It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Misogyny

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

The Council of Nicea didn't make Jesus God, heck John the Apostle says Jesus is God in the first chapter of his gospel account written in 95 AD. The Nicaean Council addressed the Arian heresy, settled on a date for Easter (which was blasphemy), and voted to appoint bishops.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

The Gospel of John is not believed to be written until around 300 AD. I doubt he lived that long and what are the odds that Logos, worked into Jewish philosophy by a man who died in 50 AD was borrowed first by the Gnostics then by the author of John?Very good actually because Philo was an Alexandrian and Gnostics dwelled in that very land.

So either Philo was a prophet, was John the Apostle or was borrowed from to make Jesus God in a pseudepigraphal Gospel.

The Apostle John didn't write John. He died long before Jesus became God and "his" Gospel was written and Nicea was where the corrupt priests of corrupt Constantine first made Jesus God. Jesus sure never says it and using the Word/Logos opening as evidence is really weak strategically because Plato and Philo existed longer and long before Christianity decided Jesus was God using their philosophy as a method.

Come on now your opinion is yours but doesn't make for fact or truth any less than a common sense approach to history makes what I am saying false.

Fact is neither one of us know for sure if Jesus ever existed. I can tell you believe but that's opinion not fact (faith), I don't at all believe it.
edit on 31-7-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

John is dated to 90-100 AD. Only modern scholars think it wasn't written by John, but nowadays the cool thing to do to sell books is to criticize centuries old traditional beliefs. Nobody can sell a single book by saying "I agree with millennia old historical records. The end"

The Rylands Paparus is the earliest piece of the text of John to survive to this day and is dated to 125 AD.

edit on 7 31 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Modern as in more educated? Scholar as in more educated than us?

Again, weak stategy .

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

And none of that explains ripping off Plato and/or Philo and the Logos of God not being originally Christian.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The truthfulness of Christianity rests on the word of men who were instructed by a vicious murderer what to do and a church you probably don't belong to today.

And if so because you find Catholicism corrupt. I am telling you it started corrupt and It's offspring can't fix that problem so they pretend Constantine was a nice guy and that the men who destroyed all Aramaic originals in the priesthood didn't and they were just "lost."

Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muffenstuff

Modern as in more educated? Scholar as in more educated than us?

Again, weak stategy .

Why are you mad? What is it to you when John wrote his epistles? The dating of John harms you in no way whatsoever.

And it's a fact, the earliest papyri in existence of John is the Rylands Paparus, and it's dated to 125 AD. It's a 2nd or 3rd generation transmission, meaning the original was 90-100 AD. And that matches contemporary historians who said John wrote his letters and Revelation from the Isle of Patmos during the reign of emperor Domitian.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

No, the truthfulness of Christianity rests upon the transformative power of the Holy Spirit in a Christian's life. For example with me, I no longer am addicted to drugs, I no longer cuss, I no longer lie to people, I no longer entertain prostitutes, my life is radically changed from the life I had before I met Jesus and surrendered to Him. The Holy Spirit comes into a life and does exactly what the Word of God says He will do, He convicts of sin and righteousness and that judgment is coming.

I thank Jesus He created a new man in me, that's the power of the gospel, it changes people.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

If that were true then the world would be a better place and I wouldn't know that Christ as the Logos is a copycat move.

Well I also am in recovery although I have never paid for it I would probably have a lot more sex if I did. I am a lonely guy.

If that's the case I don't want to talk ill of your beliefs. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a decent girl and am pretty miserable about it so I know pain.

On that note I think Jesus is cool, you seem like a nice guy and wish not to bicker over that which has helped you and I get why you believe.

If it would get me out of my misery I probably would too.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Surrender your heart to Jesus, acknowledge His Lordshipr, seek Him with all your heart and ask Him for the Holy Spirit and I guarantee you, He will come to you and will change your life. That's a fact my friend.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join