It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey attacking allied bases in wake of failed coup?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It seems fires have been set near one of the smaller allied forces NATO bases in Turkey. Consensus is it is aimed at America and the idea is they were somehow involved with the coup. The larger allied base is still under siege last I heard...that one being the base storing Europe's largest stock of nuclear weapons 80 or so. Nobody is talking about what is going on there with much importance placed on it...this also as reports of Putin on the brink of invading Poland as NATO bases have been bumping up staff, supplies and weapons surrounding Russia ( I think that deserves it's own thread I'll get there next) This anti American rederic Turkey's Prime minister,or is he now their president or dictator, is going unanswered in the media. Must be behind closed doors or let's hope it is. As Turkey is deciding to abandon it's former plans to join the EU and reports of human rights violations, torture and some 60 000 people detained is it not time to DO something? sputniknews.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Got a source other than Sputnik?

I don't trust a news organization funded by a country that isn't allowed in the country funding it. IE you can't sputnik in Russia, despite it being run by them.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh dear, things are going south. :-(

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

ibtimes

The inferno is burning perilously close to the US-Nato operated Allied Land Command (Landcom) military at Sirinyer (Buca) in Izmir. Evacuation process is thought to be underway in some districts.

Also the source article they're referring to CNNTurk
seems more heat and dryness related.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

That's the story I originally I saw on this.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yes so they say...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Someone posted that CNN has also covered it my feeling is they are distracting from the possible causes just as they are downplaying everything going on in Turkey right now.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

The inferno is burning perilously close to the US-Nato operated Allied Land Command (Landcom) military at Sirinyer (Buca) in Izmir.

Although Turkey hosts Washington's largest overseas nuclear weapons stockpile, all of them are believed to be stored at the Incirlik base under the Nato weapons sharing programme. None of the nuclear weapons are at the Izmir base.

So, no to the nukes being at this base.
edit on 25-7-2016 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Its hard to say what caused the fire, for all we know it could be a small bush fire, The media is building up a narrative against erdogan/turkey, And have been ever since the failed coup, It reminds me of the build up right before they took out Saddam/Gadaffi, What we are seeing, Or about to see is a six month cycle of ever worsening news stories about erdogan to get the public on the side of another war to overthrow another government. Not that anyone likes him anyway so this should be a pretty easy one for them to pull off.

+ Obamas term is nearly over so there's a few loose ends that need tied up..... erdogan knows too much and is no longer useful....

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Yep. They did have some issues at Incirlik, mostly cleared up now.

Info on issues.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Its hard to say what caused the fire, for all we know it could be a small bush fire, The media is building up a narrative against erdogan/turkey, And have been ever since the failed coup, It reminds me of the build up right before they took out Saddam/Gadaffi, What we are seeing, Or about to see is a six month cycle of ever worsening news stories about erdogan to get the public on the side of another war to overthrow another government. Not that anyone likes him anyway so this should be a pretty easy one for them to pull off.

+ Obamas term is nearly over so there's a few loose ends that need tied up..... erdogan knows too much and is no longer useful....

What would Erdogan know?

Any sources of information?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

But Turkey is in NATO. We have several avenues of punishment against them, not just bombing them.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Jive Turkey

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Downplaying? Accusing him of torture might not be a big deal for the US, but for the rest it sure is.
Also the discussion about him wanting to re-establish death penalty, see above.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Well one example is he knows that the US of freedom was funnelling weapons through the Saudi's into turkey and on to ISIS.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

But punishing him isnt going to erase what he knows, They want him gone, remember he has been a big player helping out isis,by funneling weapons, money and fighters across the border, isis was a cia creation, and erdogan is one of the few people that knows the details. Obamas term is coming to an end so they will be wanting to wrap this little charade up, including erdogan along with it, He's become a bit of a loose cannon anyhow...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Maybe. That said speculation at best. I'm worried about his ties to Deash also.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

But punishing him isnt going to erase what he knows, They want him gone, remember he has been a big player helping out isis,by funneling weapons, money and fighters across the border, isis was a cia creation, and erdogan is one of the few people that knows the details. Obamas term is coming to an end so they will be wanting to wrap this little charade up, including erdogan along with it, He's become a bit of a loose cannon anyhow...

Any sources for this comment and the one above it?

I would like to read about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes these stories are in the background of what the media is reporting here in the West. The stories are there and the theory they are building up to take him out makes sense. The horrors are being reported quietly but building a story for sure just as a sideline to the terror and stuge election happening atm.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

This is true. I think they are done with towing the line perhaps they realize they are on the way out... example no way now of getting into the EU and NATO will have to get rid of them if things keep going the way they are there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join