It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk video games

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just recently bought a PS4, I like it so far, its neat and I can do a lot of things my ps3 would not allow, like going into the PlayStation store while my game is only paused. I enjoy it so far, and I got it on discount because Hastings is closing, so its a win win... (so far).

I am currently playing Rainbow 6 Siege, and I have BO3 but I'm not a fan of it, however I do like that there are some old school zombie maps, like 'Giant' is 'Der Riese', that I did like. but I'm really looking forward to Battlefield 1. Battlefield 1 Gameplay it looks really good. plus the other day I was informed that COD4 remastered will be available in November as well, COD4 Remastered I enjoyed that game so I may have to spend alittle more money on COD IW so I can play it.

my PS4 PSN is WAREFIGHTER, send a friend request if you will, I like playing in team oriented games with communication. its a good way to kill time on a really hot day, because I like my A/C haha.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have a ps3, and a ps4. The ps3 is sitting in the other room collecting dush, and the PS4 is a netflix box.. I regret buying this piece of junk. It's so under powered, the graphics are awful and there is lag (low fps) in many games. Hopefully the ps4.5 that comes out will be much better (it seems it will for PSVR).

However, I invested in a beast computer with sli 980 ti's that can run 90 fps per eye on cocculus and HTC. So i doubt ill be getting the PSVR (it wont be nearly as good as a HMD)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
I have a ps3, and a ps4. The ps3 is sitting in the other room collecting dush, and the PS4 is a netflix box.. I regret buying this piece of junk. It's so under powered, the graphics are awful and there is lag (low fps) in many games. Hopefully the ps4.5 that comes out will be much better (it seems it will for PSVR).

However, I invested in a beast computer with sli 980 ti's that can run 90 fps per eye on cocculus and HTC. So i doubt ill be getting the PSVR (it wont be nearly as good as a HMD)

Normally I dont follow console peasant stuff, but I am curious
can you plug in/use a mouse and keyboard for games instead of the godawful controller?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Yep, I've got friend that uses a wireless mouse and keyboard on PS4, works perfectly.

I'm just counting the days until No Man's Sky.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have a PC. I only recently aquired a PS3 abut a year ago. I don't have much interest in consoles anymore, outside of a few games. Anything that involves shooting I would much rather use a mouse and keyboard. I don't know how I ever played games like that with a controller before, but I've become spoiled by the precision of a mouse.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

can you plug in/use a mouse and keyboard for games instead of the godawful controller?

Yes, but it costs over 100$ to get the appropriate attachments to make it compatible, And even than it's up to the game your playing to allow it. Everything the playstation does costs a ridiculous amount of money. And now they expect people who want PSVR to pay the 499 for the headset AND at least 399 for the 4.5 that can run it, since ps4 can't. It's hilarious watching people fall into the console trap.

It's even more hilarious seeing console players say that pc gaming is too expensive.. But I assume that people who can't do proper 4th grade math are the types of people Sony markets to.
edit on 25-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My top recommendations

1. Battle Field 4
2. No mans sky
3. Horizon zero dawn
4. The witcher, wild hunt
5. Need for speed rivals
6. NHL (because i'm a hockey nut)

Have fun with it, there are a ton of great games out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
We haven't had a console in 8 or 9 years. We actually gave the consoles we had (plus all the games) to a friend so their teen could have some fun of their own at home (very poor family)

PC's been everything we need & then some. Both the hubby & I are primarily MMO players, though we both love Skyrim. To the point where we're not sure if the MMO version would be worth it, or ruin the fun.
He's big into FPS games, I'm more heavily in to thinker games (think Myst here, I have all of them & am waiting for Obduction's release)

As far as MMOs go, he'll try just about anything. I'm substantially more picky, I prefer sci-fi, but the storyline is what seals it for me, it must be engaging or I lose interest. It's been tough finding ones that tickle my fancy the right way. I play STO (fills the current TV series void for me, like a band-aid) and am completely head-over-heals with Warframe. Awesome game, this is grinding made fun between story missions. Now, if more MMOs could have as good a storyline & be as fun as Warframe is...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Lol it was only amount of time before someone came in spouting that PC master race bull****. It's quite sad really.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yes, but it costs over 100$ to get the appropriate attachments to make it compatible, And even than it's up to the game your playing to allow it. Everything the playstation does costs a ridiculous amount of money. And now they expect people who want PSVR to pay the 499 for the headset AND at least 399 for the 4.5 that can run it, since ps4 can't. It's hilarious watching people fall into the console trap.

It's even more hilarious seeing console players say that pc gaming is too expensive.. But I assume that people who can't do proper 4th grade math are the types of people Sony markets to.

What attachments are these?

My plain jane USB keyboard and mouse work just fine.

When it comes to gaming, I've always said to each their own.

I play more on the PS4 than the computer, mostly because it's just plug and play.

Edit:

Where are you getting this bit that PS4 can't run the PSVR? That's totally false!

The 4.5 (Neo, whatever they call it) is basically an updated console for 4K media.

Sony has mandated that everything has to work properly on a standard PS4.

Before someone mentions something stupid... The little breakout box for PSVR does nothing but split the video signal between the HMD and your TV and supply audio. All the grunt work is done by the PS4.
edit on 25-7-2016 by gspat because: Because, stuff.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

What attachments are these?

My plain jane USB keyboard and mouse work just fine.

When it comes to gaming, I've always said to each their own.

I play more on the PS4 than the computer, mostly because it's just plug and play.

Specific mice and keybored that simulate the controllers security inputs so it actually works in games, Like the Xim. Otherwise that plug and play only works on menus or games that enabled it specifically.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm going to plug this but it's fitting considering that it's ALIENS!.

I currently have this on PC but I understand that it should be coming out on console on Sept 6th.

Xcom 2

I've played this game since it's original (Xcom: Enemy Unknown 1994) release way back when and I'm thinking that considering the age range here on ATS, many of you may have also. It's very addictive and lets just say that it's a perfect game for alien enthusiasts.

All of what you see in the vids are in game scenes. For a more in depth game play view:

I'm really not a big fan of narrated game play videos but if you skim over a bit, you'll get an idea of how everything looks in game, though I'll say that the grafix are a LOT better than what you see there in YT. It simply doesn't do much justice to the game.

Full custom characters, researched gear... For me, this is and has always been the king of turn based strategy. It was worth my money and time! It really gives you the feel of being in the game. It's not all top view like much of what you see in the video. The first videos are also a good part of the game. Some are cut scenes and some are in game scenes, as in they take place while you're playing. Think of the Matrix.

Enjoy, you alien hunters, you!

I want to add... This is not the original first game that I spoke of at the start. This is the most recent version. A reboot of the original, if you will. It takes place after the last publish a couple of years ago. You don't have to buy the one before this to get the true feel, since the makers tell us that we actually lost the first one in this reboot series... go figure. Though, personally, I love them both. I could tell a lot about the history and the story of this game and compare them to the original 90s versions but I'll spare you. All I'll say is.. They've done a damn fine job, commander!

edit on 25-7-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Kool, Thanks for that info!

I only play FFXIV with them on the PS4...

I suck at FPS, even with a KB/M so I generally (read that as always) stay away from them!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Lol it was only amount of time before someone came in spouting that PC master race bull****. It's quite sad really.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Awesome!

My son and I played the crap out of the original on the 360!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
We build our own computers for what we want.

We've talked about getting a console, but every time we think about it ... it just looks like a lot of investment to just have to go and re-upgrade the entire system in a few years + all your games too. With our comps, it's modular upgrade and our software keeps working for the most part.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

It's quite sad really.

But true , PC will always play games better than console , better frame rates , better graphics.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We build our own computers for what we want.

We've talked about getting a console, but every time we think about it ... it just looks like a lot of investment to just have to go and re-upgrade the entire system in a few years + all your games too. With our comps, it's modular upgrade and our software keeps working for the most part.

This, essentially. We can't justify the cost of multiple consoles anymore that are going to be obsolete before the cost of modular upgrades catch up to the cost of several console replacements over the years. Hell, our stock HP PC runs everything on max settings, with NO modulars installed yet 4 years in. Hearty MB that one has.

That being said, there have been a few console games that have tempted us over the years. Just not enough to go console whole-hog.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Same.

I should actually thank console peasants. Because consoles persist in popularity, it has somewhat slowed the rate at which we have to upgrade the big items like motherboards and processors. Even your vid cards can keep going for a while before you really have to look at getting a new one, and by then, you don't have to invest in the true top of the line but can get a nice second tier one that will last a long, long time before you have to think about upgrading again.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

Same.

I should actually thank console peasants. Because consoles persist in popularity, it has somewhat slowed the rate at which we have to upgrade the big items like motherboards and processors. Even your vid cards can keep going for a while before you really have to look at getting a new one, and by then, you don't have to invest in the true top of the line but can get a nice second tier one that will last a long, long time before you have to think about upgrading again.

You're welcome!

My computer is plenty powerful enough to game on (although it IS getting showing signs of age), I just choose not to.

I was planning to build a brand new one, but life got in the way, and I decided to wait and see what the newest batch of graphics cards were offering.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join