It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Metal Sphere found on Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
the enchanced pic almost makes it look like a volcanic rock. I has a glossyness to it also.

Now that you mention it, it does. I hadn't though of that. It does have the pourousness that most volcanic rocks seem to have.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I would be remiss in not pointing out the fact that ATSNN caried this story 5 days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
the enchanced pic almost makes it look like a volcanic rock. I has a glossyness to it also.

Well they do have the biggest volcano in the solar system on mars. Olympus Mons it is nearly 27 km high 3 times higher the Mt. Everest.

I wonder how far Olympus Mons is from this site, I always wanted to see a pic of it from the surface.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Perhaps it is what's left of Beagle ... LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Beagle
I forgot all about that probe, it was going to dig under the Martian surface only about 6 inches but it would have been interesting.

Atleast on the good side I think Spirit and Opportunity have dug almost that deep with their wheels. Not that they were designed to do that or had sensors like beagle.

I think before the Spirit and Opportunity mission only half of the probes sent to mars made it i one piece. Still not a sure bet sending probes to Mars Perhaps NASA brought up the average with the last two .

E_T

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think before the Spirit and Opportunity mission only half of the probes sent to mars made it i one piece.
I'm not exactly sure about year but around 2000-2002 that number was one third... I think numbers were about 22 failures from 33 flights.
There was article about that in member magazine of Ursa Astronomical Association.

So there's lot of work getting that number up.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
NASA Confirms its a metorite

The data from this should end up being pretty interesting!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Beagle
I forgot all about that probe, it was going to dig under the Martian surface only about 6 inches but it would have been interesting.

Atleast on the good side I think Spirit and Opportunity have dug almost that deep with their wheels. Not that they were designed to do that or had sensors like beagle.

Don't forget, there's a fresh mad-made crater, right next to the man-made meteorite (the heat shield).. Hopefully we'll have a good look there.
NASA just got preocupied with the real meteorite.

Not sure how deep our little crater is, but I sure find it interesting that our "meteorite", landed right next to the real thing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join