It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed forces recruitment adverts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
if you can fix a car, you can fix a Tank...

And you'll probably have to buy your own tools. I eventually gave up on the crap we had for changing treads and Went To Sears. We jealously guarded our tool cache.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
In the spirit of the OP. I think this was quite a good advert.

This one is a bit more of a story. The Royal Navy has a string of interesting adverts, including attracting women. If I was to rewind my life, I may have chosen a navy career.

edit on 25/7/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
At least the adverts on TV target all demographics, it's not so long ago the British Army were criticised by the Welsh government for only doing recruitment drives at schools in deprived areas.

Also interesting to note that both Wales and Scotland make up army numbers at a higher percentage rate disproportionate to their relevant populations in the UK.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
At least the adverts on TV target all demographics, it's not so long ago the British Army were criticised by the Welsh government for only doing recruitment drives at schools in deprived areas.

Also interesting to note that both Wales and Scotland make up army numbers at a higher percentage rate disproportionate to their relevant populations in the UK.

Before i joined up proper the only time i saw anything military was either at Gala days or through my own involvment with either the Army Cadets or the local TA.

Now we have Street Recruitment and the local Job centre up my way had an Army recruitment section at one point.
Not sure if it's the same as it was a few years ago though.

Just last month i saw a stall set up in a local precinct. They had 3 different weapons on display, one was a Sniper rifle, not sure what kind, Another was a huge Machine gun, once again not sure what kind, and i'm sure one was a SA 80 or a variation of that weapon. This was the only one i recognised.

I only noticed it in the passing but the stall was doing a roaring trade with mostly overweight middle aged men salivating at the sight of a real "Masheeny gun".

Not everday the average joe gets to see some military hardwear up close. No doubt all three were deactivated.

I would say the Military has in the past had a high percentage of unemployed. They dont just take any old unemployed plank but a few planks do sometimes get through only to be sussed out at basic.

We had a guy who would piss the bed then try lay blame on some mystery assailant for pouring water on his bed in the middle of the night. Needless to say Private Dampdown never lasted.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Private Dampdown! Hahaha!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Join the Navy to see the World.

Join the Army to clean it.

(26 years in the infantry and still going!)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If you want to see the World Join the mechant Navy.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Those are both good ones.

The latest Navy and Airforce ones are pretty focused on engineering. Be pretty disappointed if you end up in the RAF regiment or RN provost.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: paraphi

Those are both good ones.

The latest Navy and Airforce ones are pretty focused on engineering. Be pretty disappointed if you end up in the RAF regiment or RN provost.

Oi! Thot ya'd be runnin' the nuke plant, didya? Ya get to sort mail, lad. For four years.
edit on 25-7-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

good one.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Join the Navy to see the World.

Join the Army to clean it.

(26 years in the infantry and still going!)

Nah, you just got lucky you didn't get Fukushima radiation. Just like USS Ronald Reagan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join