It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'm not going to vote this time around....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't know you or your politics, but I can tell you I was leaning the same way. Then I watched as the current administration repeatedly threw law and order under the bus before all the facts were in, based solely on the race of the alleged victims. I also watched this administration repeatedly try to blame guns for violence instead of the people pulling the triggers. I am an ardent 2A advocate so I will do everything in my power to not have a 3rd Obama term and a continuation of the attempts to set this country back 100 years (much like what is going on in Turkey ATM).

Can't give you any reason to vote for either, but I would certainly welcome any help your inclined to provide in keeping HRC out of the WH and her continuing lining of her pockets with cash from all of us U.S. taxpayers, and the left's never ending assault on our Rights as U.S. citizens.
edit on 24-7-2016 by Lab4Us because: spelling/grammar

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Brother, I am right there with ya. But, there is no way I cannot do my part to keep Hillary out of that office.

This could be the turning point. That time where we finally unburden ourselves from the political status quo. I have nothing positive to say about Donald Trump ... other than ... he's neither a Clinton nor a Bush. I've gotta get behind him now wether I like it or not. If we don't do the dirty now, we've only ourselves to blame..

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It's sad that it's come down to that line of reasoning for electing someone to the executive office.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If you need a reason, try this one on. Hillary Clinton, while Secretary of State (under Obama) facilitated an agreement whereby Russia obtained 20% of our uranium resources. Shortly there after Bill personally got $500,000 for a speaking fee in Russia which was 3 times his normal speaking fee. It is suspected but not yet proven that Russia is selling that very same uranium to North Korea and Iran. Uranium is not only used for nuclear reactors but to make dirty bombs without making a loud noise or the need for a huge centrifuge. It is easily floated across the Rio Grande river through Mexico by Middle Eastern refugees who are military age males with beards. That should be enough for anyone to not vote for her.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It seems that no matter what way you vote this year, you will be voting for evil. I wonder if we get points off for voting for the devil when we get to those pearly gates. Seems that anyplace that has gates will be a prison. Maybe the gates actually lead to hell.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Vote Vermin Supreme and hail Eris.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I'm in the same spot, I had a candidate I liked, but he got the shaft from the MSM and the DNC so oh well. Might write him in just for the right to complain. And Infolurker is right, but Trump is like Russian Roulette with a semi automatic, Hillary is like playing it with a grenade and hoping it's a dud. I can't abide either.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

A non-vote is actually a vote of sorts.

So you ARE voting, just voting for no one.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Not even third party?

True, a third party vote is essentially meaningless, but it is an option.

Otherwise, I agree about the choices. It's warm # or cold #. Either way, we get #.

Its not meaningless if enough people vote to get them federal funding and a place at the debate tables. In fact there is like 50% of the country that doesnt really want Trump,or Hillary. If they all voted for Johnson hed be president. Not that hes perfect, but hes better than weve had in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I think you should embrace the trainwreck old-school SLAYER69 style.

Go vote for Hillary, then head to another polling station straight away and vote for Trump - get video footage time stamped of both votes.

The advantages here is that you have not effected the count and you have voted and you have the bonus of presenting both arguments in the future on ATS that you voted for the other person so it's not entirely your fault the trainwreck has continued.

Evil I know, but wickedly brilliant too.

Oh, and consume beer and bacon all day doing it, having the excuse of being drunk (with video proof) also exonerates you of responsibility for your actions.

The bacon is to make you thirsty, plus it's awesome.

You can thank me later [wink]

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Vote. You have all the information . It doesnt matter (sometimes I wonder) who you vote for. Vote your conscious . As once was told to me by the owner of a company when promoted to manager : " I am not going to fault you for making a bad decision , I am going to fault you for making no decision"
Peace.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Nope

So far, Just can't come to vote for either this time around.

Am I alone in that neither have really put forth something to swing you fellow fence sitters?

I'm just not impressed with either, nor do they instill confidence. I honestly don't see anything positive from either side if elected. Trump is a big mouth hot headed blow heart.

Clinton? I could really drag her deservedly through the mud on what she's done and failed to do but whats the point.

I thought previous elections were bad with all the mud slinging but this time around it's just down and dirty ugly. I seriously thought that by this time either side would present something that I'd be able to really sink my teeth into but as of yet?

Nada.

I reserve the right to shamelessly slam both sides.

there are more than 2 candidates

if nothing else, vote for a 3rd party candidate to express your frustration with the 2 parties that have ruined our country

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Nope

So far, Just can't come to vote for either this time around.

Am I alone in that neither have really put forth something to swing you fellow fence sitters?

I'm just not impressed with either, nor do they instill confidence. I honestly don't see anything positive from either side if elected. Trump is a big mouth hot headed blow heart.

Clinton? I could really drag her deservedly through the mud on what she's done and failed to do but whats the point.

I thought previous elections were bad with all the mud slinging but this time around it's just down and dirty ugly. I seriously thought that by this time either side would present something that I'd be able to really sink my teeth into but as of yet?

Nada.

I reserve the right to shamelessly slam both sides.

there are more than 2 candidates

if nothing else, vote for a 3rd party candidate to express your frustration with the 2 parties that have ruined our country

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Vote Johnson.

As a matter of fact, if a Trump supporter lives in a blue state, their vote isnt going to matter anyway since Hillary will still get the electoral votes.

The same applies to Hillary supporters in red states.

All these people should vote Johnson.

We need to get him to that 5% so the Libertarian Party can get matching funds in 2020, giving them a national stage.

Enough of this 2 Party stranglehold on our nation.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

This election really does seem worse than the past elections. Both sides have convinced me that the other side's candidate isn't electable. The only thing left is to vote 3rd party. I guess I don't see not voting as an option.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It seems that no matter what way you vote this year, you will be voting for evil. I wonder if we get points off for voting for the devil when we get to those pearly gates. Seems that anyplace that has gates will be a prison. Maybe the gates actually lead to hell.

Could you please give specifics about Trump like I did Clinton? I hate generalizations that can't be proven. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Carlin was right ONLY IF your candidate didn't win.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: Liquesence

Not even third party?

True, a third party vote is essentially meaningless, but it is an option.

Otherwise, I agree about the choices. It's warm # or cold #. Either way, we get #.

Its not meaningless if enough people vote to get them federal funding and a place at the debate tables. In fact there is like 50% of the country that doesnt really want Trump,or Hillary. If they all voted for Johnson hed be president. Not that hes perfect, but hes better than weve had in my lifetime.

That's a lot of 'ifs.'

And ifs don't do a damn thing.

ETA: Otherwise, I mostly agree. It's automatically stacked against anyone outside two-party clustercluck, anyway.
edit on 26-7-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join