It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey attacking allied bases in wake of failed coup?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

Interesting article...however...I don't know anything about this web sight.

It appears to be an Anti-western and possibly a pile of poo with sprinkles of truth.

rationalwiki.org...

But who can tell anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

I think you are dead on so maybe Turkey has just given up and are pulling out the all stops (on the downlow )

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

reports of Putin on the brink of invading Poland as NATO bases have been bumping up staff, supplies and weapons surrounding Russia

The only thin that came up in search is some scattered ramblings, care to provide any useful link at least, you know, in the name of "denying ignorance"
edit on 25-7-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Could you imagine what would happen if we asked to Turkey to give back all our toys?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Globalresearch is a pile of poo.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

An interesting article but shifty wording there...the US claims to be keeping troops on base while Turkey claims to be guarding the base. Also last I heard still no power or water and they were living off rations all while still flying bombing missons. ..that was a few days ago I read something will have to look for it... No question Turkey is super important for the ongoing Syria invasion...or ISIS invasion or war or whatever it is. If things go south in Turkey the allies fighting in Syria will be screwed!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yes I was reading about it recently I'm going to try to find my source and come back to you...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

well where do you think the oil ISIS was selling went? (through Turkey)

And do you guys remember the 2 gas attacks?

It appears both came through turkey.. And had nothing to do with Assad. (looked like "alqueda guys" )

consortiumnews.com...

In a Memorandum of Oct. 1, 2013, we asked each of you to make public the intelligence upon which you based your differing conclusions on who was responsible for the sarin chemical attack at Ghouta, outside Damascus on Aug. 21, 2013. On Dec. 10, 2015, Eren Erdem, a member of parliament in Turkey, citing official documents, blamed Turkey for facilitating the delivery of sarin to rebels in Syria.

The General Prosecutor in the Turkish city of Adana opened a criminal case, and an indictment stated “chemical weapons components” from Europe “were to be seamlessly shipped via a designated route through Turkey to militant labs in Syria.” Erdem cited evidence implicating the Turkish Minister of Justice and the Turkish Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation in the smuggling of sarin.

The Operation

According to Erdem, the 13 suspects arrested in raids carried out against the plotters were released just a week after they were indicted, and the case was closed — shut down by higher authority. Erdem told RT that the sarin attack at Ghouta took place shortly after the criminal case was closed and that the attack probably was carried out by jihadists with sarin gas smuggled through Turkey.

www.reuters.com...

U.N. has testimony that Syrian rebels used sarin gas: investigator

U.N. human rights investigators have gathered testimony from casualties of Syria's civil war and medical staff indicating that rebel forces have used the nerve agent sarin, one of the lead investigators said on Sunday.

The United Nations independent commission of inquiry on Syria has not yet seen evidence of government forces having used chemical weapons, which are banned under international law, said commission member Carla Del Ponte.

SO It's quite clear that Certain people in Turkey know way too much about this current "ISIS" deal..

Turkey has been doing the US bidding in Syria...
It's obvious if they try to play both sides us and Russia, one or both of us is going to throw turkey under the bus.

edit on 25-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This fire is symbolic of the utter stupidity of Obama and his everything is alright posture.

He’s such a lame it’s very possible he and Hillary will lose to Trump.

As tragic as that is it will almost be justified in that Obama is such a clueless leader.

The world is almost spinning into a swarm of disasters and he’s pretending everything’s alright while it’s obviously not.

From searing racial issues, unemployment and the economic blight of our cities, to the breakdown of NATO, EU, ME all these crumbling issues and Obama just wants to cruise into retirement pretending he’s been a good leader…

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Very true, I also read somewhere that the sarin gas was chemically different than the gas stockpiled by Syria, Have a guess which country the chemical makeup of the gas matched......

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Old article.

Power is only out to a small section of the northern base. Water has been restored.

C4I is up and running and planes are flying again.

Remeber it's a NATO base. Force protection is ALWAYS done by the host nation. There are more than americans there. There are Slovenians, Brits, Frenchies, and nearly every other NATO members present.
edit on 25-7-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I have another post about this going in WW3 category this is one of many articles released today- this one someone else posted in my other thread...
www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yes now my husband just shouted to me from downstairs that the British SAS are poised to pull out of Turkey...I'm going to go search for a source on that.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Post it if you find it. PLEASE.

This would be a HUGE deal.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Ahh bit of an error British SAS are poised to RESCUE Britons if there should be another coup attempt...line readers

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Which country?? US? Israel? Or... Russia/China?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Possibly all of them, but most definitely Isreal/US, They have the same middle east agenda, Now that i come to think of it, Exclude China from that possible list, It's not their style to get involved.

The Russians are the wildcard here, 6 months ago they would have been delighted to see erdogan gone, But now, With the US turning against him, He may be useful to them, The Russians need an oil pipeline to go through turkey and it isnt going to happen with the US there, And getting rid the NATO airbase with the Nukes pointed at Russia would be a massive win for Putin, If the US has turned on erdogan, the only person on planet earth that might be able save his ass is Putin (China does not rescue people) Putin is a smart man, he will ask for a lot of concessions if erdogan needs his help.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I agree except I really think China is moving in to support Russia...just my speculation alone and the meetings recently between their heads of state...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Also so true NATO and the US must have Turkey for their jumping off point if Russia were to colab with Turkey it could spell huge problems especially loss of NATO bases there. Consequently I think Turkey is taking advantage and being VERY passive aggressive with the US right now. Trying to provoke something. Makes you wonder why they would be so nuts...maybe Putin has already told them he will back them up!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Provoke? Maybe.

Remember sanctions hurt and te Russian's are operating under sanctions currently.

If we look at the history of sanctioned nations, Iran and NK for example, saber rattling is something a lot of sanctioned nations do.

Putin was extremely smart for trying to have a nice proxy war in Syria, imo.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join