It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is everyone this clueless to manipulation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

In terms of a protest vote, wouldn't it be more effective to start a write-in campaign for Mickey Mouse or Fred Flintstone? If we're going to throw our votes away, at least we can make it clear that we're not just too lazy to vote, but that we are expressing our non-confidence vote.... loud and proud.

I actually agree with this completely, problem is you'd have some think-tank like Tavistock, et al backed by Soros, Koch Bros, or someone, and they'd fund a movement to nominate a goat, then once the goat is elected, SURPRISE! Goat translation device and modular brain implants with psychic goat/mind control, BOOM! Perfect Manchurian candidate.

No but seriously I think it would get usurped and they'd vote in "Joe the Plumber" type, and it would be the worst case scenario.

Maybe if you held a burn vote. Or even pushed for a new policy, where if someone files a burn vote their vote cannot be counted. Not sure how many years it would take, but maybe eventually you'd get enough to prove vote fraud was going on. e.g. 200,000,000 burn votes and 200,000,000 regular votes, (uh, since when did dead people and babies start voting?)

edit on 27-7-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I asked you what not voting will accomplish. Let me try again: What will not voting accomplish?

Ill chime in, I don't think you two vary too much in ideology but wires seemed to get crossed in your posts. I tend to agree with MamaJ, I don't trust the voting system at all. Whether its rigged machines, or usurping a movement, (nominate the cat turns into nominate kitty, the stripper!)

The idea of vote refusal would be enough to turn the system upside down. If you could get a majority non-vote, and hold protests, the leaders would seriously start worrying about another French revolution. Again, Im not even sure that's feasible.

Look at OWS. Not a single banker was arrested for the fraudulent money/housing markets. OWS was crucified. It doesn't matter if it was hippies, or hipsters, or gang bangers, or single moms, or whoever was out there. People were out there and they got crapped on. And hated. There were more arrested of OWSers than there were of the bankers who pushed a fraudulent market. That tells us how stupid the common man is.

We wouldn't even see a hero or a potential change if they were offered. Non compliance is the best you can hope for, and Id be surprised if that didn't get usurped. The idea that "your vote matters" and "if you don't vote you are part of the problem" is a fallacy. You don't have choice. Two candidates.

If you could get an actual vote for a third party or protest vote, either would be easily manipulated. They need fear to drive them as it seems to be the only thing that works, and the main tool they use on commoners.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

You make some good points. It seems everything these days is usurped/hijacked/co-opted... whatever the appropriate word is. It seems to be the go-to tool for anyone wanting to ruin a positive and proactive movement.

Another problem with a write-in vote that I only just became aware of is that write-in votes just aren't possible in too many states now, especially with electronic voting machines. Such a shame. I had such happy visions of people writing in N.O. Confidence and even people everywhere wearing cute little stickers saying "I voted N.O. Confidence today!"

I will keep thinking on it... there's gotta be a way to beat them at their own game...

ETA: I hadn't heard of a burn vote before; like anything, it would have its challenges and drawbacks, but it's something to think about.
edit on 27-7-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I hate the two choices we've been given. I wish my refusal to vote would make a difference, but color me skeptical.

If we could only get a "Rock the Vote.. By Refusing to Vote" major media campaign out there... wait, the major media is in on the scam, aren't they. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I understand the intent behind not voting, and I do agree with the philosophy of refusing to play the game. Because voting is a form of consent to being ruled over by a corrupt system.

But here's the problem: the system continues on anyway, regardless of whether you vote. And if you say "I refuse to acknowledge this person as my President because I didn't participate in voting," they reply, "That's cute. Just continue to obey the laws anyway, or face the consequences."

So IMO, while not voting may send a message, I don't see how it's an effective way to fight the system.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join