It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inauguration terror

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Also I'm Canadian and have no NFL team to cheer for....so I might as well cheer for the Steelers as well.

I hope that someday you see the light, and realize the Eagles are the way to go. Come to the light potato boy, come to the light.
Man with no hockey you must be dyin'!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
People you have turn a "inauguration terror" into a chit chat for football preferences.

I suggest a new thread on sports please.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People you have turn a "inauguration terror" into a chit chat for football preferences.

I suggest a new thread on sports please.

look back... I referred the football chat to my "chit chat " thread at BTS...

so...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The King is dead! Long live the King!! Well, I'm not getting my hopes up. I try not to set myself up for disappointment. Without doubt, King George is the most protected person on the planet. Makes me wanna hurl.

The $40,000,000 being spent (wasted) on Dubya's upcoming inaugural is in direct proportion to the arrogance he exudes. It's not only irresponsible. It's OBSCENE. But then again, it's typical of this man. After all, he's a legend in his own mind. He's so out of touch with reality he actually believes he deserves it. Ain't that a hoot!!

At any rate, regarding the topic of this thread, IMHO it's not likely King George will be assassinated any time soon. Not that there aren't a lot of folks out there more than eager to take on the task, terrorists included. It's just that he's too well guarded.

If I were a terrorist, AND I'M NOT, taking down the American President at his Presidential Inauguration, with a roaring, thunderous boom heard 'round the world, would be like stealing the Crown Jewels, or the Hope Diamond. It would be the achievement of a lifetime, and would make the toppling of the World Trade Center look like a day in the park. It would rip into the American psyche with a vengeance, and send the stock market into a whirlwind of chaos and dischord. To architect of such a glorious debacle would be coming as close to true perfection as any mortal has ever been.

I really doubt the "terrorists" see any great difference between Cheney and Bush, or even John Kerry for that matter. It goes much deeper than that. I think in their eyes, the "American culture" as a whole has become evil. After all, they voted the Devil in for a second term. Therefore, the only way to achieve change is to SHOCK the American psyche to it's senses. And to do that you must destroy the things it holds most sacred, and do it in the most vile, hideous and psychologically damaging way possible. To bring about real change you must first put the giant to it's knees, and while doing so, then break it's will. Only then do you have any chance of exerting control and seizing power. I'm no terrorist, but if I was, that would kinda make sense to me.

As far as Bush being the safest person in the world when it comes to terrorist threats, I think it's exactly the opposite. IMHO Bush attracts and incites terrorist activity. He's a divider, with greedy, self-serving motives. His arrogance and willingness to use military might to wage his own personal Holy War, and his need to force his will upon others, makes him a target for disgruntled people around the world.

Like I said, I don't think anything horrendous will happen during the inaugural, but it's certainly not for the lack of desire to do so. Only the inability to pierce the armor of the evil infidel prevents it. On the outside chance I'm wrong, though, then Buddy hang on to your hat!!

Just my personal opinion. Nothing more ...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Tomorrow will be the beginning of the end, no way this tyranny is gonna end when bush is ferm in his warseat.

Better fasten ur seatbelts cause this is gonna be a very bumpy ride folks...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is the only inuaguration terror I am aware of:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
man.... that pic is just wrong on so many levels...

but I laughed..

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Great pic!

It made me laugh as well!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would say that no American President is ever safe. Aside from terrorists who may want to kill him if only for revenge on the War on Terrorism, there are the general Bush-haters who would sooner kill him than have him go through another four years. Some of the Bush-haters hate him so violently that they really would prefer Cheney.

And of course you've got your general crackpots and all that always want to kill the President, regardless of who he is.

Although the terror threat level won't be going up, be sure that the Secret Service awareness level will.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
First off I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been visiting this site for about 6-8 months now and just decided to register and post.

I was reading this thread and paying special attention to all the rules in place at his inauguration.
As I was reading it I was reminded of an old SNL commercial spoof they did called 'happy fun ball'

For those who dont know what I'm talking about I'll post the skit so everyone can get a good laugh like me:
(kids)
It's Happy!
It's Fun!
It's Happy Fun Ball!

(announcer)
Yes, it's Happy Fun Ball,
the toy sensation
that's sweeping the nation.
Only 14.95 at participating stores!

Get one Today

(background voice)
Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children should avoid
prolonged exposure to Happy Fun Ball.

Caution: Happy Fun Ball may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.

Happy Fun Ball contains a liquid core, which if exposed due to rupture
should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.

Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.

Discontinue use of Happy Fun Ball if any of the following occurs:

* Itching

* Vertigo

* Dizziness

* Tingling in extremities

* Loss of balance or coordination

* Slurred speech

* Temporary blindness

* Profuse Sweating

or

* Heart palpitations

If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter
and cover head.

Happy Fun Ball may stick to certain types of skin.

When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be returned to its special container
and kept under refrigeration.

Failure to do so relieves the makers of Happy Fun Ball, Wacky Products
Incorporated, and its parent company, Global Chemical Unlimited, of
any and all liability.

Ingredients of Happy Fun Ball include an unknown glowing substance which
fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

Happy Fun Ball has been shipped to our troops in Saudi Arabia and is
also being dropped by our warplanes on Iraq.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Happy Fun Ball comes with a lifetime guarantee.

(announcer)
Happy Fun Ball! Accept no substitutes!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
However, that's what's great about America, we're free to do that very thing....

God Bless The USA !!!

Damn! I think I'm gonna go sign up for the greencard lottery right now! Fancy that, free to do whatever you want!!! Did you hear that guys?? Everybody to the greencard lottery site, follow meeeee!!!

God bless the YMCA!!!!11

top topics

<< 1   >>

join