It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk video games

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Ha! I am joking about the console thing. I've had one in the past, but for what we need now, a PC is just the more sensible option.

We need a more all-purpose tool that can game more than we need a multi-media tool that can game, so our choice was to go PC.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I wish PS4 had true kb/m support. My pc is getting old and I can't afford a new one atm lol. And as someone who got the PS4 on day one, I say "screw you PS4.5!!".

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Tjoran
I have a ps3, and a ps4. The ps3 is sitting in the other room collecting dush, and the PS4 is a netflix box.. I regret buying this piece of junk. It's so under powered, the graphics are awful and there is lag (low fps) in many games. Hopefully the ps4.5 that comes out will be much better (it seems it will for PSVR).

However, I invested in a beast computer with sli 980 ti's that can run 90 fps per eye on cocculus and HTC. So i doubt ill be getting the PSVR (it wont be nearly as good as a HMD)

Normally I dont follow console peasant stuff, but I am curious
can you plug in/use a mouse and keyboard for games instead of the godawful controller?

Lol it was only amount of time before someone came in spouting that PC master race bull****. It's quite sad really.

Lmao hater? Well I have a news flash for you buddy, I'm running 1080s in SLI. You don't see me spouting that crap at anyone. Sorry you were picked on as a child.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I seriously don't understand the hate between the PC/console people.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
XBone Master Race chiming in.

I didn't drop big money on a 60" 1080p Plasma and a comfortable couch just to watch the Broncos play football 5 months out of the year. Now with game mods becoming a console thing and I don't play MMOs, there's not a whole lot of draw to gaming in an office chair in front of a dinky computer monitor.

OP: if you at all like RPGs or fantasy games, you have to pick up WItcher 3. It's one of the top 10 games of all time, IMO.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Lmao hater? Well I have a news flash for you buddy, I'm running 1080s in SLI. You don't see me spouting that crap at anyone. Sorry you were picked on as a child.

The envy is soo sweet.

I run at 4k, when not using my oculus

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
there's not a whole lot of draw to gaming in an office chair in front of a dinky computer monitor.

-notes his 4k 50 inch

....dinky?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
wow.. what a disappointment..

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
PC's been everything we need & then some. Both the hubby & I are primarily MMO players, though we both love Skyrim. To the point where we're not sure if the MMO version would be worth it, or ruin the fun.

I just wanted to butt in here

The MMO isn't Skyrim Online, that's the main thing. A lot of people go into The Elder Scrolls Online thinking that it's either a) SKYRIM ONLINE!!! or b) A World of Warcraft clone... it's neither. And then they don't appreciate it for what it is because "Omg, it's nothing like WoW... what a stupid MMO" or "Omg, why can't I be Dragonborn? What level do I go to Skyrim?"

/facepalm

ANYWAY! I personally love the game. There was much hate being spewed at it at the beginning because like all MMO's it launched with many downs, but they've since fixed those and expanded upon the game. Though I am disappointed that they lowered the difficulty; in beta it was amazing, it was a challenge, you had to use your wits. Now you can basically go in and pow-pow-pow. Though the solo arena and dungeons are decent. A lot of people complain about the pvp, but I can spend all day there if life allowed.

On topic! xD

I'm a PC gamer! I have one console in my home and that's the Playstation 2, would also have a Nintendo 64 but that mysteriously disappeared when I moved houses. Damn. I had Conker's Bad Fur Day, that was an epic game!

Currently I'm playing little pixel games... Stardew Valley and Starbound... And waiting for No Man's Sky to release!

I play a bit of World of Warcraft, and their latest expansion is coming out next month... I'm iffy about it, but will see how it goes. It'll determine if I ever continue playing WoW or not. Also obviously loving ESO since I just wrote a novel about it. I play Star Wars: The Old Republic on occasion, but I'm really disappointed with their current expansion and how each month's chapter was basically 20 minutes of gameplay. Boooo.

I'm also a HUGE Bioware fan who is very muchly looking forward to Andromeda next year.

I seriously don't understand the hate between the PC/console people.

I agree. Though I do imagine -most- (I said MOST! Not "all"!) console-gamers to be kids judging by whenever my ex was playing, all you could hear was prepubescent squeals emanating from his headset. I have no hate for console gamers, I just personally prefer PC, it's more accessible to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I'm running 1080s in SLI.

Doesn't that make you the PC master race then ?
I'd be happy with one 1080.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Mine's bigger...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I'm running 1080s in SLI.

Doesn't that make you the PC master race then ?
I'd be happy with one 1080.

Sure, but that doesn't mean that I have to claim it lol. I play my Xbox One more than I play games on my PC lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I could care less the platform, I just play the games, I am especially interested in retro platformer and shooters. I will play on anything for the games cause thats what it is for me gaming eltists some how forgot that along the way.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

"all you could hear was prepubescent squeals emanating from his headset" This is why I don't play first person shooters like CoD and Battlefield.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I'd like No Man's Sky, but it'll be a while before both husband and I can get it. It's pricey.

We're also looking forward to CivVI.

And I'm watching Andromeda. We'll see what they do with it.

Right now, I'm messing around with Renowned Explorers which I can play with my kiddo sitting on my lap and letting him play his own crew of explorers even though it has enough complexity in system to keep me satisfied. I'm also dinking around with playthroughs in some of my other games.

I vastly prefer my fingertip grip mouse and mechanical keyboard. It's like having performance play tools custom designed for my personal preferences.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, I'll have to have a look at Renowned Explorers. I've been looking at games my son can play while sitting on my lap. He LOVES Stardew Valley at the moment though, he runs over to me all "Let's play the farm game!!" and up he climbs and away he goes, haha. And he also loves his creatures in Spore.

I bought Virtual Villagers to see how he likes it, but we haven't had a chance to look at that yet. And he HAS to water his plants every morning in Viridi (yay a free game).

No Man's Sky IS very pricey! Especially once you convert from USD; I spent $85 AUD for it... *shudder*... I usually wait for Steam Sales, but, no no no, No Man's Sky is one of the ones I want at launch.

edit on 25 7 2016 by kaelci because: spelling whoopsies

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I don't really like MMOs, but I really, really wish they would make games like The Elder Scrolls and Fallout to be at least co-op. You can have invincible companions with unlimited ammo anyway, so why not be able to have a friend play along as well? It wouldn't be overpowered, it wouldn't be an MMO, but it would be really fun to be able to play with just one other person.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

As long as the person has to physically be there with you, I'm game. None of that online crap.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

The thing that worries me with that is....

People say: We want co-op!!
The Developers hear: We want multiplayer!!

*shakes head* Co-op =/= Multiplayer. Sigh.

But I too would love a co-op Elder Scrolls or Fallout

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Borderlands co-op was pretty fun.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join