It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Anything the Digital System Cant Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If we take it out to the more extreme developments, is there anything the system is not capable of? I think the advancements are farther along within upper levels, and we would probably think it is witchcraft if we seen what they have been developing. I will put it out there and say such a technology is capable of being a new life form. Just think about if we could grow organic computers. Etching circuits on silicon is not that far from this. If you have the resources ( money), all it takes is a creative mind and to not be scared to run with your craziest ideas to turn them into reality when you have all the ingredients at your fingertips. There are those who have all this, I believe. Personally , I believe the tech your smartphone has was probably available to certain people in the 70's. Just my thoughts on the subject.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It cant teach you the joy of playing with puppies
Or describe the first smile of a new baby
Or show you what true love is and other hippie # like that.

It does tons of other cool stuff though

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

OR what that stuff smells like. Good AND bad

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
It cant teach you the joy of playing with puppies
Or describe the first smile of a new baby
Or show you what true love is and other hippie # like that.

It does tons of other cool stuff though

True, those are human qualities and some seem to be unique to us. But not all life forms require such to exist. I am glad to be a human, however

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Doubt it can give the the experience you get when spending time in the woods, close to nature.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It can't pee

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yes there is. Digital music cannot replicate continuous analog sound.

A computer can never love you.

Also, when you do something like build a "smart house" every new "smart" object that is added to the network of your own personal internet of things is an additional mode of entry for a hacker. So while you might think it's really cool that there's an app to program your coffee maker, remember there's a hacker in Nigeria that also thinks it's really cool of you to do that.

The idea that eternal upward technological progress is possible is as much a religious belief as anything else, with just as much evidence in reality.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Isn't it said that military tech is 40 years ahead of us?

Also, I think it was said of Darpa: If you can imagine it, they've got it, tried it or it couldn't be done.

Or something to that effect.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
One thing digital can't do well: recreate sound.

I spend most of my day, in a commercial recording studio. Nothing recorded digitally, is on the same playing field as tape. Even the 1 bit 5.6 mhz recordings (which are supposed to be equivalent of tape at 30 inches per second) can't record the emotion of the subject.

Digital: an electromagnet (human) is recorded through an electromagnet (mic), an approximation of frequencies captured and stored to a defined resolution over the computer's "real" time. The information the computer chose to remember is translated to an electromagnet (speakers) to be received by an electromagnet (human).

Thoughts interrupted 44 100 times a second. Quantization errors lead to a perception of "flatness".

Analog: an electromagnet (human) is recorded through an electromagnet (mic), all magnetic information the mic can produce (sound and the human's electric field) is captured and stored magnetically to a magnet (tape, once charged with a signal). The full magnetic information is reproduced by an electromagnet (speakers) to be received by an electromagnet (human).

This is why analog is reclassified as a reproduction, whereas digital is now classified as recording.

Although digital isn't 1/64th the quality of analog- it can be pirated for free. Convenience won the sound war.

top topics

join