It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-US Sabotage Suspected After Massive Fire Breaks Out Near NATO Headquarters In Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
RT

A massive fire has erupted near a NATO base within the Buca district, Izmir, western Turkey. Authorities are investigating a possible act of sabotage, local media reports.
The inferno started on Sunday evening on the border of the Sahintepe and Mevkiinde districts. The fire engulfed the grassy wooded area and is spreading closer to NATO’s military base because of strong winds.

In a surprising twist, local authorities are investigating the fire as a possible act of anti-American sabotage.

The fire erupted shortly after Erdogan's leading Islamist paper headline officially targeted a US commander as coup leader adding his name & picture, in what local commentators dubbed as an "all out war" by Erdogan on the US.

Source

Zerohedge

I guess this means an escalation is not far away anymore.
edit on 24-7-2016 by earthling42 because: add link

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I do not understand your title. Can you explain how your title is relevant?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm NOT doubting your ideas here, PLEASE get that,RV is RUSSIAN they have a dog in this hunt,I am calling propaganda until we have a more mainstream venue.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Looks like Erdogan is creating an enemy out of his former masters as a way to further cement his power to me.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time.

He's playing a very dangerous game. He can't go running to Russia to beg for help if the US gets tired of his crap. Russia has no love for the Turkish Islamist Regime.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The second source, see the picture of the turkish newspaper.
The title is from ZH.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Twitter? As a source? Okie dokie.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I've added the link from zerohedge.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I'm NOT doubting your ideas here, PLEASE get that,RV is RUSSIAN they have a dog in this hunt,I am calling propaganda until we have a more mainstream venue.

As opposed to.. Our propaganda news networks? I get what you are saying but the irony

edit on 24-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

YOU should have seen the COLD WAR stuff ...THIS crap is too obvious.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Tjoran

YOU should have seen the COLD WAR stuff ...THIS crap is too obvious.

I did from the front lines . And you are correct.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There is apparently something happening at the base at this moment.

TURKEY has sent police to surround the Incirlik air base it operates with the United States — and where a large stockpile of NATO nuclear weapons is held — ahead of a visit by a senior US official tomorrow.

Source

1,000s Turkish forces surround NATO’s Incirlik air base for ‘inspection’ amid rumors of coup attempt

At midnight an inspection?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So far, not much is clear but a routine inspection does not go hand in hand with many dump trucks, tractors, other heavy equipment and a small army.
There is more to this than what is being said, i don't trust it a bit.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Turkish authorities restored access to and from a key air base used in operations against Islamic State militants, local media reported on Sunday, one day before the U.S. top military official is scheduled to visit the country.

Bloomberg

new topics

top topics

join