It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Meetup/Convention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So I was just making a comment on a new thread begun by user nonspecific about if you were to die would the people on ATS know, and as I read the comments this notion of a convention for ATS members came up. AugustusMasonicus, #snipped#, informed the group that a convention was spoken about in NYC but never came to fruition.

Well, this got me thinking...if at first you don't succeed, try try again. The reason why I put in my title Meetup is because there is a site called Meetup.com that I think might work perfectly for this type of collaboration and meeting on a local level. A convention is a whole 'nother ball of wax, but on a local level Meetup.com would serve flawlessly for fellow ATS members to form dinner/discussion/whatever groups and meet on a somewhat regular basis. I think a convention would be astounding, and as the local groups form it would definitely prove easier to make a more national/international meeting happen. As was once said, "All politics is local politics."

Peace...
edit on Sun Jul 24 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

If EVERYONE decided to meet up, it would have to be a very, very large venue.😃

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

Ha! You know, I have no doubt that's true. It'd be bigger then ComicCon!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You say that but even though there are about 350,000 members only so many are regulars and die hards.

I tried to set one up in the UK at Avebury last year but it did not really get much interest.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If you find a Meetup site called 'Augie's Basement Freezer' that is the official ATS get together.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We have a great convention center here in Phoenix... Yes, I'm lobbying for Phoenix rather than NYC. Just for the love of all things holy, don't hold it in the summer.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you find a Meetup site called 'Augie's Basement Freezer' that is the official ATS get together.

Really?! Thanks for the info. Ummm....question. Why not call it something more like, oh hell, I don't know...ATS Meetup Group? Ha!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I would not want to be accused of false advertising.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
You say that but even though there are about 350,000 members only so many are regulars and die hards.

The current membership list is 292669.
Presumably the larger figure includes the banned accounts.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Remember that only 55% of members have even posted. Of that, the vast majority have less than 20 posts. There are about 3500 members with 500+ posts, and that includes banned and abandoned accounts. Include everyone who would spend money to travel to a forum convention...and you could likely hold it in a very small venue.

Oh, and how many people on ATS would you REALLY want to meet? A handful of your favourites?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I tried to set one up in the UK at Avebury last year but it did not really get much interest.

If you wear the same clothes as your Avatar i'm up for it in 2016 / 2017

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

I never wear anything less mate.

Unless I am on the golf course that is.

Or climbing a drain pipe on a jewellry hiest then I wear my latex cat woman suit for comfort and manuverability.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Remember that only 55% of members have even posted. Of that, the vast majority have less than 20 posts. There are about 3500 members with 500+ posts, and that includes banned and abandoned accounts. Include everyone who would spend money to travel to a forum convention...and you could likely hold it in a very small venue.

Oh, and how many people on ATS would you REALLY want to meet? A handful of your favourites?

Good question.

Whilst we are at it could you tell me what the hell your username is all about? been bugging me for ages now.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Hmmmmmmm, OK

And you wonder why there was lack of interest? honestly

edit on 2016-07-24T14:54:21-05:002016Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:54:21 -0500bSunday5407America/Chicago162 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It really means nothing, just a random amalgamation of letters so I could remember my username when I signed up. Not so special.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Nah...you should definitely wear it on your jewelry heists, that way if you get caught you could just be like, "Hey, I'm the Pope b**ches!" Home free!

I never wear anything less mate.

Unless I am on the golf course that is.

Or climbing a drain pipe on a jewellry hiest then I wear my latex cat woman suit for comfort and manuverability.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecificBlimey, Nonspecific, latex, latex? What would Mrs Nonspecific have to say about that?
Anyway Lycra is the new in thing for cat burglars nowadays as latex tends to creep up the crotch area resulting in painful compression of the nether regions.
If there was a convention I would appear just to meet a certain poster and give him a tonk behind his left ear for being so clever. I'll let you guess who I'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

and a BIG TARGET

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Every weekend there's a get together at my place for all the Mods on the African continent...

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
Every weekend there's a get together at my place for all the Mods on the African continent...

Sweet! I'll be there! That's pretty close to Texas, right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join