It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 1 killed (the bomber), 12 injured (3 of them seriously) in restaurant explosion in Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
Gin
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
More happening in Germany.

At least one person has been killed and nine others injured after an explosion struck a restaurant in the south German city of Ansbach, Bavaria.

The incident took place in the central part of the city, close to an area in which a music festival took place at the weekend, Suddeutsche Zeitung reported. Police have cordoned off the area around the restaurant and are conducting a crime scene investigation.

A spokesman for the Bavarian interior minister said that the explosion in the Eugene Weinstube restaurant was a “deliberate” act rather than an accident. “At present we assume it is not an accident," the spokesman said.

Initial reports indicated that a gas leak may have caused the incident, but the mayor of the city, Carda Seidel, announced that authorities believe it was triggered by an improvised explosive device.

According to media reports, the explosion occurred in front of a restaurant shortly after 10:00pm local time. A music festival nearby was forced to end and around 2,500 visitors were evacuated.

Police and rescue workers are currently engaged in a large-scale operation. Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann is en route to the area, according to his spokesman.

Ansbach is located in the German state of Bavaria, some 40km (25 miles) from Nuremberg and around 150 km (93 miles) northwest of Munich.

Source
edit on 24-7-2016 by Gin because: Title change

edit on 24-7-2016 by Gin because: Title change #2

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

edit on 2420160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

I think it's time to stop the cultural enrichment.
edit on 2420160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The comment section on that page just killed me.

Did the gas leak shout "allahu akbar" before exploding?

'Moderate' gas?

Some provide food for thought though.

According to media reports, the explosion occurred in front of a restaurant. Gas leak in front of a restaurant ?

Guess we'll have to wait and see, as assuming the obvious is racist.

Gin

link   
Word is that the explosion came from the backpack of a guy who was trying to get into the music festival. This came from rumors on social media even before it was revealed to be a bomb, so they could be accurate.

If true, chances are pretty high it was a planned terrorist attack.

link   
Sky quoting a source saying it was an IED rather than a gas leak or some such.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
'man with backpack tried to get into music festival' before blast

Imagine if he was allowed into the music festival

Gin
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I agree. Enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin

How sad, again.

Prayers for the victims and families.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Waiting for all the usual suspects to come in here and tell us it was a nationalist German citizen because they saw him wearing boots or something.

Gin

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

The damage would have been much worse if so.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
For how long are those who want to protect their country from terrorists, going to be labeled as racists?

I feel like I keep saying enough is enough after every incident, but this just keeps going on. Why aren't the European retards of leaders DOING SOMETHING?

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Remember guys and gals Hillary wants to import a million Muslims at least. Don't let her.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The bbc is saying its a "bomb" blast now

Sorry RT.

www.google.com...#
edit on 24-7-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Two diners killed in explosion and 11 injured.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

The question is, for how much longer will being called a racist actually mean anything?

Hell, most of the UK is racist according to those who voted for the EU.

I have to say, I can see ordinary folks turning a blind eye to actual nazis if this stuff keeps going on while the governments do nothing.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Send them all home.

It's insane what we are allowing to happen in our own continent.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hopefully the one dead is the bomber...I mean the gas leak.

If the bomber only killed himself does he become the new puppet for jeff Durham? Does he get to be on stage with Achmed ?
edit on 24-7-2016 by thinline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Can you imagine how dangerous Kaiserslautern is right now? 50,000 American Armed Forces personnel and their families make up about half of the cities population. MANY live "on the economy" (off base) as I did for 4 years. Sad to think I would be scared to take my children out in public.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Father Sava of the Serbian Orthodox church in Kosovo can tell you about the murder mayhem and ethnic cleansing coming he has been warning people since 1998

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Racism is for thick people, you have to be pretty stupid to blame all Muslims for the actions of a few.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join