It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time to build a border wall

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A border wall has been suggested to keep out unwanted travelers. The effectiveness of such a wall is subject for debate, but the need is apparent. Walls have worked in the past "see berlin".

This time though, a large Mexican newspaper talks about the need for a border wall,,,,,,,,,, on their south border. Here is a clip from the article.

"Mexico’s southeast has two borders; one with Guatemala and one with Belize, that do not provide any benefit, but on the contrary only problems are brought by these crossing points that are being used for the new invasion. The one use by Central American’s looking for a way into the United States. ” El Mañana’s editorial board wrote."

www.breitbart.com...

I find it fascinating that they don't like this type of thing on their border but are perfectly fine with it on our border. Such is politics I guess.

edit on 25-7-2016 by Bluntone22 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Walls have worked in the past "see berlin".

The Berlin Wall 'worked' because the no-man's land between the East and West was land mined, had concertina wire and was covered by machine gun nests.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
hmmm maybe we should try that all over again?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yeah, it worked.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
hmmm maybe we should try that all over again?

Machine gunning people indiscriminately? No thanks, not exactly how I think the United States should handle things.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
quit thinking so much.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Yeah, it worked.

It worked on those who were massacred trying to get across it. Not so much for those that tunneled under, smuggled themselves out or managed to climb over it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yes i am all for a wall, plz build us canadians a wall on your own border, its for you and your children safety, being for your own good you will also pay for it, thank you in advance for building a nice trump wall, plz dont forget giant trump signs that glow in the dark.

edit on 25-7-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
quit thinking so much.

No, I prefer to have a rational approach instead of murdering people.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I guess we wouldn't have much of a drug problem if that is how we treated border security

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Oh the Berlin wall was built to keep people in, you should use a different example next time.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This, this is PRICELESS.

Same paper decried Trump's wall.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm not even for building a wall, it's a waste of money.
If you really want to keep illegals out just make it impossible for them to work here.
How about a huge fine for anybody caught hiring them and prison time if they do it twice.

I just think it funny how the Mexican newspaper reacts when the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

According to this report, about 5,000 people got through the wall. And the Berlin wall was only 96 miles total in length, with 302 watchtowers. Wouldn't we be talking about quite a lot more mileage and a lot more watchtowers involved with the Mexican/U.S. border?

www.history.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And then all the personnel to man it and maintain it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Sure, let's completely ruin an already fragile economy. Companies will have to pay 5 times as much just to get Americans to do the nastier jobs, which will drive the prices of everything up accordingly.

How about if you're here and you're working hard, you're legal. If you're here and you're being a lazy ass, you're out.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

According to this report, about 5,000 people got through the wall. And the Berlin wall was only 96 miles total in length, with 302 watchtowers. Wouldn't we be talking about quite a lot more mileage and a lot more watchtowers involved with the Mexican/U.S. border?

www.history.com...

Very true. Some did make it across the wall. Just shows how determined people can be.
But on the other hand we have over ten million undocumented workers in America.

5000 vs 10,000,000.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'm not even for building a wall, it's a waste of money.
If you really want to keep illegals out just make it impossible for them to work here.
How about a huge fine for anybody caught hiring them and prison time if they do it twice.

I just think it funny how the Mexican newspaper reacts when the shoe is on the other foot.

Arizona tried that, the law was mostly overturned by the courts.
edit on 25-7-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm not suggesting a wall or blocking immigrants from coming here.
I only gave an idea that would be more effective and am pointing out the irony.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Trumps wall will never be built because there are simply to many American industries that rely on cheap labor.
The quest for larger profit margins by the corporate oligarchy simply won't allow it. Trump knows this...he is just chumping out his supporters.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!

Most illegals fly in as tourist and just never leave. And not just from Mexico.
edit on 25-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join