It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are They Mechanical or Do They Just Imitate Nuts-and-Bolts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Tjoran

That is a brilliant observation... why didn't I think of that before! Seriously, can you imagine if that is actually the case here? The implications are staggering to say the least. Would that, in turn, lend some credence to the idea that they could be extradimensional /intradimensional entities? Or, perhaps beings of pure light, photonic entities?

I know, it makes a lot of sense,actually.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I keep coming back to the Rutledge study. Mainly because it scientifically justifies what I have witnessed. I have searched online to find any mention of what he may have figured out. It seems he did not want to offer "speculation" but would rather let his study stand on its own merits.

I did find an article one time by a journalists that knew him personally. He wrote that Mr. Rutledge did expound upon the subject but he asked him to never tell anyone what he had said. I wish I could have had a chat with him. There are some newspaper clippings from Rutledges early work:

www.reddit.com...

In one artcle he mentions " this could have something to do with religion".

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: standingwave
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I have been looking a lot into the quantum side of things recently and it's really beginning to question my view on reality. Especially with the possible connection to quantum and consciousness and the ability to possibly manipulate matter with "thought" sort of.

But that's a whole other can of worms isn't it. However, I think a lot of the things we see can be explained with quantum reality, and once we understand more we could get a better picture of what these crafts actually are.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

I have been looking a lot into the quantum side of things recently and it's really beginning to question my view on reality. Especially with the possible connection to quantum and consciousness and the ability to possibly manipulate matter with "thought" sort of.

But that's a whole other can of worms isn't it. However, I think a lot of the things we see can be explained with quantum reality, and once we understand more we could get a better picture of what these crafts actually are.

That runs you down the road to thinking " is this whole thing an illusion, or is it real"? A really crazy place to be.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Tjoran

That is a brilliant observation... why didn't I think of that before! Seriously, can you imagine if that is actually the case here? The implications are staggering to say the least. Would that, in turn, lend some credence to the idea that they could be extradimensional /intradimensional entities? Or, perhaps beings of pure light, photonic entities?

Oh shiit, I did not even think about possible photonic entities. I wonder how that would work..

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: standingwave

That runs you down the road to thinking " is this whole thing an illusion, or is it real"? A really crazy place to be.

The best place to be is down that rabbit hole

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Tjoran

I can't fathom how such a being might exist but it is one way to explain how they might be able to discern if they are being observed, just as actual photons behave according to observation. Mind boggling.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I vote for (a) 98% misidentification (b) an occasional physical object with unusual optical properties, including fuzzy borders/cloud/light effects, as a result of consequences of its engineering such as 1) optical stealth 2) plasma 3) cerenkov radiation

atoms + radiation, not woo.

edit on 25-7-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Tjoran

I can't fathom how such a being might exist but it is one way to explain how they might be able to discern if they are being observed, just as actual photons behave according to observation. Mind boggling.

I like star treks version of it. Holograms, Perhaps it could happen naturally somewhere in the universe.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

I vote for (a) 98% misidentification (b) an occasional physical object with unusual optical properties, including fuzzy borders/cloud/light effects, as a result of consequences of its engineering such as 1) optical stealth 2) plasma 3) cerenkov radiation

The only option of yours I may be able to consider ( at least in regards to my experience and the late professors), is ( B ). Only then you will have to explain how such an object can be engineered to split itself into two distinct objects, fly along a considerable distance from each other, then once again merge, with the only by product of changing in brightness and timing of pulsations.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Tjoran

I like star treks version of it. Holograms, Perhaps it could happen naturally somewhere in the universe.
There is so much out there, its a high possibility it could happen naturally. In the vastness of space and stars, I wouldnt rule out anything.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I believe the possibilities about what the ufo's are, are as limitless as to type of life form they are, could be. In believing that life is everywhere out there, and also the possibility that some of the occupants of the ufo's could be thousands, millions, maybe even a billion years or more, more advanced than we are. Some of the occupants of some type of vehicles are possibly drone or robotic in nature as well as anything else you could possibly imagine.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I sometimes think -- in my non-expert opinion -- that the really weird, unexplainable UFOs are a kind of "semi-real" thing that we have a hard time understanding due to our limited sensory abilities and limited intelligence. We see them as machines, because that's the closest thing we're familiar with that we can assign to them at our level of understanding.

If you're a cat, you see mice all the time. That's the way your brain is wired. When we see something (or an aspect of something) odd pop out of some kind of multiple dimension (or wherever), we try to make sense of it in the only way we know how, so we say it's a "machine."

Who knows what it really might be. We don't know, because it is out of context, and it may have components to it that we just can't fathom. I also think that a lot of our difficulty with this stuff is our limited ability to perceive time. We have a kind of instinctual understanding of the way time works, but that could be way, way different than the way time really is.

I could be wrong. I'm about as smart as anybody about this stuff, but I'm still human. I can't be much smarter than just a human being.
edit on 25-7-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

standingwave

Personally, and I don't like talking about this but what the hell, I have witnessed unidentified flying lights that were utterly silent suddenly (for lack of a more academic vernacular) shapeshift into what appeared to be a small single engine aircraft complete with obnoxious engine sounds and running lights where none had previously been observable.

Frankly, I don't care what anyone thinks I grew up around an airport and while I may not have the expertise posessed by others, I am not a slouch and I know what I saw.

Strange things.

I have seen the exact same thing...with witnesses.
To make things even more odd, the plane appeared to have Christmas lights draped around it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I believe the vast majority of real UFOs,( by real I mean disk, triangles, cigars, orbs, ect ect), are nut and bolt craft manufactured here on Earth by various governments. I would bet 99.999% of real UFO sightings, I am not including misidentification of planes and the like, are sightings of secret craft. However, I do believe a small percent are seeing something other than government craft. I don't know if the small percent are physical craft , but I do believe the UFO phenomenon as a whole goes beyond nuts and bolts.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: standingwave

originally posted by: mbkennel

The only option of yours I may be able to consider ( at least in regards to my experience and the late professors), is ( B ). Only then you will have to explain how such an object can be engineered to split itself into two distinct objects, fly along a considerable distance from each other, then once again merge, with the only by product of changing in brightness and timing of pulsations.

The most economical explanation is that the objects didn't actually do that, it was either two objects all along which were not always visible or alterations of appearance, intentional or not or alterations of properties of the atmosphere to make it seem like more than one.

Human perception is also not as reliable as people believe. Modern neuroscience & cognitive experiments show a very substantial internal 'painting' of perceived scenes not from observed photons but interpolated from low-level neurological expectations & structures. Furthermore, experience and evolution is designed for daytime ground level scenes of ordinary nature and astrophysical objects are pretty different.

So, having brain fill in moving dots from here to there and appearance of motion where there is none is quite possible.

Going on to more exotic physics, if one supposes a kind of "warp drive" dealing with alterations of inertia/gravity not known to conventional technology, then such a thing would inevitably have unusual optical properties as well thanks to general relativistic principles: e.g. engineered gravitational lensing. It is now standard astrophysical analysis to find multiple images of the same galaxy as a result of perturbation from gravitational fields, and these are used quantitatively in various ways.

Substantial photographic evidence from a telescope would be more convincing to me. There are telescopes which can image satellites in orbit. Have we ever seen one for these UFO's?
edit on 27-7-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I witnessed a "solid craft" from about twenty feet away. It looked like aluminum, it was about the size of a city bus, and had lights all over the front of it. The object appeared to be mechanical in nature. It was silent and made a hovering motion as it moved. I am convinced that it was a mechanical craft with advanced technology, antigravity capabilities

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I believe you're quite right regarding context and perception. The seemingly physical reality our brains have evolved within, provides us with context to perceive things in a purely physical manner. The path of least resistance for our brains, and therefore, our survival on Earth. Once that context is perturbed our perceptions are unable to reliably allow us to understand beyond the context of our physical realm. More importantly, time, for humans (all sentient beings on earth?), is a construct of this physical world and any perturbation of time consequently affects our perception of time (i.e. reports of objects splitting and then merging back as one or seeing an object disappear and simultaneously reappear distances away). Piggy-backing off what you said, I believe a great deal of these phenomena our out of our physical context and our perception of time could by way, way off, thus the continued questions of what is occurring. And the lack of any answers.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My first experience was in Los Angeles . I was around 5 yr old and I can remember like it was yesterday.
A red sphere dancing in the sky and then it shot straight to the moon.
New years 2013 @ 12:15 I seen the same UFO except this time there were 4 or 5 of them. It was a beautiful experience. I would have to say they are plasma definitely not nuts and bolts.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have seen it in different forms and that is why i am starting to get fed up.
Because if it was only one type of alien visiting us i (we) after more than 50 year searching would have solved it.
One the top of this some (all) of them are aware of when they are spotted.
The only way we will understand it is when they decide it is time, and then they better come up with a good explanation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join