government positions for cash???

How is this not a jailable offense?

Is there literally nothing they won't stoop to?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

NO, NO, NO, THIS CAN'T BE TRUE, WE LIVE IN THE GREATEST DEMOCRACY THAT HAS EVER EXISTED. OUR LEADERS CAN'T ALL BE CROOKS AND LYING SYCOPHANTS, CAN THEY?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
CORRUPTION IS IN YOU FACE! HAVE YOU HAD ENOUGH OR DO YOU WANT SOME MORE!!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I got a hundred bucks if I can be a US Marshal.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

This is politics as usual...what the hell do people hold signs for when it's time to vote even for mayors in your local cities..everybody is looking for a handout after...none of this should be a surprise but it's sad that it will continue even though more people might be aware of these types of shenanigans.

Exactly. It is not something new. People have always connected the dots. Now, there is proof. Would be even better if someone can get their hands on the GOP's special list as well. Would also love to see which names happen to appear on both.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
CORRUPTION IS IN YOU FACE! HAVE YOU HAD ENOUGH OR DO YOU WANT SOME MORE!!

It seems most Americans only have a problem with corruption when it's being perpetrated by the "other side" and are more than willing to justify or ignore it when it's "their" party.

A nation of people who lack integrity. A nation that deserves whatever negative fate befalls it with the next "leader"

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

There is corruption all over the place and in both parties.

The thing that I keep thinking (in only a partially joking way) is what is with Democrats and e-mails?!?!?!?!

You've got Hillary's homebrew.

Lois Lerner's "oops, the dog ate my e-mails... and hard drives... and back-up"

Now this DNC hoopla.

I swear, sometimes I don't know who is the worst with thinking about how they handle their electronic footprints. The elderly, the very young, or Democrats that wish to rule...?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join