It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Be Pro-Cop and Pro-BLM

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Annee

except the one who shot the therapist

So even you have to admit there are cases of wrongdoing.

When do we all admit that and support their grievances, while also supporting law enforcement in general?

I would not support a movement that involved thugs getting hurt because they were belligerent to LEO.

Is there racism? Yes.

But, the fuel for this latest movement is not justified. IMO
edit on 25-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree with you. Unfortunately, the political climate on the internet is not in favour of anything unless it's an either/or proposition. Moderates can be hanged by either side in this temperature cos, "If you're not for us, you're against us!"

Do you remember early last year on ATS? There was a period of a few months when the most popular threads were anti-police. People argued for change in policing styles and bodycams; they argued that some cops are bad ones and should be weeded out. That's a lot of common territory for the BLM too.

Why can't you support both, admit faults within both, and yet push for reforms in both groups involved?

I cherry-picked this because it applies to your OP, but it could also easily apply to the two-party political system. No, instead it's all either/or with neither side being willing to acknowledge a single favourable point about the 'other.'

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thank you. It appears that you get it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Martin Luther King Jr. started the Southern Christian Leadership Conference which was used to propel his movement of racial equality. Should we have discredited his movement because it was not named something that included non-Southern Christians?

I'm not discrediting anything. I'm simply saying I personally believe these ventures would be more fruitful if they seemed more inclusive.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

BLM is an absolute crock of Sht. It is a false flame that has been kept burning, By a president and a presidential candidate no less (Aswell as others).

Based on a lie, idolising a known cop killer on a most wanted terrorist list. To say it is the minority would be lying, it is views of core leaders and directors of BLM to murder "pigs" and kill whitey.

Even black people are against BLM that must tell you something. They are some confused people.

Saying you can be both pro cop and pro BLM is not true I am afraid and i doubt any cop or any member of BLM would be interested in getting brunch.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Sure can.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatGoldStandard

Saying you can be both pro cop and pro BLM is not true I am afraid and i doubt any cop or any member of BLM would be interested in getting brunch.

I disagree. I think that there are people on both sides of the debate that are willing to sit down and talk about the issue. Some sort of dialogue has to be opened or we stand to keep both groups polarized. In doing that, we do not find a solution. We do not address their grievances and that will not be good for this country or our communities.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Do you reward children for bad behavior?

Do you cuddle them and blame their behavior on others?

The dialogue is not the right dialogue.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It is'nt a real Organisation it was built on a lie. They idolise a cop killer and and shout her name at rallies. This is'nt an anti-racist movement, Its a racist one. The co-founder of BLM Said All lives matter ALM was racist...Like WHAT? are you seriously telling me supporting all lives over black lives is racist.

They spit on the ideals of MLK, Mx, NelsonM etc... These people are''nt helping black people they are just helping to reeaffirm a sterotype of violent thugish brutes. Even if some of this apple is fresh the movement is doing alot more harm than good so for the good of the "Community" they should concentrate on feeding the homeless black people or helping ex criminals get jobs so they can try starting again and perhaps contribute more to society than anyone has recently.

The people willing to sit down and talk are the people who denounce BLM as a joke.

Though of course this is'nt an attack on your opinion just my own and where it is founded.
edit on 25-7-2016 by WhatGoldStandard because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join