It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talked to Iraqi at the airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I was at detroit metro waiting for my mom to come in from ottawa, as I went to a cafe in the terminal to get two coffees for me and her I stopped by the window so I could see all the planes coming and going, there was a man standing next to me who started a conversation.

He told me he thought it was amazing that such big heavy planes can fly all these people in...

So I asked him if he heard about those 30 cases of lasers being shined on planes and how they are now saying they could be terrorists in training.

That's when he said he's an iraqi-christian who lived in Iraq most of his life and came here to America to escape all the harrassment he had to deal with his whole life. He told me that the muslim extremists are just more expressive about the ideology then the so called peaceful muslims.

He said deep deep down they are all the same, they do not like anybody who is not a muslim. He said too many people here in America do not appreciate what they have here, they do not understand the kinds of freedoms that many people in the world do not have. I felt sympathetic towards him, but I was glad he was here, safe and sound, he can rest his weary head knowing that he can wake up in the morning and go about his day without having anybody breathing down his neck.

I'm glad george bush is putting a smack down on them because it would be way more out of control and we would have more attacks on our soil and around the world.

9-11 wasn't the beginning, it started before that, 9-11 is just an example of what happens when you don't put a shoe up their ass.

This is a wonderful site of all the # they do everyday... Don't sympathize with those #ers, they have a bone to pick with us and they won't stop. It's a long battle and they plan on continuing it, they've been like this for a long time. The battle of Tripoli is a perfect example (back in Thomas Jefferson's days)

SINCE SEPT 11 THIS IS ALL THE CRAP THEY'VE DONE
Link

A quote from their site:

From 9/11/01 to 1/05/05 there have been:1835 major Islamic terrorist attacks involving loss of life noted on this site. By our count, the number of attacks that CAIR has acknowledged and condemned is 5.

I would like to congratulate the woman who was on cnn last night for her hunt on the internet for suspicious terrorist sites, she stays up until 430 in the morning searching for these people. They showed a site she found on how terrorists are supposed to detonate suicide belts. Thank you for helping keep us safe.

edit: he's an iraqi

[edit on 19-1-2005 by TrueLies]

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You also need to understand that most Muslims in America are extremely moderate. I have actaulyl done some study on the Koran (or however you want to spell it) and what Clerics are teaching. The extremist muslism are actaully the norm, and not the exception.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

That's when he said he's a muslim-christian

What the heck is a muslim christina supposed to be? Is it like a Jewish Quaker? An Amish Pope?

I should think that, since the guy left his home country because of being harrased by muslims, that he might not be the most objective observer.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have checked ats for the new jersey killing muslim-american's made the other day and haven't found this story, it was on cnn headline news the other day.

(1/17/05):
A family of four was brutally slain in New Jersey late last week. They were Coptic Christians who emigrated from Egypt seven years ago to escape Islamist violence against religious minorities. The family had received death threats from Muslim-Americans, and Friday their bodies were found bound, gagged and stabbed to death in their home.

The victims include two girls, ages 15 and 8, who seemed to have received especially brutal treatment. No individual suspects have been identified yet.
link

I'm not going to listen to anyone who has had "some" study time with the koran.

I'd rather listen to someone who has lived with them their whole life, like the man at the airport, i'm sure he has more life experience of dealing with them then you ever will...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What the heck is a muslim christina supposed to be?

I'm sorry, my bad. not a muslim christian, he is an iraqi christian...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

What the heck is a muslim christina supposed to be? Is it like a Jewish Quaker? An Amish Pope

I was wondering the same?
... Arab Christian, maybe, rather than Muslim christian?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
That's when he said he's a muslim-christian who lived in Iraq most of his life

The list of Muslim attacks since 2001 is interesting but it's a shame they don't have a similar list of attacks by Jews and Christians.

Are you aware that over 3,000 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces between 28 September, 2000 and 5 May, 2004? (link)

Do you know that estimated of the death toll from the Fallujah assault is from 2,000 to over 6,000 and that there were thousands more killed in places like Najaf?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

He said deep deep down they are all the same, they do not like anybody who is not a muslim.

I'm glad george bush is putting a smack down on them

This is hilarious! It can be inverted. Deep down Christians probably don't like Muslims (sort of implied in your post). You simply took sides, that's all.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
sympathizing with the enemy are you?

why don't you go take a walk around the middle east with cookies and milk... I'm sure nothing will happen to you.. .

you'd rather hate and sympathize with the criminals... appalling.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Then the title of your thread is wrong. You didn't talk to a muslim at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Then the title of your thread is wrong. You didn't talk to a muslim at all.

Right, Its like muslims are so hard to find and talk too, or is it that he was at the airport?

[edit on 19-1-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have edited the title to change mistake

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

The list of Muslim attacks since 2001 is interesting but it's a shame they don't have a similar list of attacks by Jews and Christians.

Are you aware that over 3,000 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces between 28 September, 2000 and 5 May, 2004? (link)

The problem with posting 'statistics' such as these is that they don't really tell the whole story. Even if the numbers are correct, a good question to also ask is who these dead people were? Further analysis will show that most of the dead palestinians were terrorists or other armed fighters, while the majority of the jews and christians killed were innocents, such as women and childern on busses and in cafes and shops.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I have checked ats for the new jersey killing muslim-american's

The people killed were christians, not muslims. Some have theorized that muslims killed them because the father said some stuff that apparently upset some muslims in an online chatroom.

I'd rather listen to someone who has lived with them their whole life, like the man at the airport, i'm sure he has more life experience of dealing with them then you ever will...

The person who has studied the koran 'some' was saying that the extremists are the norm amoung muslims. The guy at the airport was saying much the same thing.

The thing to keep in mind is that this guy is an unusual case. He's had such a bad experience over there that he actually left his homeland. Now, I'd agree that more muslims in the middle east are 'extremists' than one might think at first. However that hardly means that all muslims inherently dislike non muslims. Every muslim I have ever known personaly, and I won't pretend that there have been many, have been quite moderate and reasonable people. This guy, while experienced more so than the rest of us, is certainly also more biased than the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

The problem with posting 'statistics' such as these is that they don't really tell the whole story. Even if the numbers are correct, a good question to also ask is who these dead people were? Further analysis will show that most of the dead palestinians were terrorists or other armed fighters, while the majority of the jews and christians killed were innocents, such as women and childern on busses and in cafes and shops.

Look further down the page of the link I posted.
They include the ages of the victims.
Around 48% of the people were between 19 - 29 yrs which would put them in the age range of insurgents but many were under 15 or over 50

15 yrs old or younger 373 12.4%
50+ years 179 5.9%

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
......talk to any minority from a Middle Eastern country and guess what? They will have tons of sh**t to say about those ( fill in the blank ) . I worked with an Iranian Jew, I have a Palestinisn Christian in my family, I've worked with Sabras.....bottom line is that we're talking about people from the birthplace of civilization and blood feuds.
Muslim extremeists would have to pull off a decades worth of 9/11's to catch up to the combined slaughter of Muslims by British/American/Israeli forces over the past century.

I'm glad george bush is putting a smack down on them because it would be way more out of control and we would have more attacks on our soil and around the world.

Besides false logic ( I can see going around the block for a Marine HumVee on the corner of Huessain & Jihad St. in Fallujah, but getting to Manhattan 's a bitch with a bomb in a backpack!! ) I guess he's a Wrestling fan!?

new topics

top topics

join