It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Calls WikiLeaks Block ‘An Accident’ After Accusations Of Censorship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Facebook has reportedly told WikiLeaks that it has unblocked links to the site on Facebook, calling the block “an accident” after it faced widespread accusations of political censorship.

WikiLeaks recently linked to an article highlighting WikiLeaks emails that revealed collusion between the DNC and CNN, as well as an email from Donna Brazile, the interim DNC chair, in which Brazile states that she “will cuss out the Sanders camp.”

Facebook Calls WikiLeaks Block ‘An Accident’ After Accusations Of Censorship

Between them and twitter blocking and changing DNCLeaks to DNCleak, the censorship is getting heavy.

Unlike twitter which is still evidently trying to hide things, Facebook has at least given in.

"Accident"? I'm sure. /sarcasm
edit on 25-7-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Things seem to be heating up these past few days, maybe they should call central?

LoL "acceident," that and google conveniently identifying wikileaks as a malicious website while twitter is dropping DNCleaks from trending . . .

ugh

-FBB
edit on 25-7-2016 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Woops wrong clip hahaha

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Got a link or source on the google allegation?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

From the wikileaks twitter:

Google now listing Wikileaks as a 'dangerous' site http://(link tracking not allowed)/2ajvUmC

The transparency report is now returned to not dangerous.
Google Transparency Report

I can go look up an archive of a screen cap of the dangerous status if you like.

-FBB

EDIT
Here you are: Dangerous Website GTR
edit on 25-7-2016 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

Yeah , google wikileaks (they may have backpeddled again in the last few days)
Freakbook and Giggle. The 2 largest spying operations in the known universe
Take some advice from an old man. Use them at your own risk. May cause major harmful side-effects

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Awesome, thank you. I totally missed this.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
How many times is Facebook gonna be called out for censorship? And how many times are we gonna believe them when they cry it was simply a mistake.

They know exactly what 'momentum' is and how to control it. And it sickens me that they get away with again and again and again.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Facebook has the most fascistic policies I have seen in a social network... someone bring back Myspace!
edit on 25-7-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wait wait wait

Didn't I just learn two days ago that wikileaks is a banned link for members to use here?
I've never used a link to them but I learned in a thread that it's not allowed.
Or am I mistaken?

Did I just nail my coffin shut?
edit on 7252016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Who didn't know farcebook™ is nothing more than an info seine to mine all Your movements; $$$; buying habits. When someone types "Google™ it.." These folks are NOT Your friend. Some may remember when One would be able to get more FROM Google™ than it provided (search word) Now those days are gone...

Did farcebook™ mention whether or not they're using the same 1 computer that they used for the IPO? Biggest IPO in the history of mankind and the computer "goes down" for 18 min. and folks bought that..

Then Agent Zuckerberg 'surprises everyone' and marries a fellow Agent the next day in Ca. The LAST place a newly minted BILLIONAIRE is going to get married is in Ca. which is an 'auto 50% State' so when Your grandkids finally figure out that farcebook™ is nothing more than an info machine, Mrs. Zuckerberg has already siphoned off $50B..

Doesn't Starbucks™ use caffeine in their $8.00 cups of coffee? If so how can everyone still be asleep?

What is the first thing that happens after a threat of 'coming after the guns'? I should've typed "what is the second thing" because the first thing is a selfie of what is for lunch/dinner.. The second thing is "Screw them they'll never get My guns!!!! See? Now "They" know You have guns...

Shalom

P.S. If'n You could "Like" My page......... (I'm kidding)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
LMAO

Facebook will always be a slave to its audience. Sure, the audience takes a lot of crap on the privacy front. But if that audience didn't want to tolerate it, FB would change and beg forgiveness in a heartbeat.

Its a populist control mechanism that is prone to its own populist control.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Wait wait wait

Didn't I just learn two days ago that wikileaks is a banned link for members to use here?
Or am I mistaken?

I don't think it was all of wikilinks that was prohibited, just certain links to "classified" material that wasn't supposed to be leaked to the public, and for those you can still link to articles talking about that with actual links, you just can't link directly. But if there's no classified material, and in this case apparently there isn't for this subject matter, I don't see any issue, but I'm not a mod and can't speak for them.

Facebook's lack of concern about privacy has been a big issue for me, and some comments by their CEO Zuckerberg are appalling. Apparently nobody here believes this "accident" claim, I wonder if anybody anywhere believes that.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

No. You can say wikileaks here all you like. You just can't post links directly to wikileaks.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"I can cause accidents too" - Wicked Witch of the West

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBen22
"I can cause accidents too" - Wicked Witch of the West

**Plagiarism Alert**

**Plagiarism Alert**

ree-urr ree-urr ree-urr

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Please check your private message, you have a message waiting.

thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

For the record your freedom of speech does not apply to private online businesses. A private online entity can restrict freedom of speech based on it's own guidelines and there is nothing anyone can do about it legally / civilly.

As an example ATS prohibits the discussion of drugs and words considered slang / vulgar. This is not suppression of your rights as its a private website.

Just like Facebook is.

If you don't agree with Facebook policy write them to get it changed or don'/t use Facebook.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nothing is Ever an Accident when Computers and the Internet are Involved . Facebook is Lying through their Teeth , does Hillary have Stock in Them I Wonder ? Hmm......

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Wait wait wait

Or am I mistaken?

Most people here are against the Wikileaks ban. In the case of Facebook and Google though it's a recent thing since they started focusing on Hillary. It's definitely a policy based on politics, which is different from the reasoning on ATS that they just don't want to be affiliated with US government classified info.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well yeah. But were did I say anything about FB violating my 1st amendment rights?

That doesn't make it not censorship.

For example you just pointed out how ATS censors drugs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join