It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else concerned about Trump's ties to Putin?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I am more concerned with the way both Hilary and Donald feel they need to kiss Israel's backside to get elected.

How is that ?
Do you have a problem with Israel, you should be more worried about their islamic neighbors.. perhaps not if you live in the US.. but you would know if you lived here in EU

What bugs me is that Presidential candidates feel they must whole-heartedly support a particular foreign country no matter what they do, but they have no problem alienating large segments of US voters.

But, yeah, as a former US Navy sailor I do have a problem or two with Israel.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

So, do youbdispute the fact his top advisors have worked very closely with the Kremlin? Do you dispute the fact Trump has taken large sums of money from Russia? Any facts to back that up, or are you going by a gut feeling?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh my God are you working for Hillary? If Putin wanted Trump to win, he'd release all the emails the FSB secured from Hillary servers in her bathroom closet.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

This is the # I'm talking about. I've openly denounced Hillary. My God, this website has turned into an echo chamber. I guarantee you didn't even read the article.

All of you buggers can piss off,

ILF out

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Excellent response Olivine!!!!!
I'm glad that there are at least a few here who understand that its a little more complex than most people realize.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Wasn't it Trump that took almost $300 million in Russian money to sell American uranium rights through Frank Giustra and the Canadian company Uranium One? Almost 50% of the united States uranium production capability? That's dastardly and conniving of him and his family. Especially seeing as how he did it through a phony nonprofit charity organization and fake speaking engagements. Imagine the nerve of Trump to pretend that he went from getting $180K per speech to instantly getting $750K as soon as his wife became SoS and it wasn't pay offs for her decisions in office....

Oh wait, that wasn't Trump. Never mind. Carry on.

Shhhhhhhh if you reveal this you will be called a Hillary hater.

I think we need someone who has good relations with Russia to help wipe out ISIS. The heinous acts they are committing is unfathomable.

Trying to deflect the emails is proof that blinders are on. Look at what they contain. Google all of HRC's linked scandals /corruption since Watergate.

Signed

Someone who hates Clinton for her lack of morals and values.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here's one of the good policies of Trump along with his anti--TPP.

The thing is can one trust Trump. NO.

If he turns out a good president after all I would be happy.

But I doubt he will but it’s a long shot but it’s possible.

Remember another thing about Trump is that he is a moderate and on foreign policy he may be better than neo con Hillary

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I want Trump and Putin to have "ties." The fact is our two countries have some very important mutual interests, and if we could cooperate on these, it would be a very good thing. That's not to downplay our differences, but cooperation is more fruitful than insisting on being adversaries. Obama has no respect on the world stage and with Putin, who has called him "a child" because of his naivete. But if Putin and Trump respect each other, that's a very good thing.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It sounded like Trump was forced to deal with the Russians as the article states he was blackballed by US banks.
An act of necessity. People get funding where they can. The blackballing likely continues as I doubt any banks support trump.

I don't know his motivations behind Ukraine and the baltics. Perhaps it is not financially feasible, and the fact the US has to do all the work where only the UK, Poland, Greece, and Estonia hit the 2% GDP target for NATO. France, Germany, Italy what the heck???

The Trumpian Pivot towards Russia would be welcome in the upcoming war against Islam.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

But if Putin and Trump respect each other, that's a very good thing.

Putin does not respect Trump, he considers him a useful idiot.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: schuyler

But if Putin and Trump respect each other, that's a very good thing.

Putin does not respect Trump, he considers him a useful idiot.

Are you sure about that? Did he say that, or are you just pretending to know?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Putin on Trump.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Obama Admin has had a policy of working for the EU, hosting a revolution in Ukraine in order to screw with Russia.

Likewise our sudden displeasure with Assad in Syria. We never gave a rip for 20 years while he was jacking with Israel; but suddenly we had to oust him because it would mean closing the Russian naval base in Syria.

Americans and Eu-ians don't know this, but Putin has been a defender of Christians against radical Islam. NATO was blowing up christian cathedrals in the balkans war, it was to "make it easier for Christians to leave" designated future muslim areas.

Assad was just like every other Middle Eastern Dictator, except, EXCEPT he defended the Christian minority in Syria.

When Assad looked able (briefly) to crush ISIS, American jets flew in to drive Assad back. We ensured that ISIS could take Palmyra, that ancient refuge of Christianity in the midst of the muslim middle east.

Putin is avowedly Christian, and insists that the Russian state be neutral in its treatment of ALL ethnic minorities inside Russia. EU and US don't want that.

Putin is not an enemy of America, or even of long-term American interests. But Putin is implacably opposed to Obama's pro-Jihadist foreign policy.

Trump is just saying he won't carry Barry's baggage

Trump will do some house-cleaning when he moves into the White Hut.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
It sounded like Trump was forced to deal with the Russians as the article states he was blackballed by US banks.
An act of necessity. People get funding where they can. The blackballing likely continues as I doubt any banks support trump.

I don't know his motivations behind Ukraine and the baltics. Perhaps it is not financially feasible, and the fact the US has to do all the work where only the UK, Poland, Greece, and Estonia hit the 2% GDP target for NATO. France, Germany, Italy what the heck???

The Trumpian Pivot towards Russia would be welcome in the upcoming war against Islam.

Thank you for providing the first reasonable response I've seen in a while. I disagree with it, but it was well thought out and well stated. I appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think world leaders are a lot like Mafia Dons in The Godfather.

Being able to cut deals and get along with each other requires a backdrop of mutual respect.

I agree with other posters, that what all this means is that Putin professes (who knows what he believes in his heart--if indeed he has one) a certain amount of respect for the Trump.

There is a saying in Yiddish, something along the lines of
" We can deal man to man, or dog to dog; but we cannot deal man to dog."

Aside from his other qualities, Obama the man has no taste for bargaining or haggling. Not in the slightest. And I believe he has appointed diplomats (Clinton, Kerry) who also have no joy in hammering out a complex agreement. Yet Obama has presided over a unique moment in modern history, when old relationships are deteriorating, and new ones being formed. The way to get the best deal for the USA is to do some bargaining; both with allies and rivals.

Obama wasn't the man for it. I don't think Bernie would have been; nor Elizabeth Warren either.

Trump claims (believably) to have some personal skill at the task of negotiation.

I can imagine that Putin would have liked to see some negotiation on Syria, and on our efforts to undermine Russia's influence in Ukraine.

I think most world leaders (even the others involved) were shocked by Obama handing Iran the keys to the store.

edit on 25/7/2016 by redempsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

Nope. not one bit. Putin cares about his country, which is a good thing. Like his methods or not, he's doing his job. Trump seems to be of the same sort. Works for me!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I agree! Putin has a very tough job, half the planets Leaders are acting like psychotic children with bombs, drones, lazers and tanks. As well as an endless supply of Cash Donations 'unwillingly so' by the People of their Lands.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Yes, he does, and I get the feeling he really does want to do what's best. For me to say that, well, it's kind of like Kirk liking a Klingon.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So funny how people are desperate to make non-existent links between Trump and Russia

When this exists

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I agree! Putin has a very tough job, half the planets Leaders are acting like psychotic children with bombs, drones, lazers and tanks.

And he is one of them.

www.aljazeera.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join