It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperdimensional Old Man in the Woods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
What if our reality is just one of many shared simulations? I think our human perception of reality limits how we think about the soul. Perhaps, our souls experiences multiple realities simultaneously (since time really do not exist for them), much like a radio tuner that can tune to multiple radio stations all at once. Our reality is but only one frequency our souls tune into. We can usually only perceive this frequency or this reality and timeline. Our souls however, can experience all versions of us in different realities and time. Perhaps the old man is just a projection of your soul trying to communicate with you.

I do consider it a possibility that it was me.
Like you I think our perception is very limited and essentially that everything exists at once. In real life when I talk to people I compare us to a sensor. There's the "reality" and we're the tools to experience/play with it.

I have a lot more thoughts on that but I want to do another thread for them because I've quite a bit to say about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
There's only so much a bunch of us fools on the internet can say.

But this does sound like something of a hermetic experience. Something shamans, gurus, and mystics would have in common. (Maybe one day you'll run into one, and bring this up as part of the conversation.) I'd say to pay attention, the old man may have had some good advice to tell you. And it's true, we haven't been the best stewards to this planet we're on, if that's the "her" he's talking about. Such a mess (and most of our own making), it's not going to be easy to fix things.

I suppose you'll just have to do more meditation to see these things (perhaps astral, or maybe introspective?) and figure out a way.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

Thank you for your reply, I'm excited to see them on here.

I won't share which because I made this account solely to be able to talk about things I want separate but I've started a programming business just to build up funds to be able to research things like this. It's nothing major right now but I'm making significant progress.

My family and friends think I'm trying to do this great thing starting some company. If they knew what my goal was they'd think I'm insane lol. ahh..

Before this experience I played with astral projection and alike but in the back of my mind I always thought "I'm just tweaking my brain and making it experience things that aren't really there/happening."
It was this experience that made me actually start taking the possibilities seriously. Before it I entertained ideas because it was "cool" but now my view is totally different.

Since this has happened I've tried multiple things including DEEP meditation (not just some "oh let's relax for 5 minutes") to try to figure this out. I've been attempting astral projection a lot and I can hit the vibration phase almost each night I try but my mind keeps sucking me back out of it. I need to learn to not think more. I'm working on it. This is why I'm running my own show so to speak, so I can build up enough money that I can pay other people to work for me and be able to take extended breaks/not have to think/worry about things which distract me.

I read everything from the Bible and Quran to the Lemegeton and everything in-between. I can find many "crazy" things in books and online but nothing exactly like this.

I've considered it being the earth as you've mentioned but I am not sure about that.
The only thing that annoys me about this is how vague he was. The only thing I can assume is that (assuming it was real) I'll know when the time comes for me to. Maybe knowing too soon would skew my path. I hate saying things like that because I know how it sounds but hey there's my thoughts.

What's funny to me is I just started watching this old TV series Heroes a week ago.
At one part there's this Japanese dude that can freeze time and teleported to this train where one of the main characters were and told him to save this cheerleader in the show. Watching it had me laughing my ass off and totally kicked my curiosity back into gear.

I don't think the old man was talking about some random chick I've never met but nonetheless the coincidence killed me and I've been binging on the series now. It's got me thinking of nearly nothing but this old man.

Anyway I came back and checked this because I wanted to post something ....

If anyone has experienced something like this PLEASE message me!

I used to think people that talked about things like this were crazy but now I know I was naive.

If you met me in real life you'd realize I'm far from crazy. Not to brag but I'm quite intelligent and very "grounded". It took a lot for me to even post this [somewhat] anonymously on here and even more to finally stop wondering if I had lost my mind.

I've found many things about aliens, ghosts, demons but nothing like this. Maybe he was a demon or alien? I don't know but nowadays I'll entertain almost anything. Truthfully though I think he was something else. What, I'm not sure.

If I would have began to read this before I experienced it myself I would have laughed and probably posted something ignorant and I imagine most would and that most people that have experienced anything like this would fear that sort of response.

I'll listen to anyone even if you're a diagnosed schizophrenic. It doesn't mean I'll believe you in the end but, I want to take in as much information regarding things like this as I can.

To ATS founders, I'm confident you guys like nearly all of us web owners are trying to make some money but regardless I'm quite appreciative of this site.

Peace out ATS and kudos to you willing to share!
edit on 17-8-2016 by OfTheVoid46 because: Had an unfinished sentence. That is what you get for ATSing while working

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Don't you JUST WISH they would be BLUNT and to the point instead of nebulous and dreamy...IT'S like it's against the law for them to tell you a thing so they resort to this...I never have seen a thing but at LEAST I can read about yours and MAYBE learn something...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

To add, I made an edit while you replied as I accidentally submitted too soon.

Here's my thoughts on that:
"I've considered it being the earth as you've mentioned but I am not sure about that.
The only thing that annoys me about this is how vague he was. The only thing I can assume is that (assuming it was real) I'll know when the time comes for me to. Maybe knowing too soon would skew my path. I hate saying things like that because I know how it sounds but hey there's my thoughts.
"
edit on 17-8-2016 by OfTheVoid46 because: mispelled "too"

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OfTheVoid46

Do continue.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

At the time this happened it was hard enough to believe it even though there was physical proof the next day.
If he meant the planet or something well I'd probably laugh.
I don't think he meant that though but..
..if he told me to help someone specific I'd probably do the same.
As odd as it sounds I think I would have taken it less seriously if he had been more specific.
The lack of detail and wonder around it has kept my curiosity peaked.

Hope that makes sense. I'm grasping at straws though to be honest.
I'm just trying to guess/apply some logic to it.
It still doesn't make much sense to me, mostly why he came to me.

Seriously if it weren't for the trail and circle left by him I would have made myself forget about it and just pretend I wasn't crazy. What was left behind makes me know I'm not but that's about all I know from it.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Did you feel in any way restrained from asking any questions or would you think it rude to have done so?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well when he first walked up I was worried I was about to be chewed out for trespassing so until he started talking after I apologized I didn't think of saying/asking anything and really up until he started talking "crazy things" well, I didn't know what our conversation was going to be about.

Once he started talking I didn't really have a chance to get a word in.
It's like having a conversation with anyone else years ago, I can't remember every exact word but he must have overheard or otherwise known part of our conversation about monks.

I've had a fascination with the concept of controlling one's body through meditation. Whether it be to be able to astral project, withstand extreme cold, etc.. He gave me the it's all true part, the help her and told me to make sure that I follow up and dedicate myself to learning like the monks/how to experience beyond what our normal sense perceive.

Once he finally stopped talking I was about to ask him some questions and that's when he disappeared.
edit on 17-8-2016 by OfTheVoid46 because: added (working while ATS/rushing again)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

A second reply ..

I'd like to add that the feeling I got (read my last reply) after what he said was that I wasn't worth any more of his time unless I basically prove I take him seriously and dedicate time to it.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

And YOU are, so we'll see.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Lol @ kung-fu master vague. Interesting story my friend. Keep us posted

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
it's ok to meet allmost anything, the thing troubling me about the old man is that he wanted you to do something , he didn't gave a hint or an advise , he wanted ( every you must is a well hidden unpolite i want you to). if you do what it sad you would be doing it's bidding, second a white light figure with a black staff is not a good thing most of the time , it was either tainted or hiding it's true form. if you don't have a god it wants to be your god ...helping is never a bad thing to do , just be carefull

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
You met Papa Ghede. He guards the crossroads.

No that doesn't seem like the Old Man. The old man is a archetype figure, there is a good thread on experiences with an old man. And my son and I had a brief experience, a shared vision, of an Old Man, delighted with us for discussing infinity , stepping out the sky and laughing. He was certainly not demonic but more akin to a Angel, Higher Up, almost like a University Professor Counselor and sensed he had a wonderful sense of humor.

My son, roughly 18 at the time, jumped visibly. People don't just share visions so I wanted to test him, and yet didn't want to lead him in any way. So I said merely, "he laughed!" and my son nodded over and over again. So we talked about it then and he'd seen, heard and experienced the same thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I like where this is going, bookmarking for a good read tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Interesting. I remember you and your story. You posted it on Reddit way back except there weren't much details other than you felt like it was a lucid dream and you never mentioned him speaking to you about saying help her or anything. Based off memory I remembered you were camping with your gf he appeared and there was a stone circle on the ground and he had a staff. I was intrigued by it because I've also read into a lot of the same subjects you have. I'm not sure I really believe you now since there are more added and changed details and I'm always super skeptical about people who are fanatical about these fringe topics. But interesting nonetheless because I was searching for your post for the longest time online but could never find it and here you are.

Edit: I did some googling and I read some of your posts on '___' nexus forum. While I'm not using your drug use as a point to disprove anything you've said , in that post you mentioned you were into psychology at 16 and no mentions of seeing entities as a kid. So there are some inconsistencies here that leave me blindsided.

A tip I have for you is that we often want to know the deepest mysteries and experience greater realities but the experience can be all consuming and you'll be wishing for normalcy again. So don't lose yourself in the metaphysical ideation always stay grounded in reality. And weigh the metaphysical causes and reasons with psychophysiological explanation. Best of luck to you in life.
edit on 17-6-2017 by IntimateCat because: Additional statement

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Your experience is insane. I don't know what I would do if that had happened to me. Have you ever found him again in a dream or OBE?

Also, what did it feel like when time stopped?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join